Skip to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. Loon67 joined the community
  3. That's why I still use TomTom.....😄
  4. Nothing much to report by way of a fix. Skoda Connect, who claimed to have the magic fix have now stopped responding to me. I reported the fix had failed the day I received the vehicle back. That was three weeks ago & since then - nothing. Skoda UK have admitted to having no technical knowledge. But they now are very keen for me to book further diagnostics at my expense. They seem to be claiming that despite the fault & fix being diagnosed by Skoda Connect, I now have to pay the dealer for further diags. The matter is further clouded by receiving conflicting emails from four different individuals at Skoda UK, all claiming to be "managers". I get the impression they now want me to cover the cost of the failed fix! I've asked for the matter to be escalated, but it's all leaving a very sour taste. However this pans out, I won't be buying anything else from VAG.
  5. martinrago joined the community
  6. I can't remember how it appeared in Eco mode. I think it was an icon. But as others have said, it will appear if the centre section of the virtual cockpit is set to display fuel consumption. It literally says "2 cylinder mode" in text.
  7. As far as I am aware there's no change schedule for it, most people who have done work on one day it's actually a long life belt compared to Ford or PSA
  8. I do not know what software it is on, but thats the first thing i am checking. I've lurked around the forum and seen that it is possible to update it yourself, but i hope i wont have to, pretty scared of ruining something. My plans are soon after getting it, going to an authorized skoda service and doing a overall check. Really hope everything will be okay, since i absolutely love how the car looks.
  9. Welcome to the forum. What was the mileage when you bought the 22 Karoq ?
  10. Warrior193 started following Clutch Failure
  11. Hi, im in Lithuania, but the car is from Czechia. As far as i know it was a leased car for a bank as a company car. It has 80k km. Before buying it had DEKRA check, but no specific information regarding DSG or VAQ servicing. It does have a NHCAR sticker on the back and on the number plate frame and NHCAR as i've checked is an authorized skoda dealer and service provider in Prague so my hopes are that this car was serviced properly. Nothing more specific about servicing apart that it has electronic service history.
  12. Today
  13. Yes it's not low millage car. I am aware of that but then I bought it because of good service history. There are things that are not in e service book like original VW shocks that are replaced in 2023. Bdw I have managed to change ( by my self ) Front Air distribution flap servo motor without removing everything around steering wheel. Bit extender and endoscope camera taped on it 😉 If someone have an advice.. Are there some things that I can check with vcds and plan to replace on DSG gearbox ? Clutch wear or something like that. Fluid is changed every 60kkm ( I am planning to change it early maybe )
  14. I think i just need to remove gloebox and side trim and will give me a good look at the matrix pipes etc, possibly get valeo or denso with part number maybe
  15. He failed. Was he watching Robocop when he designed it? 6000 SUX
  16. Agree with Warrior. At this point it doesn’t seem clear whether you’ve spun a shell and are about to explode a big end and kill your crank, or if you have a failing lesser component, or maybe a blocked oil pick up. Certainly damage has been done, but if your bottom end is sound, I’d say all is not yet lost - unless you know otherwise. If I were a car dismantler, I’d also think £1400 was a good risk, possibly a good flip if it’s a non major repair. Gaz
  17. As that is probably not the original battery, it is possible that it was not correctly adapted (coded) when it was fitted (possibly 2022?) It's quite possible that it is failing - failing battery can cause multiple issues even though it still appears to start the engine normally. I'd strongly suggest having the battery properly tested first.
  18. DuckPaulo joined the community
  19. Bluesnake joined the community
  20. Hello, I am writing to urgently request your specialized engineering guidance regarding a highly unusual and critically severe mechanical seizure on a 2009 Škoda Fabia Combi Mk2 (1.6L Gasoline BTS Engine, 6-Speed Automatic Tiptronic Transmission - Aisin 09G). • Component in Question: Right-Side (Long) Inner CV Joint Cup (Transmission Side) The Problem: While attempting to replace the right front drive shaft, the inner CV joint separated, leaving the inner CV joint cup (stub axle portion) completely seized inside the differential housing. The internal circlip (snap ring) appears to have experienced a severe mechanical binding/jamming or deformation inside the differential splines, creating a total mechanical lock. Chronology of Failed Removal Attempts: We have strictly followed all standard automotive repair protocols, followed by heavy-duty industrial extraction methods, but the cup remains completely immovable. The following attempts have been made: 1. Standard & Specialized Pry Bars: We used dual pry bars and dedicated CV axle popper forks to apply balanced, opposing outward leverage. The cup did not budge. 2. Heavy-Duty Slide Hammer & Vice Grips: A professional slide hammer was securely locked onto the cup's ridge. Repeated high-impact blows failed to release the circlip. 3. Opposite Side Punching (Attempted): We completely removed the left-side (short) healthy axle to drive the seized cup out from the inside. However, this specific differential design features a center pin/plug (blind differential) preventing a straight punch from passing through to the back of the right cup. 4. Drilling & Pin Insertion: We successfully drilled two opposing holes through the heavy metal walls of the cup, inserted a thick, high-tensile steel bolt through it, and attached heavy-duty locking pliers linked to a slide hammer. The impact shattered the pliers, but the cup did not move. 5. Arc/CO2 Welding & Industrial Chain Pulling: We welded a massive high-tensile bolt directly into the inner cavity of the cup to achieve structural integration. We hooked it to an industrial iron chain and applied extreme hydraulic/mechanical pulling force. The force was so immense that the heavy-duty iron chain snapped completely, yet the CV cup did not move even a millimeter. Current Dilemma: The inner CV cup and the differential splines are now acting as a single, permanently welded mechanical unit due to the internal circlip jam. We have stopped applying further external pulling force to prevent cracking the aluminum transmission casing or destroying the internal differential bearings. We also want to avoid dropping the entire transmission if an on-car engineering solution exists. Given your deep manufacturing and engineering expertise with the Aisin 09G / VAG differential assembly, could you please provide us with: 1. The official factory service protocol for a totally seized internal circlip on this specific transmission. 2. Any specialized VAG dealer tool designed for this exact type of catastrophic seizure. 3. Your technical recommendation on whether splitting the cup longitudinally (on-car) is safe, or if dropping the gearbox is now mandatory to dismantle the differential. Thank you for your prompt attention to this highly challenging technical issue. I look forward to your expert guidance.
  21. Me and my wife loved our 2011 Skoda Karoq estate. So when we decided to replace it with an SUV in 2023 it was natural for us to buy a Skoda SUV. We bought a 2022 Karoq 1.5 SE Technology. We have always loved the car, but when the clutch went without warning at around 30,000 miles, we were shocked and disappointed. Although my wife (whose main car it is) admits to riding on the clutch at times, she has not changed her driving style over the years. We sold the Octavia at 118,000 miles with no sign of a clutch problem.
  22. Martin1969 started following Clutch Failure
  23. Why noir stay oem? It would cost you the same price. Otherwise look at Alpine ou Kenwood. AFAIK they are the only ones with full implementation
  24. I'd have thought quite likely - I'd suggest it would pay to have an analysis of the swarf done and test the oil pressure.
  25. GeorgeAdel joined the community
  26. Martin1969 joined the community
  27. @Kojne Welcome to the forum. What country are you in? Does the car you are getting have a comprehensive service history? How many km has it done? Has the DSG had an oil and filter change? Has the VAQ diff been serviced, maybe twice by now?
  28. Hello, I don't think it's the accessory belt. Its intensity and frequency are constant and do not vary with engine speed. It cannot be heard when the vehicle is stationary, whether the engine is idling or being revved. Thank you.
  29. Probably your navigation FeCs if you are trying to load maps into that which dont tally with the country it was meant for. The give away is in your text. Mib3 is locked down from tinkering. A good retrofitter with vag equipment would be able to do it. Some can do this stuff remotely if you buy the box. It was all put on a legitimate level for legitimate use. Audi / VW police it. East Yorkshire Retrofit is such a company in the Uk. Abroad other companies exist. Turkey is another country where retrofitter unlock the infotainment unit for map updating. Vehicles which are exported secondhand from Europe are candidates. American services personal bringing their Vag cars are another. So yes it all changed with mib3. No toolboxes due to better encyption and backdoors bolted which had been left open in mib2. Changing firmware also runs risks irrespective of maps since these units are now locked down so if there is an issue you can't dig yourself out. The firmware may only work with specific other updates elsewhere in the car to the control systems.
  30. Rij joined the community
  31. If the software is up to date - and the battery in good health - both of which you can check easily without the dealer having to do anything - then you'll be fine. I'm on 1941, which has been fine for about 4 years. They're decent cars!
  32. Hi. I believe there are two different makers of the original cooling system that these cars left the factory, Valeo or Denso. Other makers can of course make parts to these systems according to the specs, but i believe that you cant mix Valeo and Denso system parts together. You should go to skoda-parts.com and make an account where you can enter your own cars VIN-number to check which parts are the correct ones for your car. I am using this method for sourcing spareparts for my mk3 Octavia and it works great.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.