Infotainment System Restarting endlessly

I bought my Octavia SEL new in April this year and the infotainment system regularly used to turn itself off and on again when I started up, occasionally up to three or four times. I was ready to book it into the dealers but the fault has now ceased and I notice that it has downloaded update 1941. There being no other issues with the car I have to say I am happy with the mk 4 although it does not have some of the features that were standard on my 17 plate mk 3 SEL.

2 hours ago, NGD said:

I bought my Octavia SEL new in April this year and the infotainment system regularly used to turn itself off and on again when I started up, occasionally up to three or four times. I was ready to book it into the dealers but the fault has now ceased and I notice that it has downloaded update 1941. There being no other issues with the car I have to say I am happy with the mk 4 although it does not have some of the features that were standard on my 17 plate mk 3 SEL.

That's encouraging.  My SEL First Edition is in the workshop today to get the 1941 update (was unable to get OTA as one of the issues was not being able to become a Primary User).  Long list of issues with the Infotainment system but really hope this sorts it out.

Im picking up a new car in January- it is likely I will experience infotainment issues or will the new cars all have the updates needed?

16 minutes ago, casati said:

Im picking up a new car in January- it is likely I will experience infotainment issues or will the new cars all have the updates needed?

It should have the latest updates applied - but prior to collecting it you could ask the dealer to ensure it is fully updated.

• Like 1

On 15/11/2023 at 14:38, rnawy said:

Anyone on the forum still experiences restart loops on 1941?…

I had on-off loops and restarts for 2 days in a row in October. Appeared for no reason, resolved by itself - very typical for this car.

Yes, I had a series of updates recently. I was always driving at the time so the update couldn’t begin. Think the communication unit (eSiIM) has to negotiate with the Skoda/VAG servers and that takes a few minutes of driving or leaving ignition on. On my next few  journeys the same, an update and number next to ‘info’ appeared. Eventually the numbers stopped appearing/ reappearing and I”ve had nothing further. A notification to indicate that all updates were now installed would be helpful but that doesn’t happen. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

Had an "attempted" update today, it failed.

I didn't notice what it was attempting to update, but it said something about the Home screen, before I dismissed it.

System seems to be working fine for now.

I really hate how the update always appears when I'm driving. Why can't a message be sent to the Connect app so that when you stop you can tell it to update?

I got the message again today about the infotainment update. While I was driving in a poor signal strength area of the Scottish borders. Needless to say it disappeared without a trace when I parked up for a few minutes at a job...

• Like 1

Yes, no problem to upgrade from 1889 to 1941, you should be good to go. Just follow the steps indicated on this topic and it should be ok.
You can also update the Navigation database, I see that your maps are since February.2021
Use the Skoda Update portal below, enter your VIN, download the Maps and follow the instructions on that web-page:

https://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/en-US/Updates/

• Love it! 1

Thanks, appreciate your quick response 🙏. Will be back with a result and see what's change afterwards as I also have continuous reboots that keeps annoying and local dealers apparently useless telling they have no solution for this.

Most of those who experienced random reboots before SW v.1941, had no more such problems after the update. So your infotainment should perform better afterwards.
Too bad your dealership is not helpful; I had my MiB updated by local dealer, but if they wouldn't have done the update, I would have done it myself with the instructions found here.

If you really want to convince them it's a well-known problem, just show them the TPI for this specific problem - you can find it here several pages back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkOmk4 said:

Yes, no problem to upgrade from 1889 to 1941, you should be good to go. Just follow the steps indicated on this topic and it should be ok.
You can also update the Navigation database, I see that your maps are since February.2021
Use the Skoda Update portal below, enter your VIN, download the Maps and follow the instructions on that web-page:

https://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/en-US/Updates/

Among the array of functions that are suitable to be updated OTA (Over The Air) via the Comms Unit the map-updates would appear to be among the most suitable. The methodology for SD Card or USB(C) pen-drive updates seems simple enough. However after three years of tolerating a dysfunctional  Infotainment System, until stabilised recently by SW194,  I am loath to tinker myself. I believe Skoda Garages will update maps, at an additional charge, beyond the 3 year warranty. But in fact Apple Maps and particularly Google-Maps, available through connected phones, are far superior to Skoda Navigation. 

Totally agree with you! Not veen on cars that had their own navigation maps did I use the car navigation. I always preferred Waze/Maps via AA.
When I'm mentioning the Navigation Database update, it's not for the Navigation itself. On my Octavia I didn't have the Navigation, but I was still updating the Navi.Database. It's been mentioned around here, by users far wiser and more documented than me, that the car uses the maps in the background for decisions that are not always obvious for the driver. For instance deciding whether to coast or not when you lift your foot off the accelerator, depending on the road ahead - if it's a straight line in front, or if there's a roundabout coming.
On the Formentor I only have the basic 10" screen, not the optional 12", therefore there's no Navigation Database in the background - so nothing to update... 

On 08/12/2023 at 09:15, olehb said:

Hello fellows! 

Will I be abl to safely flash 1941 while I have currently 1889?

PXL_20230131_201154748~2.jpg

Small update on this, I really did an update of the infotainment the day I asked but decided to see how much better it is for some time. And I must admit it really worth to update to 1941! The overall response of touches is very fast and system loads much quicker than before. Also I didn't notice any reboot since the day I applied update. Thanks everyone on this forum for their input 🙌

• Like 3
  • Love it! 1