What's your odometer at..?

Hi all, brand new to the forum and this is my first post...!

Just bought a MKIII superb combi, first reg May 2016. Gun metal grey, Ambition trim. Not mint but not far off. Drives like a new car but check out the mileage..!!

Can anyone beat 388,884km on a 16 plate Superb? 😁

16865002008975984144989458560610.jpg

173k km. Wondering whether to change it for a lower-mileage one with more toys for about the same payment or keep it... decisions, decisions...

My Kubota micro tractor has just clocked up 3500 hours since 1980.

• Haha 1

a real range here. and reassuring to see some high miles. around 80k for me on a 2016 280. 

bought at 2 yrs old with 40k, so I've reduced the yearly down to average ish.

I bought my Sportline in December 2016 with 1,700 dealer miles on it. I've done 23,400 since, averaging 36.4 mpg measured at the pump. Except for loose window trim, I've only ever spent money on annual services and a battery after 6 years. Best Most reliable car I've ever owned.

When they finally install electric charging points in my neighbourhood, someone is going to get a really nice petrol motor.

(Edit) Forgot a new set of Vredestein tyres I bought to replace the Pirelli's I never really liked.

Edited by freelunch
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/06/2023 at 02:17, SB23 said:

16865002008975984144989458560610.jpg

That centre cluster image of doors open looks like nothing I've seen in a mk3 Superb before!!

Edited by JR RS

5 hours ago, cnc said:

9 months old today and now 29K

I take it you drive for a job but 3k in a month is madness

Do you get in your car, drive loads to somewhere and spend 5 seconds at wherever you need to be then drive back home? 🤣

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/07/2023 at 02:19, Danoid said:

I take it you drive for a job but 3k in a month is madness

Do you get in your car, drive loads to somewhere and spend 5 seconds at wherever you need to be then drive back home? 🤣

I don't drive for a living but it is my work car. Think of me being a bit like a service engineer who gets sent to a different customer every day, with potentially a few hundred miles between each customer, so I might be in Cornwall one day, followed by Hampshire the next day, then Essex, up to Cambridgeshire, back to Wiltshire etc and you'll get the idea. Sometimes the customers can be quite close together but it varies wildly depending on customer requirements.

Usually I spend several hours on site with my driving being early morning and late afternoon to early evening. If I'm in the car at 6:00am you only have to average 40mph so by 9:00am you've done 120 miles, then back in the car by 3:00pm and drive for 3-4 hours at an average of 40mph and you've done another 120-160 miles. Do that for a week and you've got 1200+ miles, so over a month it quickly adds up.  

I think one month earlier this year I did 2500 miles, the following month 4800 miles, every month is different, and if I'm working abroad the car sits in an airport car park for a week or two.

The UK really isn't that big when you get used to driving around it on a regular basis, the key is to avoid the morning and afternoon rush hours, and at this time of year try to stay away from holiday hot spots such as the M5 south of Bristol.

• Like 2