Installing Speed Cameras on The Amundsen MIB2 - Free Database and Quite Simple to Do!

2 hours ago, sandman said:

Hi bigade,having problems with Jan update, keep getting error message,no data available, Dec 2018 loads fine, not doing anything different with Jan update but it's not playing the game   

I've rechecked them and they seem ok. Could it be your download was corrupted? Try re-downloading them and see if that works. if anyone else is having issues can you please let me know so I can investigate further?

Thanks,after further attempts I have finally cracked it and up and running,I unpacked the Zip file to my downloads folder, opened the speedcams folder and deleated the Metaifo2 file.Cheers,keep up the good work  

Edited by sandman

Fantastic, worked a treat for me! I can't wait to try it. All my local cameras are visible on the screen so I assume there will be audible warning. 

I had messed about with this for ages getting nowhere going round in circles, using the Skoda update, POIBase etc, with various formats and error messages. Nothing worked, either forced a massive re-start on the head unit or gave the usual 'No files found'. 

A thousand thanks, I'm very grateful. Why can't Skoda fix the bugs in their programme...

After finally getting an SD card reader for my PC, I followed the directions and the update worked a treat.  Just got to try it out on the road now.

Thanks to bigade1 for doing the work and providing good instructions.  :clap: 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BlockABoots said:

Just followed the steps on the first post, are these the POI that were added from bigadel's update?....

Yes those are mine. They need to be ticked to enable them. And don't forget to enable the poi audible warning alert as well.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bigade many thanks for providing your updated file. I have used it a few times with no problem. (I compiled my own last year but of course yours is so much simpler)

I was in Europe and loaded the standard VW file. No problems only those silly, weak icons. When I came back and loaded your January update they show ok in the POIs list but on the map the weak icons are retained. I have tried earlier files of yours but still the wrong icons. Do you have any idea how I can get your icons back on the map?

Again my personal thanks for your efforts

John

Strange - the only thing I can suggest to try at the moment ( I'm assuming that you only upload the newer ones onto your unit without deleting the old ones ) is to delete the old ones first before you upload the new version. You can do this using the manage memory menu option in the settings when the satnav is displayed. I think the entry to delete is called " My pois ". 

Thanks bigade.  So this morning, 5 minutes into a journey, I look down and the icons had all changed to yours! No idea what caused the change but my guess  is  that the vehicle moving normally fixed it as opposed to the earlier testing which took place when stationary. Anyway I'm sorted. Thanks for your response.

• 1 month later...
On 20/02/2019 at 17:33, bigade1 said:

Strange - the only thing I can suggest to try at the moment ( I'm assuming that you only upload the newer ones onto your unit without deleting the old ones ) is to delete the old ones first before you upload the new version. You can do this using the manage memory menu option in the settings when the satnav is displayed. I think the entry to delete is called " My pois ". 

New on here, after recently getting my Karoq. Have followed your instructions and downloaded and installed the speed camera files following your instructions ( I think) All seems to have gone well, but when selecting each individual Speed camera POI, I am getting a message along the lines of 'You have reached your limit'.

I can see how you delete all POI's, but can you delete them individually?

Advice  appreciated

Edited by snowglowjoe
spelling mistake

• 3 weeks later...

*** NEW APRIL UPDATE ***

Unfortunately, after further in depth testing of my previous compilation and despite several re-compilations of the same database. I believe that either the original database has been corrupted by the person who donated it or the updates to it are extremely inaccurate. I'm seeing the wrong camera types displayed in my local area along with several missing camera locations. Since I am unable to edit or delete previous posts I am therefore uploading a new compilation sourced from an alternative database attached below and ask that you disregard my previous post and upgrade to this compilation which has been tested in my local area. Please note that although the categories in the menu settings will show up with a " UK " prefix label description - these ones are in fact all of the European country ones so you must check whether you will have to disable them beforehand when travelling in a particular country because in certain European countries it is illegal to use speed camera warnings. 

Here's my customised version of EU Speedcams ( April, 2019 ) . For information purposes - this version contains EU speed cameras which are split into four consolidated poi categories i.e. Fixed Speedcams, Average Speedcams, Variable Speedcams and Redlight Speedcams. They come supplied with my own personal choice of icon to match each of the categories. Remember to Install them as I explained in the first post in this thread i.e. after extracting the zip file remember to place only the PersonalPOI folder and metainfo2.txt file onto your sd card ( Please Note: a usb stick will not work! ). Also, please remember to select/tick the relevant newly added poi categories and the poi audible warning alert in the menu settings after performing the update or they will not display on your map or alert you.

EU Speedcams April 2019.zip

• Thanks 4

Hi bigadel

Many thanks indeed for posting these camera updates, and amending the post. Fantastic, your work here is very much appreciated by myself and I'm sure is also from many others on the forum. 

Thank you once again.

• Thanks 1