Update to Version 1969

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, molesy94 said:

I called my service center and they want to book a diagnostic, and if they cant reproduce it they cant do any update as Skoda Australia will not pay for it.

Is the AuSkoda group the one on FB? 

I would suggest filming some examples of the behaviour and working out how to prompt it.

As an example, I knew that the easiest way to demonstrate the climate control issue was to go to the climate control menu, make sure sync was on then select a different fan speed, air flow direct, or turn on air care - any of those options would force the system out of sync.

I'd also try to meet with the tech or service manager to show them the problem in person and how to replicate the issue.

Unfortunately, the sound system issue is not as easy to replicate. I had that happen on my Kamiq which had the upgraded sound system. I have the Canton in my Octavia too, but I think it had been updated long ago. But'd suggest filming it and providing the footage.

If they're not willing to help then I'd suggest contacting another dealership. You could also vaguely threaten to leave a poor social media review and respond accordingly to the customer satisfaction survey they send out post-visit.

Last suggestion if all else fails, reach out via Skoda Australia's Facebook page. Often the social media managers at companies like these can make things happen that would otherwise get bogged down in bureaucracy.

Edited by aaaaplay

I’ve just updated from 1941 to 1961 on a first edition. Seemed to go through smoothly. As other users have said it skips a few bits the 1961 update.  But all seems fine.

First proper bug from 1969 today on my drive.

Mode button stopped working. On pressing it didn't do anything. Couldnt change to hybrid or change charge % from auto.

Even the red screen when pulling gear to sport stopped working.

But it fixed itself while I was getting a coffee from the garage

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
On 25/04/2024 at 20:23, Michelob said:

Hi All,

Found this topic as searching for how updates can be done.

From the look of my details, I presume I cannot attempt this at home ?

Device Part Number: 5E3035816F
Hardware: H56
Software 1804
Display unit / control panel hardware H47
Display unit / control panel software 2092
Navigation Database: 20.7
Media Codec: 3.1.4
Radio database 1.30.24

Skoda UK just said dealer says can be done OTA. ? Dealer near me are useless in any case 

Noted a lot of links, if anyone struggling to download, get it from this one.   

https://trafficsims.myftp.org/s/2AbTBw6fbsG642P

Use Password BriSkoda!

Hello Murdoch71,

You can try this download link instead, if you still have issues with the old one!

Good luck

Edited by djmartzian

COULD A MOD PLEASE PIN THIS..

Please read this very carefully. If you have LOW numbered firmware/software, then you MUST visit a dealer before you attempt to upgrade to 1941 or 1969.

image.thumb.webp.2b337ef45411b7c39900cc511a117f90.webp

If you attempt to do so then you may cause major damage & have to buy a new infotainment system which is hideously expensive. 

So please bear this in mind. 

• Like 2

• ColinD pinned this topic
13 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

COULD A MOD PLEASE PIN THIS..

Please read this very carefully. If you have LOW numbered firmware/software, then you MUST visit a dealer before you attempt to upgrade to 1941 or 1969.

image.thumb.webp.2b337ef45411b7c39900cc511a117f90.webp

If you attempt to do so then you may cause major damage & have to buy a new infotainment system which is hideously expensive. 

So please bear this in mind. 

"Before updating, make sure that the SW version of the MIB control unit address 5F corresponds to the affected SW versions SW1788/1803/1804/1806/1810/1889/1896/ 1898/ 1900, otherwise do not update, the MIB control unit
may be damaged."

@TheWanderer is this the section you're referring to?

I'm surprised that the update files don't have a version checker.

If you check out this thread from the Kamiq section the MOI3 Preh checks which version you're trying to install. If it is too new then you have to do some of the incremental updates in between.

I've experienced this first hand on my mother's Kamiq, it won't accept the update.

I'd be very surprised if the MOI3 LG used in our Octavia's wouldn't have a similar protection - but it's entirely possible. In saying that I haven't seen anyone with a version older than 1788?

Yes. So if you have one of those firmwares listed then visit the dealer, get them to do the checks and necessary upgrades and then they can do the upgrades afterwards or leave it up to you or the system to do it itself via the OTA system.

6 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

Yes. So if you have one of those firmwares listed then visit the dealer, get them to do the checks and necessary upgrades and then they can do the upgrades afterwards or leave it up to you or the system to do it itself via the OTA system.

Before updating, make sure that the SW version of the MIB control unit address 5F corresponds to the affected SW versions SW1788/1803/1804/1806/1810/1889/1896/ 1898/ 1900, otherwise do not update, the MIB control unit may be damaged."

The use of otherwise, suggests the exact opposite. As long as you have any of the software versions above, then proceed with the update to 1941.

• Like 3

Finally I uptaded the file from here:

https://trafficsims.myftp.org/s/2AbTBw6fbsG642P/authenticate/showShare

Password: BriSkoda!

I never had error unpaking end everything loooks like working good. 

We'll see in the next days what happen.

It look like a bit more reactive but I had to upgrade the map because I was back to an old version.

Everytihng was correctly syncronized.

Thanks for help

29 minutes ago, Murdoch71 said:

Finally I uptaded the file from here:

https://trafficsims.myftp.org/s/2AbTBw6fbsG642P/authenticate/showShare

Password: BriSkoda!

I never had error unpaking end everything loooks like working good. 

We'll see in the next days what happen.

It look like a bit more reactive but I had to upgrade the map because I was back to an old version.

Everytihng was correctly syncronized.

Thanks for help

It is imperative that you DO NOT attempt an upgrade from a low numbered SW revision otherwise you will almost certainly get a big bill for a replacement infotainment system. The forum or it's members are not responsible if you damage your cars infotainment system irreparably. 

Like any of us. YOU DO THE UPDATE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Everything we do ourselfs come at risk, nice that you found the TPI for the update @TheWanderer

My car is out of warranty i bought it 2 months ago 2020 1st edition with 1806 FW LG.

Updated the unit from 1806 to 1941 without issues, even helped one mate that bought octavia and he had 0 issues going from 1898.

Sometimes this week i will update to newest, just need the time to do it.

But there is still risk of bricking the unit so beware. Just wanted to share my experience.

After One week from updating to 1969 I can say it doesn't resolve the reboot infotainment issue, I'm still with it especially in hot days.

I'm going to book an appointment to the service.

I think the only way is to substitute something or upgrade some kind of firmware.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RadovanO said:

Everything we do ourselfs come at risk, nice that you found the TPI for the update @TheWanderer

My car is out of warranty i bought it 2 months ago 2020 1st edition with 1806 FW LG.

Updated the unit from 1806 to 1941 without issues, even helped one mate that bought octavia and he had 0 issues going from 1898.

But there is still risk of bricking the unit so beware. Just wanted to share my experience.

I would say that was lucky. Skoda technical don't issue those TPI instructions without good reason.

• Thanks 1

New to the forum, I get my first Octavia on 17th June (2021 vrs hybrid estate)..

..reading all the things that go wrong with this car I'm having 2nd thoughts (too late lol)! 🥴

Maybe should have stuck with my Golf GTD 2017 Estate!! 😬

6 minutes ago, RaysWheels said:

New to the forum, I get my first Octavia on 17th June (2021 vrs hybrid estate)..

..reading all the things that go wrong with this car I'm having 2nd thoughts (too late lol)! 🥴

I was worried too about my car and yet when it arrived it was perfect until it did an update to 1900, then it went into a random restarts. but when 1941 appeared on here I was desperate so did the update myself and all the problems ceased, your car will come with the latest hard & software revisions installed. So I wouldn't worry too much and if it did start giving you hell then you have consumer law on your side (look at Martin Lewis' website for details). So you could ultimately reject it, if things were that bad.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RaysWheels said:

If you are buying it as an approved Skoda used car make sure the dealer has upgraded the software.  Mine had not and queried the issue until I sent them a picture of the software status screen.  They then agreed to upgrade.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RadovanO said:

To be fair I actually paid for and then posted those screenshots of portions of the TPI.

Also based on the TPI Information you had a software version that was safe to update from anyway.

Is it me or does 1961 lag a lot more than 1941? On first edition 1941 was blazing fast.  It’s much laggier with 1961.

1 minute ago, walterwhite said:

Is it me or does 1961 lag a lot more than 1941? On first edition 1941 was blazing fast.  It’s much laggier with 1961.

I have a first edition and both versions and, I find they are as responsive as one another.  I always found 1941 fast and the same applies for 1969

Just now, spcdust said:

I have a first edition and both versions and, I find they are as responsive as one another.  I always found 1941 fast and the same applies for 1969

Yeah strange for me 1969 is much laggier and slower 

1 minute ago, walterwhite said:

Yeah strange for me 1969 is much laggier and slower 

Might be worth doing a factory reset in the settings?  It's simple enough, you will have to reconnect your car to the primary account using the two keys and then log back into any other user accounts but once that is done your user settings get downloaded so there are not too many things that then need resetting to how you like them.  After updating to 1969 the electric seat position, which was linked to the specific car keys and user accounts (1 set for my wife and the other for me) stopped working for me but factory reset sorted it.  

1 minute ago, spcdust said:

Might be worth doing a factory reset in the settings?  It's simple enough, you will have to reconnect your car to the primary account using the two keys and then log back into any other user accounts but once that is done your user settings get downloaded so there are not too many things that then need resetting to how you like them.  After updating to 1969 the electric seat position, which was linked to the specific car keys and user accounts (1 set for my wife and the other for me) stopped working for me but factory reset sorted it.  

I did a reset the following day but still super laggy

• Like 1

Just now, Novascape said:

I'm finding 1969 a bit slower than 1941 too. Takes its time too start up from initial start

When I get in the car and it says welcome I press on the button underneath and it doesn’t respond for a couple of seconds. None of this happened with 1941. Swiping screens is noticeably slower too. Maybe I’ll reset again for the second time!

• Like 1