TMC traffic events no longer being received...firmware update required?

Just to say that I've checked and rechecked the TMC setting programmed into my vehicle and the same with the TMC Providers file and the TMC  Provider Sets file contained in my map cfg files and Trafficmaster was definitely the TMC provider for my TMC data in my MIB2 unit which is without online services. Although there is a Provider ID for INRIX available it has never been implemented on my unit. I have tried using the INRIX ID set by reprogramming my TMC setting on my unit but it still won't work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigade1 said:

Just to say that I've checked and rechecked the TMC setting programmed into my vehicle and the same with the TMC Providers file and the TMC  Provider Sets file contained in my map cfg files and Trafficmaster was definitely the TMC provider for my TMC data in my MIB2 unit which is without online services. Although there is a Provider ID for INRIX available it has never been implemented on my unit. I have tried using the INRIX ID set by reprogramming my TMC setting on my unit but it still won't work.

Nice work, annoying that did not plan out though. But hopefully it means the VW group could fix this with an update for our maps maybe?

1 hour ago, bigade1 said:

On my TMC less Audi there are no options to change provider but I have re checked all my settings and Emailed *****@*****.tld. I will post any reply I get from them.

40 minutes ago, John1701 said:

Nice work, annoying that did not plan out though. But hopefully it means the VW group could fix this with an update for our maps maybe?

Yes, hopefully so - as long as they pay for the service I think the capability is there.

10 minutes ago, Hillbilly23 said:

On my TMC less Audi there are no options to change provider

You have to use VCDS or OBD11 and change the setting  Fee Based Traffic Info (TMC) in Unit 5F.  All the various TMC provider lists and tables are displayed in your map files for referencing. They are in the following directory on my map but it depends on which map you are using:  DiscoverMedia2_EU-AS_1730_V14\maps\00\cfg\mapcfg\SKODA\traffic\tmc

I have now reached an impasse with Skoda. They're saying because my vehicle ownership details are not up to date, they cannot escalate the issue. They want me to go to a dealer with my V5C and two forms of photo ID. I've obviously explained this is completely irrelevant to the issue, particularly since the dealer themselves have said it's clearly not an issue specific to my car. Also, how are the vehicle ownership details not up to date when I bought the vehicle from Skoda?

Going to refer the issue to the press now, let's see if the prospect of some widespread publicity of the issue gets Skoda to sort themselves out. 

Saw another thread posted in this sub forum to say there are new maps available. Is it too optimistic of me to hope that this might resolve the issue if it's designed to be INRIX compatible rather than Trafficmaster? Or will any solution not be so simple and instead require a firmware update?

I already have been in contact with Autocar and they got back to me today, they have raised it with Skoda PR and have asked if Skoda Customer Services can  get in touch with me - no problem. I did explain it was far bigger than just a problem with my car. 

Edited by NigelR99
  • Like 3

From Audi. we will see what happens next.

Thank you for contacting Audi Digital Services.

We have received your inquiry and will be more than happy to assist you.

You are kindly requested to provide us the below information in order to be able to assist you further :

-Full name of the registered owner
-Email address of the myAudi Account
-VIN ( Vehicle Identification Number)
-Mobile phone number in case we need to contact you

We apologize for the inconvenience and kindly ask for your patience.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

We are available 24/7 and you can reach us either by calling the phone number 0800 279 2884 or by replying to this email.

We kindly ask that you indicate your case number 0001863487, for a quick follow up.

We wish you safe journeys in your Audi.

Should I have expected anything else😡 Having been directed to Digital Services I am now told to go to a main dealer and get charged for them not knowing the problem either!!

Dear Sir.

We hope this email finds you well.

With regards to your described issue, please be informed that Audi do not own the TMC system, and thus is outside of the scope of Audi Digital Services. For specifics on the TMC system, please ask your preferred Audi Service partner, as they would have a better idea regarding such an integrated system that has no connection to the Audi Connect software.

In order for your issue to be physically inspected, kindly provide us the following information so we can provide them to your preferred Audi Service Center so an appointment can be arranged:

1. The details of your preferred Audi Service Center (name, address and contact phone). You may find your preferred Audi Service partner here: https://www.audi.co.uk/uk/web/en/locate-a-centre.html
2. The registration number of your vehicle
3. Confirmation that we have your consent to handle you data to your preferred Audi Service Center.
4. A telephone number that you can be reached by your preferred Audi Service Center.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are available 24/7 and you can reach us either by calling the phone number 0800 323 4855, or by replying to this email.

We kindly ask that you indicate your case number. We kindly ask that you indicate your case number 0001863487, for a quick follow up.

We wish you safe journeys in your Audi A6.

Kind regards,

Panagiotis K.

Audi Digital Services Team
Phone  0800 279 2884
Email    *****@*****.tld

Slightly off topic but  this was the response I got re smartlink+ No longer working after an update on my car. 

On 23/04/2023 at 20:11, bigade1 said:

Same here - I'm also waiting for a reply. I can also confirm for clarification purposes, which I also posted in a different thread, after digging out my 15 yr old portable Tomtom and its optional plug in TMC antenna for testing purposes that the RDS-TMC service is still up and running and working perfectly albeit not for us VW Group users. I only hope that it's not a deliberate cancellation of the service by VW in favour of the new ( online ) Connected Services that are deployed in the newer model cars or possibly an individual cancellation of my TMC licence because my vehicle's media system has passed its 5 year support date.

447E083C-F6BE-4E66-A2FA-C49A4A6CC2DE.thumb.jpeg.92f10e79b527a7c04c968f657c5ea57b.jpeg

3 hours ago, David55 said:

Slightly off topic but  this was the response I got re smartlink+ No longer working after an update on my car. 

447E083C-F6BE-4E66-A2FA-C49A4A6CC2DE.thumb.jpeg.92f10e79b527a7c04c968f657c5ea57b.jpeg

Is this car play for my iPhone?? Or just android?

Smartlink (CAR PLAY) will still work but not the additional plus stuff , really just the Skoda app and some data displays . I was annoyed as it just stopped working when my app upgraded. I do have the connected services so no big deal in itself apart from don’t like services dropping off and having to use subscriptions. I  use an iPhone so cannot say for android.
Same has happened with media command you cannot download the app to make it work anymore on the Uk store 

Edited by David55
Mistake

Spoke to Lookers Skoda Stockport on Friday. They say they have been told it's "a global issue connected with data provided by satellite" and I need to contact Skoda support if I need more information.

Round & round we go in circles!

Has Russia turned off a satellite by any chance? 😉

Edited by speedsport
Typo

Just now, speedsport said:

Spoke to Lookers Skoda Stockport on Friday. They say they have been told it's "a global issue connected with data provided by satellite" and I need to contact Skoda support if I need more information.

Round & round we go in circles!

Has Russia turned off a satellite by any chance? 😉

A nonsense reply from the dealer tbh - the TMC system doesn't use satellites! 

• Like 3

Further update: I have contacted a well known car mag about the issue, would urge others to also reach out to press and/or social media to try to bring more publicity to this issue. It's the only way any of the vehicle manufacturers and/or Trafficmaster are going to feel motivated to do anything to resolve it. 

Had a reply today. They have expressed that I should contact the Digital Team using this email address  *****@*****.tld  or telephone 00800 80 247 247 for assistance as they look after the Skoda connect services..... Huh? Alternatively if all else fails please contact your local Skoda dealer for a swift resolution!

13 minutes ago, STV16L said:

Had a reply today. They have expressed that I should contact the Digital Team using this email address  *****@*****.tld  or telephone 00800 80 247 247 for assistance as they look after the Skoda connect services..... Huh? Alternatively if all else fails please contact your local Skoda dealer for a swift resolution!

Good luck, but all seems like going around in circles to be honest. Most of the people you come into contact with don't seem to have a clue how the TMC system works, nevermind how to fix it! The longer this drags on the less likely I would ever buy from Skoda/VW group again! Absolutely shocking customer service.

I have already contacted the Skoda Digital team, sent them details like the Vin and photos of the TMC screen and am waiting for a reply. 

I guess the more that complain the better.   

• Like 1

I contacted the Audi digital team and was told they only do the Audi Connect and not the radio based TMC. Advised me to go to my main dealer who of course will be clueless but will want paying for telling me they don't know how to fix it!!