Infotainment System Restarting endlessly

Further to my last post, my local dealer updated my SW to 1941 this morning and I will now test. I waited while it was done, it took about 45mins from walking in to walking out. Hoping this is the end of this... 🙂

Edited by MadPete
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

Mine threw up a new fault today:

Hill Start: Error 

Manoeuvre Braking unavailable (or whatever it is)

Load the new 1941, and pull the suprised Pikachu face when they query where it came from.

"Must have loaded from OTA..."

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, varooom said:

I bet they (VAG, not dealership) can check logs on the OTA server to know, if it really came automatically.

And believe me, they can get very creative if they want to void your warranty, to stop paying for repairs 😞

4 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

Mine threw up a new fault today:

Hill Start: Error 

Manoeuvre Braking unavailable (or whatever it is)

No ****?!!? Got same today too. Thats really strange. 

3 minutes ago, varooom said:

Well we have the 1941 update we can send you along if you get no luck with the dealers, or don't wish to wait

Yeah i would like to do it myself. Cheers!

Well  My POP POP sound came back this week but with a parking error this time. 3 reboots in one short drive and a brand new issue. Reversed the car and the sensors produce the proximity beeps. However, they didn't stop, even after driving off. Turned engine off and back on - still beeping away as if I was about to collide with something. Could stop the beeping by turning the infotainment off. Turn it back on and beeping resumes.

Also had car go into Limp Mode.

Fixed itself when started the car the next day.

Are we sure these cars aren't running on Windows ME?

Car booked in for 3rd July. Driving through France on the 12th. God help me.

• Groan 1

Hello all 🙂  I'm new to this forum, only have been leeching thus far but the time has come to participate, I was thinking that I would get OTA updates and my issues will resolve automatically but now half a year with these issues.
I am having the same exact issues with a First Edition since latest OTA small updates and together with the hot weather (it seems) continues reboots while driving, starting from 2 minutes from cold start. It is driving me crazy. My car is already out of warranty. I would like to give 1941 a try on this Skoda. @varooomwould you be so kind to send me the details? I'll report back if my issues are resolved.

I don't understand why Skoda (or VW) keeps these issues lingering for so long, many peeps now saying they will never buy a VAG machine because of these software issues, that's a shame..

Wow you are fast with your reply 🙂 thanks. I currently have 1896 installed at the dealer in january this year. The exact details including HW versions i'll share later (currently don't have the car). Since it's a First Edition hardware numbers might be lower ;0)

1 minute ago, Bloembol said:

Wow you are fast with your reply 🙂 thanks. I currently have 1896 installed at the dealer in january this year. The exact details including HW versions i'll share later (currently don't have the car). Since it's a First Edition hardware numbers might be lower ;0)

It was more about the SW base level really.

Seems you are going to be ok to load this, so good luck.

I just did the update to 1941 from 1896 hopeful to fix the random reboots that somehow came back. The process from start to finish took 15min.

I did notice that i was able to install an update which didn't install because backend services were not started, also the shop seems to have lost it's purpose because of that. Stuff I didn't care about. I bought all packages starting this year but didn't do anything with them, I was somehow hopeful that it would fix all the issues I had earlier. (update services OTA but 1896 is pretty old i think).

I'll report back with the result about the restarts, I really hope and believe at least they are gone, *fingers crossed*

a2.jpeg

b1.jpeg

b2.jpeg

a1.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love it! 1

On 23/06/2023 at 18:47, varooom said:

Load the new 1941, and pull the suprised Pikachu face when they query where it came from.

How do we get it apart from going to a dealer??

Ask varooom very nicely. 

But there's always the caveat that you do it at your own risk. If in the unlikely event it goes wrong then you could end up with a bricked system and large repair bill.

I can do it,  but my car is 4 months old and under warranty, so I'll get the dealer to do it FOC, If it goes wrong then they will have to replace it at their own cost. 

• Thanks 1

No issues yet besides the shop not working due to some service that's not started. I can live with that if the rest of the car functions normally.
I'll make screenshot/clip next time i'm in the car and get these messages for reference here in this thread.

I noticed tough that startup and menu operation is a bit quicker, more responsive. I'll be honest, this might just be a placebo if having something new and shiny 🙂
It's a bit too early to say that it is a 100% success but so far no Infotainment crash.

• Like 3