1.5 SEL first gear issue.

Janner74

I just wondered if anyone has checked online for recalls on their cars? I have tried for the last 6 days & the service has been temporarily unavailable. Did a live chat with Imran on Sunday, he said it is under maintenance & should be working as soon as possible. He suggested trying after 48 hrs. Still not available this morning. 

He told me there is a 24EV 2019-09-05 A Engine control unit recall for my karoq 1.5, for the ECU software update. 

My dealership manager told me "The characteristic that you reported to us was something which was reported by a small number of customers in the UK and for this reason it was escalated to certain departments in the various factories to investigate the possibility of enhancements.".

Executive office have said my dealership "also advised they have carried out this enhancement for a few customers and all have confirmed that it has worked which is extremely positive for all involved."

Thought the roo was a characteristic (so they keep saying). Are they enhancing the roo?????

Unfortunately not at this stage, sounds as though it's for the software update.  I have tried to reject my car already. Have been given all the usual about it being a "characteristic". Not happy, but I have my car booked in for update 1.10.19 for them to "enhance" the roo???

If this is  a characteristic and they are proud of building a modern engine that acts like one from the eighties and with a carburetor fitted then well done!!

Ask them why were you not informed of this "characteristic" prior to your purchase?

Ridiculous! Everyone says VAG never again but still they rule the sales' figures.

1 hour ago, kifir said:

Recall? Do you mean car return with money refund?

No. Recall action means that you will be contacted directly (letter, phone) to get your car fixed. Action 24ev was also mentioned to me when they updated my octavia MY2019. They told that 24ev action is currently just for karoqs. I don't know what is the truth. This is what I've heard. Anyway my car was updated with the latest sw even I did not suffer from kangaroo and it behaves much better and is much more responsive.

Just tried the website for recall campaigns and it is still not functioning so used the LIVE CHAT contact and after giving the VIN details there is an outstanding field campaign for my Karoq (MY2019) of a W-Engine control unit.

Karoq field campaign 25ept2019.jpg

Edited by Apprentice

10 hours ago, trek said:

No. Recall action means that you will be contacted directly (letter, phone) to get your car fixed. Action 24ev was also mentioned to me when they updated my octavia MY2019. They told that 24ev action is currently just for karoqs. I don't know what is the truth. This is what I've heard. Anyway my car was updated with the latest sw even I did not suffer from kangaroo and it behaves much better and is much more responsive.

Just had another LIVE CHAT to confirm earlier feedback and the Skoda service campaign is indeed 24EU

Karoq 24EU update 25Sept2019.jpg

Edited by Apprentice
typo

For UK owners: https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-recall

Apparently my Karoq is listed for recall, but I spoke to Skoda Support on the phone today and she said "the update you received a month ago should have fixed the issue, I haven't heard  anyone come back to us with issues after this update". Well it did absolutely nothing for me....

I'm going to call tomorrow and ask about this recall notification.

@kifir Maybe that's because the karoqs are the most affected models with this "characteristics". So they created service campaign. But they will not do anything special just update with the latest sw. The important thing is that for each model there is already new sw. So each model can be updated. It doesn't matter if there is campaign or not. As I read your previous posts it looks like you have the latest sw for your model. So there is unfortunatelly nothig you can do now. Even if there is service campaign formally created for your model of octavia. You already have latest sw. Only option for now is to wait if there will be new sw for your model. That can be really frustrating. But as you mentioned your experiences previously it looks like it behaves differently than "standard kangaroo characteristic".  It looks like your engine has more serius issues that cant be solved by latest sw fix. This is just my guess.

• Like 1

Yes but for MY18 there is new sw as well. Each model has already new sw. See the picture below. First column is Ecu version. Second original sw version(s). Last column is for new version number. So they should know how each model behaves and how to fix it.

image.png.01727aabe131dfc5641cd1878a4c3863.png

@trek thanks for explanation. Next week is exactly the year of my expectation. Kilograms of nerves, hundreds of letters, etc. 

If we knew that they would solve a problem without leaving us to live with it, it would be much easier.

UPD: I have not yet seen any feedback that 9622 cured the problem.

@fidelio Looks like, but if all MY19 get a fully working update, that's a good sign. Then we can be sure that this is a software problem, not hardware. (As an option for  MY18 owners, wait for stage1 from  some company like REVO or APR eg.)

Edited by kifir
upd

On 25/09/2019 at 22:21, kerbero5 said:

For UK owners: https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-recall

Apparently my Karoq is listed for recall, but I spoke to Skoda Support on the phone today and she said "the update you received a month ago should have fixed the issue, I haven't heard  anyone come back to us with issues after this update". Well it did absolutely nothing for me....

I'm going to call tomorrow and ask about this recall notification.

Hi kerbero5, 

Did you manage to find anything else out about the recall listed on your car? Also, in August you mentioned that your car was in for a diagnostic check after having an update done. Can you please advise the result of that? Did they admit to anything?

@kerbero5

Never trust Skoda UK Customer Services on what they call a 'Recall or Recall Action' if it is a Service Campaign.

Get them to put in writing a 'Recall' does not apply to your vehicle.

or

Get confirmed in writing that what shows as outstanding has been done.

At least the words in print can be used against them in a court of law, what leaves their lips can be any old rubbish

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

?

Is the 1.5TSI engine issues a Recall on the DVSA site?

If the DVSA show a Safety Critical Recall or anyone else that can get ignored by a Skoda UK Call handler.

4 Karoq recalls showing, seats, head restraints, then there are others.

Parking Brake recall for some , A Pillar Recall.     Skoda Dealerships and Customer Services need to get a grip / training / half a brain.

https://www.car-recalls.eu/make/skoda

http://skoda-auto.com/services/recall-actions

Edited by Roottootemoot

Skoda customer services chat confirmed to me that my MY19 1.5tsi DSG  Karoq has an oustanding 24EU service campaign it to update it's ECU. Are there any owners of MY19 DSG models out there who have received this update and if so how did it affect the driving experience of their vehicles. My car tends to be slightly jerky whilst the engine is cold but works fine after that. I suspect the DSG masks the kangooring which I have experienced myself when I test drove a manual 1.5 last year.

2 minutes ago, Jon48 said:

Skoda customer services chat confirmed to me that my MY19 1.5tsi DSG  Karoq has an oustanding 24EU service campaign it to update it's ECU. Are there any owners of MY19 DSG models out there who have received this update and if so how did it affect the driving experience of their vehicles. My car tends to be slightly jerky whilst the engine is cold but works fine after that. I suspect the DSG masks the kangooring which I have experienced myself when I test drove a manual 1.5 last year.

I have the same experience with my 18 plate i.e. a bit jerky at start and then settles down.

I will watch with interest and hope the DSG fix works.

Mine was built early 2018 delivered August last year, so not sure if there is a fix for mine... I need to get my head around all the charts previously posted...

On 25/09/2019 at 22:06, JakeB1941 said:

Had the update today so far so good but early days and not a cold engine so we shall have to see.

Screenshot_20190925-203944_Photos.jpg

Hi JakeB1941, 

Any news after your update?

34 minutes ago, JakeB1941 said:

Sorry folks thought all might be aware of the update progress post where most of us have outlined various results......

Thanks for that JakeB1941

Still unable to check recalls on Skoda.co.uk. Confirmed by live chat again my karoq sel 1.5 has 24EV 2019-09-05 A-Engine control unit recall for the ECU software update. Outstanding recall is also on gov.uk.