At long last... SW Version 1896

6 hours ago, matrix2020 said:

Mine arrive via onboard sim, I get a notification message, when I accept it it has to stop as I am usually about to drive and it wont update while driving, although one was a quick one that updated while i was at a traffic lights!! All done in the background, sadly there doesn't seem to be any list of them when they are done... 

You are talking about getting small bugfixes and not about FW from 1803 to 1896 I assume?

15 hours ago, sdolenec said:

You are talking about getting small bugfixes and not about FW from 1803 to 1896 I assume?

Yes, mine went in a month or so ago for the 1896 update. No idea what the 'Bugfixes' are but there seems to be loads!! Had another this morning.... Almost daily at the moment.

16 hours ago, Wonderloaf said:

It does update while driving, it just doesn't let you read the bug fix section when the vehicle is in motion.

OK, didn't know that, my dealer said it can't update the software while on the move as it would be a safety hazard if the update failed or caused an issue. My car says its not available when driving, then pops up as soon as its stationary and says updating... 

I got firmware updated to 1896 when dealer was doing the engine cover recall. Does seem a bit sharper and noticed the 'Service Campaigns' option. I can't recall seeing before on the main menu tiles as per attached pic

20220618_131305.jpg

Edited by parsey83

I got also Service recall button update on 1803 FW..

@TheUltraRunner I disabled eSIM data as I do not have active data subscription. At home car is connected to WiFi and on driving car is connected to phone hotspot which is automaticly enabled/disabled on my phone when it connect to cars bluetooth.. PS. My phone support bluetooth, wifi and hotspot at same time so that android auto works also via wifi with hotspot at the same time..

2 hours ago, sdolenec said:

I got also Service recall button update on 1803 FW..

@TheUltraRunner I disabled eSIM data as I do not have active data subscription. At home car is connected to WiFi and on driving car is connected to phone hotspot which is automaticly enabled/disabled on my phone when it connect to cars bluetooth.. PS. My phone support bluetooth, wifi and hotspot at same time so that android auto works also via wifi with hotspot at the same time..

Paid Data subscription is only usable for additional services like internet radio, etc. eCall and OTA updates don't require any additional data subscription and are working out of the box. But some requirements need to be met (additional data plan is not on the list) in order to get the updates:
image.png.ca97680abf3919aafe7a43cede808f0b.png

The main question is if car has no active data subscription if this mean no internet connection..? Or this mean that this function is disabled only for user to use and data is still available as for car..

Edited by sdolenec

31 minutes ago, sdolenec said:

The main question is if car has no active data subscription if this mean no internet connection..? Or this mean that this function is disabled only for user to use and data is still available as for car..

Without a separate data subscription, internet data is still available for "critical" functions such as SOS, OTA updates etc. If you are subscribed to the Connect services, you will also get regular navigation database updates.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jorgeminator said:

Without a separate data subscription, internet data is still available for "critical" functions such as SOS, OTA updates etc. If you are subscribed to the Connect services, you will also get regular navigation database updates.

This. ☝️

Except navigation database updates. For this you need Infotainment Online subscription.

image.thumb.png.5af77526b51eaad19aa4ac2c6c2ee46b.png

1 hour ago, Jorgeminator said:

Can you do navigation updates via a mobile phone hotspot rather than subscribe to them?

For me I have unlimited data connection with LTE and 5G connectivity, so why pay twice for something. If it can great, otherwise I won't be using the Sat Nav and I'll just be using Waze or Google Maps. 

On 15/06/2022 at 06:27, TheUltraRunner said:

With the latest OTA update I got a new option in the menu called "Service Campaigns". Could be Škoda is preparing to release also major updates over the air.

Yes. I've noticed this too. Unfortunately when I try to access it there's no information available and I'm still on version 1803

Edited by mitchec

10 minutes ago, mitchec said:

Yes. I've noticed this too. Unfortunately when I try to access it there's no information available and I'm still on version 1803

Same here. I think they are just preparing the basics before they will roll out major updates over the air.

On 17/06/2022 at 11:40, TheUltraRunner said:

I'm sure you have it. As far as I know every new car in EU has to have it since eCall is mandatory in EU for making emergency calls.

Shouldn't be on car's destined for the UK as it's not in the EU. 

2 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

Shouldn't be on car's destined for the UK as it's not in the EU. 

He is from EU. 😉 But as we know from all the issues with the SOS calls, looks like also UK cars have it. 😁

Hi all,

I got my car back today after it was updated by the garage from 1668 to 1896. There's a MASSIVE improvement in the software between these two versions including responsiveness of the UI, Android Auto directions show up in the virtual cockpit, larger font/buttons at the bottom of the screen and more.

The one remaining issue I have is that the satnav is stuck on KM and the speedo is stuck on MPH. Are other people able to switch their Units in the Menu->Settings->Units sub folder for "Distance" and "Speed"? Previously on version 1668 I was able to see distance and speed in the list of units, but changing them did nothing. Now on 1896 they have been removed entirely.

The garage has opened a case with Skoda UK as I want to make the satnav useful in the UK by switching distance to Miles and I need to switch to KMH when driving in Europe this summer.

Thanks,

Mark

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

• Like 1

Went to the dealership today regarding the software update earliest date they can do it is 8th August because of a backlog. My car is phoning sos at least 3 times a day!

• Groan 1

1 hour ago, JFJ said:

Went to the dealership today regarding the software update earliest date they can do it is 8th August because of a backlog. My car is phoning sos at least 3 times a day!

Is it scared of SWMBO driving on each occasion? 

Mine went into the dealers yesterday for a software update. All the usual bugs like SOS and no infotainment screen working. It was on 1804 and when i dropped the car off I asked for it to be updated to 1896. The response from them was that they can only update to what the computer allows from the info from Skoda.

I checked the software version when I got back home and it still says 1804. 

I'm puzzled now as to how some of you have managed to get 1896.

Just as an aside, the paperwork I received on collection says " Software Enhancement",  

1 hour ago, Ianrally said:

Mine went into the dealers yesterday for a software update. All the usual bugs like SOS and no infotainment screen working. It was on 1804 and when i dropped the car off I asked for it to be updated to 1896. The response from them was that they can only update to what the computer allows from the info from Skoda.

Just as an aside, the paperwork I received on collection says " Software Enhancement",  

Not sure if it helps, but, months ago I had my head unit changed by my dealer to fix the SOS and 'blank screen' issues which it did. They said at the time that would also allow my car to receive more updates as the older hardware would not be compatible with the later software. I think I went from an 'A' to a 'H' Device Part Number. 

6 hours ago, Ianrally said:

Try a different dealership.