Octavia 245 Owners Club

Hi  everyone, I'm New so please be gentle, I have had my 245 DSG for a month now and done just shy of 2k, however after 12 miles I hit a pot hole (couldn't avoid it unless I fancied a head on collision instead) about 25mph and it blew the side wall of the Pirelli tyre, at the time and I needed a car I had a part worn put on until the Pirelli tyre was available so I could drive (I work away) 1 week later the day before I have my new Pirelli, another pot hole and a buldge in the sidewall of the other front Pirelli, so I thought I'm not paying £175 per tyre for this to happen every other week and I had another part worn put on to get me by... I'm now at the decision point, do I buy two new Pirelli's and put it down to bad luck, or do I look for another manufacturer, the part worn's need to come off as the road noise is unbearable but they got me out of trouble and I will keep as spare.

Many Thanks 

Edited by chris245vRS
punctuation

Probably going to go ContiSportContact 5 myself.

I'm not too keen on the Pirellis. Quite roary, wear quickly, lousy in the wet and offer no rim protection. They're alright under ideal conditions though, tbf

Should also say - as soon as I can/need to get rid of the Pirellis, I will!

Edited by mumphie
  • Thanks 1

hi yes it is, the only stipulation is that the tyres must be of equal parameters on each axle, size and rating, but does not mention the manufacturer, the only other thing I have to be careful is if they say it must fall in to a certain category of noise rating, 

its leased through leaseshop 

thanks 

On 20/04/2018 at 08:16, shyVRS245 said:

Don't understand this but VRS230 is in group 30 and VRS245 in group 29, scratches bald head!:angry:

i asked Direct line this when i renewed my insurance, the answer was that if there has been more claims/thefts of the standard vRS than the 245 in comparrison to the amount of cars produced for each model this would mean the model/trim with less claims agaist it would become the cheaper option to insure, but then i dont understand the group ratings as these will never change for the life of the vehicle 

2 hours ago, chris245vRS said:

i asked Direct line this when i renewed my insurance, the answer was that if there has been more claims/thefts of the standard vRS than the 245 in comparrison to the amount of cars produced for each model this would mean the model/trim with less claims agaist it would become the cheaper option to insure, but then i dont understand the group ratings as these will never change for the life of the vehicle 

I guess it’s just where the dart hit the board on the day they were deciding the grouping. 

• Thanks 1

On 01/06/2018 at 15:54, Mada said:

Is the car leased? If so there are certain requirements for handing the car back which you might want to take in to consideration.

Just before my old lease went back I had the cheapest possible tyres fitted and Lex Autolease did not question them. If they're the correct size / rating etc then usually it's not a problem. 

Edited by Swirly182
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Swirly182 said:

Just before my old lease went back I had the cheapest possible tyres fitted and Lex Autolease did not question them. If they're the correct size / rating etc then usually it's not a problem. 

Not if it's VWFS. They have a list of premium manufacturers and if you return the car with tyres not on the list you will be charged. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, advice please! I've had my first lack of concentration with my car :( 

I didn't see a curb in the car park as it was only on the passenger side and I managed to drive over it with my passenger wheel and put a hole in the plastic cover under the car. Any idea if it's something that needs sorting? 

On 03/06/2018 at 13:52, chris245vRS said:

I reckon the lower group is more likely due to the standard parking sensors on the 245. The Direct Line explanation sounds like nonsense as the group was set before any claims were made on a 245.

Edited by juan27

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/04/2018 at 16:28, pkoconnor said:

Works really well on the Octavia.  This is my second set now and had the Eibachs on my previous 220.  It doesn't take any of the ride comfort away but feels better at speed and around corners. 

Plus I still like to load the boot up with camping gear so didn't want it to low. 

How have you got around the warranty with adding the springs etc?

Good question, I don't know either. It's not in the assists menu where the option would be to disable it. Also I have got reasonably to close to turning cars and nothing happens  (when my previous Qashqai would alarm then apply the brakes). 

Strange if it doesn't have it when it has lane assist... 

7 hours ago, Janno1 said:

How have you got around the warranty with adding the springs etc?

Accepted that if I have a suspension issue I will have to find the cost myself.   Fortunately I have been lucky in that my dealer has not questioned any upgrades or modifications and completed my warranty repairs no problem.

Plus you not sure if if suspension falls into the wear and tear 6 month category. So might have to pay for the repair anyway. 

This is is my third Skoda which I have modified and had no issues with warranty.

The only areas I would not consider in warranty are engine and gearbox.  

46 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

If you think I drive slow already hit 91 and 98 mph since refuelling.

On an autobahn in Germany of course B)

Ordered a black 2019 245 DSG wagon a couple of weeks ago, and the dealer estimated delivery to Norway by the end of September. After reading through this forum, I have my doubts. Anyone with insight to this?

I was making the order just as the 2019 was available so there was some confusion regarding what was standard and extras. I had to pay extra for the 19" extremes (standard was gemini 18"), lane assist and camera (which seems to be standard on all of yours(?)). Canton and blind spot warning was standard.

Does it vary from district to district or should it be the same?

Anyone got some 18" for winter to recommend? Chasing a clean look.

Although I am not 100% sure what comes with it, I am so excited! This is my first RS.

Edited by fezzer2k

2 hours ago, fezzer2k said:

Ordered a black 2019 245 DSG wagon a couple of weeks ago, and the dealer estimated delivery to Norway by the end of September. After reading through this forum, I have my doubts. Anyone with insight to this?

I was making the order just as the 2019 was available so there was some confusion regarding what was standard and extras.

Different countries have different standard specifications so, sorry I can't help you. Try to find out what you've got as standard at least 2 weeks before it gets built, within 2 weeks of build nothing can be added to the order but, before the build week locked (2 weeks before build week) you can can add anything & everything you wish

1 hour ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Different countries have different standard specifications so, sorry I can't help you. Try to find out what you've got as standard at least 2 weeks before it gets built, within 2 weeks of build nothing can be added to the order but, before the build week locked (2 weeks before build week) you can can add anything & everything you wish

Thank you, will do!

2 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

You can alter the spec when the car is at  " Status 10 " = No build week. Once the car has got a confirmed build week the car goes to " Status 20. " At this point nothing can be altered. 

Status 20 can be anything up to 6 to 8  weeks before the build.  My 230 went to Status 20, 7 weeks before the build

Edited by Auric Goldfinger