Sasha’s Octavia vRS

6 hours ago, pab567 said:

I hope Sasha doesn't mind if I post some screenshots from the unit she's getting :)

50532336_748766388838108_17257882969964544_n.jpg

50285491_960368400837578_1899654165185953792_n.jpg

50494106_341760046666800_1200375326950031360_n.jpg

That looks a lot like my Amundsen's display minus the annoying buttons on each lower corner. Good screen but a pita to keep clean :D

• Like 1

On 20/01/2019 at 16:50, AndGibs1486 said:

Could you tell me the breaker you use please

My current radio setup came from a variety of eBay breakers. I can't remember which ones sadly.

6 hours ago, pab567 said:

I hope Sasha doesn't mind if I post some screenshots from the unit she's getting :)

50532336_748766388838108_17257882969964544_n.jpg

50285491_960368400837578_1899654165185953792_n.jpg

50494106_341760046666800_1200375326950031360_n.jpg

Don't mind at all; can't wait to get it in the car!!!

6 hours ago, Madmax889 said:

@SashaGrace if your getting rid of your large screen I’ll take it from you :thumbup:

I am. I've had a lot of messages and offers regarding the audio setup. In the interest of fairness I'll be listing it for sale as a unit (radio and screen) on here soon and the first person to ask and pay for the unit will buy it. Ideally I'd like it to go as a system rather than splitting the unit and the screen but I am interested in offers. I've not thought about a price yet but I will when the new radio is in.

52 minutes ago, uchuff said:

Initially I thought the FL Columbus had gone too far removing the physical knobs, but after having a car with the FL Amundsen for a while now I feel the volume knob exists purely to annoy me when it's not pointing in the correct orientation. 

I wholeheartedly agree!!! I can't wait to banish the wonky volume knob and I never use it anyway, only the steering wheel controls. I might miss the other one for scrolling through Spotify etc but I'll learn to live with it for the sake of the glorious 9.2 inch screen I said not 10 months ago I would't upgrade to.

52 minutes ago, JohnnyType2 said:

thats very tasty, almost make me want to trade up to a 9.2

If you've done the upgrade once, as you have, it's probably not worth doing it again. I was almost going to be a bit tight and keep my exiting screen but then I had that FL Amundsen one off you and it makes the display look much sharper so I decided I had to have an FL screen.

34 minutes ago, pauljohn75 said:

OMG - Sasha that is such a sweet setup...

Thanks :) It'll look even better in the car! It also has some other features I haven't run through yet that I'm very excited about :) 

23 minutes ago, Stonker said:

That looks a lot like my Amundsen's display minus the annoying buttons on each lower corner. Good screen but a pita to keep clean :D

It is the same display technology but with no swivel knobs and a slightly bigger screen.

19 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Yes but you forget Ladies like cleaning stuff.:tongueout:

You wouldn't say that if you saw the state of the car right now! It's filthy outside :D

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Every time SWMBO is sitting in the passenger seat of either car she is busy cleaning the 8" touchscreens. Personally I don't like the 9.2" screen I find the smaller screen more user friendly but your money your choice.:thumbup:

I gave up looking for an Amundsen screen as a lot of them are either damaged, faulty or really £££. My Columbus screen has arrived today, but I’ll have to wait until I get home to see how it is. I never use the swivel knobs so I thought why not?

9 minutes ago, Madmax889 said:

@SashaGrace I’ll throw in my TSI Exhaust as well justbfor the sweetener lol 

Haha, the postage is just too many £££ I’ll come up with a price as and when it’s ready to go and we can take it from there :)

If you're looking to replace your sound system I'm sure I can undercut Sasha.  I've got an old portable record player in the loft that'll take 33's, 45's, and 78's.  You can stack up about half a dozen LP's and it'll auto play them all.  I'll throw in the stereo speakers and a 12>240v inverter for your cigarette lighter to power it.  You can have the lot for £600. :tongueout:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, silverden said:

Ah, the good old days :cool:

image.png.0c2e1302a7f529c6689892f84f7dfe88.png

Not his greatest moment unless he was getting paid loads to advertise the new technology. Dad had a Vauxhall Cresta PB 1963 with a six cylinder engine and column change. Drove it once, no seat belts, leather bench seats front and back, hated it LOL.:rofl:

Just gone through the whole of this thread! Crazy how you've been able to retrofit all those extras! Whats the car been like in terms of reliability? Not heard much about these newer diesel engines. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SashaGrace said:

And in the last 30 odd thousand miles and 13 and a half months it has needed 1x DPF pressure sensor after it exploded and set fire to the surrounding wiring looms which happened the day after the cambelt was done and Skoda repaired the loom damage and replaced the sensor half price without me asking! Otherwise it’s been perfect and it’s never let me down.

Sasha - my DPF pressure sensor did this too. I fixed it myself but couldn't find any info about how it happened. Were you offered an explanation as to how it happened?

• Like 1

Great work as always @SashaGrace the 9.2 Columbus looks fantastic :inlove:

Some might disagree, but I think the lack of buttons or dials is worth it for the way it looks. I also love that you can split the screen now too, it's one of the things I miss from having BMW Pro Nav prior to joining the Skoda world.

• Like 1

Thanks :) I am not missing the buttons yet, but I did head for my right swivel knob when browsing the settings earlier haha. There are so many new features to play with and it makes the car feel bang up to date, I’m so glad I didn’t cheap out and keep the old screen. This unit also has Media Connect added and that’s a cool feature for back seat drivers :) 

310F4F4A-5FF4-4CB0-9DC1-28A5B73EB5CF.thumb.png.ca9e2a4708c2b6b6c0b7764859411336.png

Not sure why the map mode isn’t working, the cluster and the radio are talking in some way.

5E736C48-B281-4F68-9F0B-7D007130B6DC.thumb.jpeg.c6a75818eaa33104b2eca5928815335a.jpeg

But it just stays on this screen and there are no radio logos either, just blanks. The button for it on the radio is greyed out at the moment so there’s something I’m missing. I’m sure this is why I need the FL Gateway so I’ll need to have that coded soon.