All Activity
- Past hour
-
the truth about electric cars
I think the EV weight much more thing has become an entrenched myth. Germanic EVs, Audi, BMW, Mercedes, SEAT, Skoda and VW tend to be heavier than the average EVs and many have fallen foul of the Paris 2 tonnes triple parking charge. I am surprised there was not more protest by the 3 German HQ based companies as it seemed to single them out. There are some reasonable reasons for Germanic cars being heavier ie there need to be able to do 200-250 kph plus to drive at the perfectly allowable speeds ie bigger motors, battery packs, two speed gearboxes to allow the electric motor to switch to a longer gear and not be limited to 100 mph or less like many EVs. Also on the tyre front, and most are fitted with EV tyres which tend to be quite quiet with less tread when new and alos are oft fitted with acoustic foam to reduce noise as the rest of the vehicle is so quiet Michelin add the foam to further quiet it down. 68 to 70 decibels being the norm. Scenic has e Primacy and % has Conti 6Qs. The Q standing for quiet as again, like the Scenic and other EVs, as they are so quiet in the engine / motor department the tyre manufacture put extra effort in to quietness. Both EV Tyre review reports commend these EV tyres quietness. https://www.tyrereviews.com/Tyre/Michelin/e.Primacy.htm/Test-Results/ https://www.tyrereviews.com/Tyre/Continental/EcoContact-6.htm
-
Skoda Scala 1.0 TSI 2023 - Stiff Gear Change
Thanks Alasdair - will do. Having had the fluid changed on Saturday we now know it is at the maximum level in header bottle, so we'll be able to see if it drops. I really appreciate your advice.
-
AC staying on
On my mk3 octavia when I use windscreen demist the A/C comes on and goes off when turned off now on my new octavia mk4.5 same thing but when you turn it off the AC stays on can this be coded not to stay on.
-
Tonyduncan started following AC staying on
-
Winter roads, ice, snow and wet or dry driving in an EV..
An EV is just so good for damp conditions and cold or icy, pre conditioning or just starting and demisting / de-icing. & Heated seats / steering wheels and mirrors. Not unique to EV,s but nearly always standard.
-
Skoda Scala 1.0 TSI 2023 - Stiff Gear Change
Randomly my octavia used to crunch from 1st to 2nd. I put it down to me being a bit quick with changes but eventually pedal went to floor and master was leaking. As said keep an eye on fluid level in case its leaking somewhere. Alasdair
-
Incorrectly Identified NSL Speed Limits
Good to see that this isn't solely my issue. Living semi-rurally means that I travel affected roads pretty much daily. I've even found a stretch where the limit varies between 20, 30 & 60 in one direction but maintains a steady 30 in the other. The latest from Skoda is that the workshop didn't test the specific issue after applying the "fix", because it would have meant driving five minutes out of town. For a bonus laugh, it turns out they're one of the many service centres who don't sell vehicles. As such they have one Skoda trained technician, who promptly went sick. Skoda UK have shown zero interest in progressing this beyond waiting for him to return to work. They also have no idea about what's caused the instrument illumination to fix at max. ☹️
-
Best Mid Range Tyres - MK4 Estate 1.5TSI
Thanks - trying to work out if the extra £20-£25 per tyre difference for the Performance 2 is worth it, or actually whether the regular Performance tyres that you reference actually have any advantages over the Performance 2. Possibly, the Performance 2 has increased longevity, but it's a minefield, as on the websites you get tyres with the same model name and size but slightly different prices and ratings
-
OCTAVIA 3 BONNET STRUTS
Hi, are these still available?
-
fezziemk7 started following OCTAVIA 3 BONNET STRUTS
-
CaptainChaos90 joined the community
-
Skoda Superb Alloy Wheels 18 inch from 2013 Superb Elegance Mk2. Set of four. Plus steel spare.
Did you see I sent a private message, wasn’t sure if you’d spotted it?
-
Park Assist when stationary
thanks Steve - thats essentially what I've been doing (or given up as it's tedious at every junction). if only I could switch it off... ☹️
-
New Battery or Something Else?
Ah, very good point BazzY! Is there anyone in the Guildford area who can help me recode the battery? I see from the map of people with scanners that @Michaelhare has one and is in Godalming but I'm not sure if he's still on this site and as a rookie I can't message him directly yet 🤔. Otherwise I'm happy to travel if anyone else can help. Many thanks in advance!
- Activating SmartLink on Swing 3
-
Park Assist when stationary
On the pre-FL cars there is physical switch beneath the Infotainment screen to turn on/off the Park Assist screen. Tap that (if the FL cars have it) and your Nav screen should come back.
-
SteveTheElder started following Park Assist when stationary
-
Skoda Scala 1.0 TSI 2023 - Stiff Gear Change
Thanks Alasdair. We've done the lubricant of the linkages just now and we'll see how it goes. When the issue occurs the clutch pedal comes back up my itself - certainly doesn't need to be lifted. It's a tricky little issue this as it only done it intermittently - half a dozen times over the summer. Thanks again - I'll keep this post going whatever happens, as it may help others.
- Activating SmartLink on Swing 3
- Today
-
Park Assist when stationary
Its not one of them. Usually, settings that are reset each startup are those that have to do with some sort of compliance - either emissions or safety.
-
Best Mid Range Tyres - MK4 Estate 1.5TSI
No, the 'standard' version. https://www.protyre.co.uk/tyres/goodyear/efficientgrip-performance/product/2055517VGOEFGRPE
-
Incorrectly Identified NSL Speed Limits
I've a similar anomaly just outside the village of Edingley in Nottinghamshire, for several years a short open stretch (500yds) of country lane (60mph) pings 30mph on the dash, but not on Waze. I've slowed to have a good look around to see if there's anything amiss causing the anomaly, but no, nothing. I've even been on the Skoda mapping site but it correctly shows 60mph. Now, this last week, the stretch has somehow managed to reduce itself to an imaginary 20mph.......weird.
- Activating SmartLink on Swing 3
-
speedek150 started following Activating SmartLink on Swing 3
-
speedek150 joined the community
-
Best Mid Range Tyres - MK4 Estate 1.5TSI
Thanks @SteveTheElder . Are those the Performance 2 variant?
-
Best Mid Range Tyres - MK4 Estate 1.5TSI
My 1.5 TSI SEL FE estate came fitted with Michelin Primacy 4 (205/55-17), changed them at 45,000 miles (a tad early because I was heading off fully loaded on a two month European road trip). Anyway, to answer your question, my go to tyres are now Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance. By comparison to the Primacy 4 I feel they are quieter, give a more supple ride, plenty of grip, feel more sure footed under heavy braking, and I reckon about 5-8% better fuel economy. Current set have covered 35,000 miles and I reckon a good 15-20k left (near as damn-it 5mm left). OK, they probably come in the premium tyre category but I think they're worth it. Just checked my preferred, local-ish, tyre fitter and they're lower price than some tyres in the mid-range brands (Falken, Toyo). As a slight aside, I also fitted these on my previous Mk2 Superb; similar gains (especially the ride and economy) over the previous Continental PremiumContact on it previously.
-
SteveTheElder started following Best Mid Range Tyres - MK4 Estate 1.5TSI
-
Park Assist when stationary
thanks good to hear and I'm hoping it's the same for the FL. one thing I do note is the number of settings that can be changed but then reset when you restart the vehicle - hopefully this isn't one of them! makes me consider some VCDS changes....
-
Park Assist when stationary
In the preFL, there's an option to turn park assist automatically when coming near objects at slow speed. This is turned on by default. I don't know the exact menu in the FL version, as the infotainment system is not the same, however I think there must be an option to disable it coming on automatically.
-
386ka started following Park Assist when stationary
-
Ollie24 joined the community
-
Best Mid Range Tyres - MK4 Estate 1.5TSI
I appreciate that the question has been answered time and time again, but so many conflicting answers. Need to replace the factory-fitted tyres on my January 2021 Octavia Estate 1.5TSI SEL First Edition after a very respectable 51,000 miles. Do a combination of urban driving, but regularly do 500 mile round trips of motorway driving. Live in the South of England, so we don't really get much snow. Driving style is sensible rather than sporty. What do people recommend where the priorities, in order, are grip, fuel efficiency, longevity, and noise levels? Mid-range, known tyre brand preferable but open to suggestions. Contenders seems to be Michelin Primacy 5 (Longevity looks to be good) Goodyear Efficient Grip (Not sure which version) Thanks in advance
-
spcdust started following Best Mid Range Tyres - MK4 Estate 1.5TSI
-
How can i tell what fuel filter i need?
This one worked for me, same engine and year as yours, engine code CRLB: https://ebay.io/m/OO378P