What have you done to your Superb III today?

4 hours ago, Bap33 said:

@ZacDaMan72 GoodYear seem good too, but I don’t want to talk about things I just don’t know. ;) 
Anyway, GoodYear, Michelin, Continental or Vredestein are good.

But Pirelli P7s are one step behind.

The Pirelli's are more than good enough for me https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/product-group-tests/91856/tyre-reviews-best-car-tyres-buy-now-2023/pirelli-cinturato-p7#:~:text=There's a pretty balanced approach,best for handling and cornering.

16 hours ago, cnc said:

This is the new "C2" version that are getting good reviews. Most of the P7s on sale are still the old version.

On 09/09/2023 at 15:45, Bap33 said:

64000 km sounds a bit early for bearings. 🤔

Unless roads are in poor conditions in the neighborhood ?… 

64k under my control, the car is just shy of 180000km. And you can really hear the hum at 100km/h... 

I also drive some gravel, not that much. The roads are generally bumpy, not potholed. But winter does take its toll and snow can be super uncomfortable at times... I'm okay with the timing of this. The "fix", to move the one tyre to the rear, has helped things a lot. Winter tyres will be on anyway in a few weeks.

Edited by brettikivi
  • Like 1

On 12/09/2023 at 13:34, Colin170CR said:

I may have a problem.

My kit arrived today & the tailgate camera / latch assy is the one with the 2 screw threads coming out the back which are not the same as the one I have installed which has plastic latches.

Which version of this kit did you order / use for your Superb? A,B,C,D,E or F?

I have  MQB-Cam A 

3 minutes ago, 35North said:

I have  MQB-Cam A 

OK. Looks like I have C so not for a Superb. I'll re-order & put mine up for free sale + cost of postage. That'll teach me to read in more detail before I click the order button!!

1 hour ago, Colin170CR said:

OK. Looks like I have C so not for a Superb. I'll re-order & put mine up for free sale + cost of postage. That'll teach me to read in more detail before I click the order button!!

Yea I had to reread before ordering, To many opinions to pick also I went through the reviews with pics to see what they ordered to see what infotainment they had 

Only went and scratched my wheel to pieces on a silly width restriction! Won’t be repairable to a good enough standard for me.

instead I’ve ordered a new wheel and tyre, will polish this damaged one up by hand and it can be the new spare wheel.

54DBC419-249F-4599-A06B-727D313AF207.jpeg

• Sad 8
  • Groan 1

7 hours ago, ApertureS said:

Only went and scratched my wheel to pieces on a silly width restriction! Won’t be repairable to a good enough standard for me.

instead I’ve ordered a new wheel and tyre, will polish this damaged one up by hand and it can be the new spare wheel.

54DBC419-249F-4599-A06B-727D313AF207.jpeg

I've had worse than that repaired before & looking like new. That said it's one way of getting a full size spare!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bap33 said:

Won't it lift a bit your boot floor?

Yeah, but im also looking at retrofitting the variable boot floor so will hide it!

Current list of parts and jobs on order for retrofitting in the near future:

• Heated washer jets
  • Heated steering wheel
  • TV Tuner
  • DCC
  • Variable boot floor
  • Webasto parking heater
  • Ventilated/cooled sportline seats
  • Wireless charger/booster
  • Electronic rear child locks

Should be a decent enough list to keep me going for a while.... 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ApertureS said:

Yeah, but im also looking at retrofitting the variable boot floor so will hide it!

Current list of parts and jobs on order for retrofitting in the near future:

• Heated washer jets
  • Heated steering wheel
  • TV Tuner
  • DCC
  • Variable boot floor
  • Webasto parking heater
  • Ventilated/cooled sportline seats
  • Wireless charger/booster
  • Electronic rear child locks

Should be a decent enough list to keep me going for a while.... 

That's quite a list.

1 hour ago, Bap33 said:

I didn’t even know they exist 🤔. Or… Do you intend to make the first prototype? ;) 

They exist now 🙂

They were introduced with the facelift Superb.

Prior to that, ventilation was only available on the leather seats.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JR RS said:

They exist now 🙂

not for Latvia(EU), that were one of reason to order L&K and add SportLine Exterior later

Edited by MartiniB

8 hours ago, JR RS said:

They exist now 🙂

This is news to me, I never knew it was an option on the sportline seats, even new ones!

even so, it’s a very rare option in the U.K.!

and a fun fact - the seats don’t blow air out of the seat, they actually suction air through the pin holes in the front of the seat

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ApertureS said:

This is news to me, I never knew it was an option on the sportline seats, even new ones!

even so, it’s a very rare option in the U.K.!

and a fun fact - the seats don’t blow air out of the seat, they actually suction air through the pin holes in the front of the seat

I had cooled front seats on my 2013 L&K, and they blew air out of the pinholes in the squab and back rest.

I failed to update my satnav.  The previous owner had never done it. I tried to use a non Skoda card to get the whole +16gb Europe map so it failed (whats the difference?).

Yesterday I got it back from the garage with new rear disks and pads since the old ones got contaminated.  The bleed nipple had been left open. That's a first in 40 years of driving.

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, sirdoh said:

I failed to update my satnav.  The previous owner had never done it. I tried to use a non Skoda card to get the whole +16gb Europe map so it failed (whats the difference?).

Yesterday I got it back from the garage with new rear disks and pads since the old ones got contaminated.  The bleed nipple had been left open. That's a first in 40 years of driving.

What? I'm surprised that you had any brakes at all with the nipple not being nipped up tight.

2 hours ago, Graham Butcher said:

What? I'm surprised that you had any brakes at all with the nipple not being nipped up tight.

I had to push quite hard on the pedal, but when Ii did it dripped out.  I don't use the brakes much TBH even though Its a diesel with limited engine braking.  What scares me is that its first big run out was to the far side of Germany and back.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JR RS said:

They exist now 🙂

I have a MY21 facelift with Sportline seats - ie with the integrated headrest - and no cooling, only heating. I’m not aware that they come with cooling on those particular seats?

• Like 1

On 14/09/2023 at 06:13, ApertureS said:

Won’t be repairable to a good enough standard for me.

Believe me when I say AS, I’ve done all four of mine - two more than once - and you cannot see the repairs, except if you’re 6” away from the damage and even then it’s still not easy. As with most things, it’s down to the skill of the repairer. 

• Like 1