At long last... SW Version 1896

4 minutes ago, varooom said:

You should try the reset process that I think someone replied to your locked thread.

If that doesn't work then assuming this was a factory fitted option selected when built, the dealers will need to fix.

I haven't had chance to look for the thread, but essentially they may have not done the process of contacting the servers to release the FEC/SWAP codes inside your radio.

Thanks for the info, apparently the info is posted in this thread and that’s why mines been locked but I’ve read through it a few times now and can’t find the info 🤷‍♂️

5 minutes ago, PITBULL4X4 said:

Thanks for the info, apparently the info is posted in this thread and that’s why mines been locked but I’ve read through it a few times now and can’t find the info 🤷‍♂️

It was locked really to keep all the information for SW1896 in single location mainly.

Also not sure the admins like duplicate posts as it can be confusing if they get answered in 2 locations.

I may have for the location wrong, the actual FEC/SWaP codes I was talking about was not posted in this thread, but there's a big chance the dealer may have missed actually doing the process correctly.

If you MMI had it working before it should now, it's down to the dealer to fix, but could be a while before you are able to get it booked in of course.

1 minute ago, varooom said:

It was locked really to keep all the information for SW1896 in single location mainly.

Also not sure the admins like duplicate posts as it can be confusing if they get answered in 2 locations.

I may have for the location wrong, the actual FEC/SWaP codes I was talking about was not posted in this thread, but there's a big chance the dealer may have missed actually doing the process correctly.

If you MMI had it working before it should now, it's down to the dealer to fix, but could be a while before you are able to get it booked in of course.

Yeah, that’s the issue. I use CarPlay everyday 🤦‍♂️ Thanks for your help. I’ve tried what was suggested in the other post including using a cable with no joy. 

7 minutes ago, PITBULL4X4 said:

Yeah, that’s the issue. I use CarPlay everyday 🤦‍♂️ Thanks for your help. I’ve tried what was suggested in the other post including using a cable with no joy. 

This is where I saw the message https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/503487-skoda-kodiaq-infotainment-not-working/?do=findComment&comment=5672891

Please note this is for a different radio, but the message/process should be what I was talking about.

So sadly you are at the mercy of the dealer and how full their book is (unless this bumps you up?)

Also you maybe able to enter some menu on yours to locate the same information to lookup your activated licence(s)

1 minute ago, varooom said:

This is where I saw the message https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/503487-skoda-kodiaq-infotainment-not-working/?do=findComment&comment=5672891

Please note this is for a different radio, but the message/process should be what I was talking about.

So sadly you are at the mercy of the dealer and how full their book is (unless this bumps you up?)

Also you maybe able to enter some menu on yours to locate the same information to lookup your activated licence(s)

Thanks for looking that up for me. It seems a different issue as android auto works fine and Bluetooth just not CarPlay. Looks like I’m going to have to phone them tomorrow and see what they say 

Just now, sneal said:

Just a thought, did it coincide with the latest IOS update? Could some minor incompatibility crept in (but I guess that would impact more than just you).

Updated my phone the other day and was working this morning on the drive in this morning. 

To add to this it also looks like my Wi-Fi potential isn’t working in the car (could be why CarPlay won’t work, but would it stop it working with a cable?). Can’t find the car as a hotspot and when I try quick connection it says “Sorry, unable to connect via WPS.” Also can’t find my phone’s hotspot on the car and can’t make myself the primary user as it just keeps saying please wait. 🤦‍♂️

39B26256-8CB0-4DF6-96F7-AFC0D09BBE18.jpeg

1 hour ago, PITBULL4X4 said:

Thanks for looking that up for me. It seems a different issue as android auto works fine and Bluetooth just not CarPlay. Looks like I’m going to have to phone them tomorrow and see what they say 

My point to explain was that during the SW update I do believe it gets reset and maybe needs to have features switched on by factory.

The software is capable of everything, and depending on what features you should have, the factory has to send codes into the radio.

Anyhow best of luck with tomorrow's phone call.

• Like 1

My car was recently upgraded from 1803 to 1896.

I just noticed that I can no longer control the aircon.

It used to be able to accept commands like "make me warmer" or "I feel cold" or "set temperature to 22 degrees".

Now it just says "My developers have not programmed that feature" or something like that.

I looked at the built-in manual and now it just says that the aircon cannot be controlled "in this language".

My language, of course, is English and it accepts all of the other English commands, such as "Missed calls".

Has anyone else noticed this?

PXL_20220804_013118886.jpg

15 hours ago, varooom said:

My point to explain was that during the SW update I do believe it gets reset and maybe needs to have features switched on by factory.

The software is capable of everything, and depending on what features you should have, the factory has to send codes into the radio.

Anyhow best of luck with tomorrow's phone call.

Taking it in on the weekend and leaving it with them as I’m away for a few days. Playing around with it and I’ve noticed Laura no longer speaks to me 🤷‍♂️ I give instruction and it either dose it or not. No sound at all other then turning the radio down. 🤦‍♂️

5 minutes ago, PITBULL4X4 said:

Taking it in on the weekend and leaving it with them as I’m away for a few days. Playing around with it and I’ve noticed Laura no longer speaks to me 🤷‍♂️ I give instruction and it either dose it or not. No sound at all other then turning the radio down. 🤦‍♂️

Hopefully they can get some life out of it.

SW1898 & SW1890 is out for VW/Seat... But as usual Skoda is behind.  Hopefully they release this OTA at some point, but don't hold your breath.

The post above @DaveFromSydney is having issues with voice commands, certainly plenty of bugs going round.

Best of luck they get your iPhone talking to car once more.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PITBULL4X4 said:

Consider it a wonderful thing, no one wittering at you. I tried numerous times to get the VR system on my current car to accept voice communication and it never has done so, so don't bother with it. It's more of a hinderence than a help. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

Consider it a wonderful thing, no one wittering at you. I tried numerous times to get the VR system on my current car to accept voice communication and it never has done so, so don't bother with it. It's more of a hinderence than a help. 

I never use it so not overly bothered about that but it just adds to the things that’s wrong with it. Wish I never got it updated, could have lived with the issues I was having before 😂

Yesterday I leave car for Infortainment update and for update some HW FW as because there was / for many probably still is bug that in some circumstances car can empty accu. battery so that car do not react anymore (complete empty accu. battery - happened to me in Croatia in the middle of sea vacation!!!).. nevermind.. did buy new accu. just that I could come home.. Old accu. is OK, it was just drained (emptied) totaly.. Ignition by other car with cables did not help...

Regarding 1896.. much faster, better translations (Slovenian users), no more laggy touch response.. also back camera opened almost instant.. many impovements..

Before had 1803..

PS. After first car ignition (on 1896) there was also another software updates and installed successfully..

20220803_074148.jpg

20220804_151118.jpg

20220804_151051.jpg

Edited by sdolenec

I also noticed, that Laura has suffer some brain damage after last update :). She is absolutely not able to follow my commands,, which was ok preupdate... :D But the pros are higly over the cons with this update so I am happy :) 

After 1896 there is black space not only for Apple but also for Android GUI..

The reason is new GUI behaive, which is now much faster (no more window/app switching as Android Auto is not top-most anymore - infortaiment is allways top-most)..

Screenshot_20220805-083427_Gallery.jpg

Edited by sdolenec

Things just get worse. I have had the upgrade to 1896 and all was well for a couple of weeks until I once again got the double pop from the speakers on three or four occasions in one day and then the dreaded SOS error notification "Return to Workshop". After that all infotainment screen functions stopped working with only "Loading Settings" displayed. No radio, phone or navigation working. Next day all was working again on start up but although Navigation was working there was no audible direction notifications.

Next day SOS warning again and once again no radio, phone or navigation.

In frustration I pressed the SOS button for 10 seconds and everything has since worked, except that there is still no audible direction notifications on Navigation, but its ok when using Google maps or Waze via Apple Car Play

I am getting pretty fed up with this car now, five months old and has been back to the dealers four times for this problem.

1 hour ago, Ianrally said:

Things just get worse. I have had the upgrade to 1896 and all was well for a couple of weeks until I once again got the double pop from the speakers on three or four occasions in one day and then the dreaded SOS error notification "Return to Workshop". After that all infotainment screen functions stopped working with only "Loading Settings" displayed. No radio, phone or navigation working. Next day all was working again on start up but although Navigation was working there was no audible direction notifications.

Next day SOS warning again and once again no radio, phone or navigation.

In frustration I pressed the SOS button for 10 seconds and everything has since worked, except that there is still no audible direction notifications on Navigation, but its ok when using Google maps or Waze via Apple Car Play

I am getting pretty fed up with this car now, five months old and has been back to the dealers four times for this problem.

I have something similar. Took it in for an upgrade from 1803 to1896 to fix many Infotainment system issues, but some of which related to disappearance of sound. All were usually rectified on next start.

After 1896 a few weeks ago I have not driven a lot yet, and no longer trips, but I have had at least one occurrence of the loss of sound issue.

So I wonder if 1896 really did fix anything.

And in one way it has gone backwards since now voice control of the aircon has actually been removed.

On 05/08/2022 at 05:47, JirikH said:

I also noticed, that Laura has suffer some brain damage after last update :). She is absolutely not able to follow my commands,, which was ok preupdate... :D But the pros are higly over the cons with this update so I am happy :) 

Does any female follow ever your commands lol 😂

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Ozzy25 said:

I’ve only just notice since my software update that Laura got the sack. I now have Larry. 

You can change it back to Laura in language settings. Scroll to the very bottom.

Edited by Jorgeminator

15 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

I thought you would be happy as Larry the voice not being Laura or Sonia. 

Oh, sorry if I came out wrong. I do use "Larry" myself, didn't like the female voice at all 😂 I was just giving advice.