No internet connection.

• 2 weeks later...

so my internet is still down since my last post...i didnt bother taking out the fuses, wanted to wait and see it resolve itself...probably i would get old doing so :D 

I will take my fuses out today, but what i am noticing (haven't came across this issue yet) is that while internet is down my internet radio is not working too. Since for internet radio to work it needs to connect to mobile data (via mobile hotspot), but apparently it also needs cars internet connection as well...

will report once i do the fuses thing :)

ok, so internet is back online. Took out fuse no. 19 and it works. Travel info got eresed though. I really don't know what triggers it to go offline and stays like that? 

Also now the internet radio works again. So as i tought, it needs car's internet connection and local hotspot with mobile data from my cell phone. 

So just to clarify if you do take fuses out, does it reset all settings? Do you have to setup everything from scratch again? I tried to run Internet radio but it never worked for me. How do you know if your car is online or not?

No, it does not reset any settings at all. Only trip data was reset. 

On the infotainment sceeen there is a globe icon whic is either grey (offline) or white (online) colour. It could have been some better way to signalize weather you are on/offline as it is hard to tell is it white or grey since its a small icon.  

• Like 1

My car has lost its internet connection twice in a year. The last time I solved it through a complicated trial-and-error process of deleting and re-establishing my account and setup, off which I have deliberately suppressed any memory.
This time I decided to try the fuse removal trick. I took out number 19 only, left the car for five minutes, and then put the fuse back in. Internet connection was magically restored, and so was my apps ability to get in contact with my car. As others have reported, I lost my driving data for the last two weeks - you gain some and you lose some..... 
Now I'm just wondering: would there be a market for a third party ALT+CTRL+DEL button to be mounted somewhere on the dashboard? 😉

1 minute ago, LarsKC said:

Now I'm just wondering: would there be a market for a third party ALT+CTRL+DEL button to be mounted somewhere on the dashboard? 😉

I'm actually thinking about connecting an adapter with a switch that I can have in the glove box rather than behind it, it'll be much easier than having to remove the fuses then. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just for anybody else googeling and landing on this thread.
I can confirm this solution also works for Superb.

In my case an 2020 Superb Iv with columbus. 
Been offline for the last 5days. Went ahead and pulled the fuses for instrumentcluster and sos (Diffrent numbers on superb, if i remember it was fuse 12 and 17?) 
Wainted 30sec put them back in and bam! Online again and all inboard apps like weather, news etc working aswell as communication with the my skoda phone app. :) 

• 1 month later...

Mine was down again on monday, finally gave up and pulled the fuses yesterday morning to get the connection back. Had lots of loud popping sounds during the week while it wasn't working too! 

Decided to give her a clean after sorting thr connection out and found some "transmission oil sump install pins" wedged in the rubber seal (that I also had to re-attach) around that tray that catches the water from the windscreen(you can see the rust marks on the plastic) they must have been there since the car was built 😲

SmartSelect_20220313-083217_Chrome.jpg

20220313_083024.jpg

20220312_164448.jpg

Edited by beasty54

WTH is that??? That sounds crazy!!! I don't quite get it... Were those pins inserted through the empty-tubular part of the rubber seal?
Once you go in for periodical service, you should ask the guys if they've heard about some Audi missing their pins... 😀

That looks more like to me that some very serious remedial engine work was carried out post manufacture, have you owned the car from new?

The pins would have been used in the engine assembly plant & not have been anywhere near a part built shell with scuttle trim panels, seals etc.

But they would have been ordered as part of a kit of parts for a bottom end engine repair.

On 13/03/2022 at 17:31, J.R. said:

That looks more like to me that some very serious remedial engine work was carried out post manufacture, have you owned the car from new?

The pins would have been used in the engine assembly plant & not have been anywhere near a part built shell with scuttle trim panels, seals etc.

But they would have been ordered as part of a kit of parts for a bottom end engine repair.

It was an ex demo so it had about 1000 miles on it. To be honest, it's the worst experience I've ever had with a car. The software is shocking, skoda are useless and most of the staff at the dealership are about as useful as a waterproof t-bag! It should be gone in the next couple of months so I'm just ignoring any issues now, unless they're major of course. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello everyone, I recently found this topic about the connection.

For last 3 days my vehicle lost the connection (Grey global symbol). I called local dealer and they have no idea about the problem only solution they gave me is wait for few days. I wrote on Skoda support they have me some instructions how to make it "white" with privacy settings but doesn't work. I wrote them back, still waiting for next instructions. 

I can't reset vehicle on factory settings either can't login to my Skoda connect account. My vehicle basiclly dissapered from my account because I can't even see it on Skoda connect store.

I seen couple of you pull out fuses 19 & 30 and it becomes "white" again. Some of you reported you got airbag error.

Any latest news about this problem?

7 minutes ago, PrimozAmbrozic said:

Hello everyone, I recently found this topic about the connection.

For last 3 days my vehicle lost the connection (Grey global symbol). I called local dealer and they have no idea about the problem only solution they gave me is wait for few days. I wrote on Skoda support they have me some instructions how to make it "white" with privacy settings but doesn't work. I wrote them back, still waiting for next instructions. 

I can't reset vehicle on factory settings either can't login to my Skoda connect account. My vehicle basiclly dissapered from my account because I can't even see it on Skoda connect store.

I seen couple of you pull out fuses 19 & 30 and it becomes "white" again. Some of you reported you got airbag error.

Any latest news about this problem?

Luckily I got rid of my Octavia a year ago, worst car I've had, I can't believe this is still going on. 

I used to pull the fuses all the time, never had an airbag light, it wouldn't make sense for that to happen. Pulling the fuses was the only way to fix it when I had that issue, I left it a week once and it did nothing, as soon as I pulled the fuses, it worked. 

Sometimes I notice on Skoda app that car wasn't updated or the datas of trips were gone for few days but didn't even realise if symbol was grey/white. Usually I removed car from the garage and add it back but after a few days or a week. Probably I already had this problem and didn't even realise this is connection problem, I just thought there is problem with sync but makes sense now.

I try to pull out nr. 19. Now I have a bigger problem. Connection is still offline (grey) but now my I can't access privacy settings. If I open notifications and it says privacy mode is unknown and it's loading. 

Any ideas?

Good morning,

I try to take out fuse nr. 19 again and wait till SOS went offline (red). I put it back and on start it didn't change anything (garage) then I took a ride around the town and after 30-60 seconds everything is back online.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, therams said:

what does it mean when the globe symbol is red, should it be green or white when online 

White = online

Grey with red cross in the bottom corner = offline 

Edited by Jorgeminator