Skip to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. SKD joined the community
  3. Forsyia joined the community
  4. OBDeleven. Total mileage 72,000 miles. Total engine starts 24,500 including start/stop. Battery resistance averages 4.6-5.2mohms depending on state of charge and temperature ( i have seen it reach 50 degrees C in the warm weather ). I don’t trust electronic battery testers on EFB+ batteries. My tester for at least a year fails my battery but it performs flawlessly and start stop works flawlessly.
  5. hi, for an update on this issue... i replaced the solenoid with a Febi brand version. however..... intermittently, ( at very random times) trouble code still comes back "turbocharger boost pressure sensor A range/performance" which was the case before replacing the component. in combination with coil light on dashboard. available throttle/turbo boost does suffer sometimes with this, but not always. and it can go away by turning the engine on and off
  6. Scroll to overview, then press the scroll button to cycle between Since Start, Long Term and Refuelling. I have to do this very time we make an input into Google Maps because that places a map where that info is displayed.
  7. Is that using VCDS??, what is your total mileage?.
  8. I can't help with the engine, since I've never worked with the diesel, but I just want to make this clear MK2 caddy are actually two entirely different models, funnily, neither of the two was made by VW. The van (9K) is rebadged Seat Inca, derived from MK2 Ibiza (6k). It's a mix of different VW platforms, including mostly MK1 caddy, MK2/3 Golf and MK3 Polo. The SDI and TDI engines were only available for this variant. The pickup (9U) is rebadged Felicia Pickup (6U). The AEF engine is the only diesel available, it originally came from MK3 Polo. Unlike the other VW diesel, it's slanted forward to fit into smaller engine base of the Polo and Felicia. Apart from the engine and some individual bits here and there, there's nothing from VW, even the gearbox is Skoda with adapter plate. Keep this in mind when looking for parts. @Rsedmonds Since the engine was also used in the Polo, you can try their community, there were probably more Polos with this type of pump than Skodas.
  9. Today
  10. Stupid question but where's the weld as it doesn't appear visible from the photos?
  11. The total energy throughput and charging throughput on my 2.5 year old vRS is nearly 14,000ah.
  12. I swear VAG just cannot leave anything alone. Latest update. Car’s in to do the front ARB as I can’t be assed to do it given the feedback from the car. H&R one - you take the clamps off, replace the bushes with the H&R ones, then fit it all back. Garage phones me up and shows me this: The clamps are welded together. You can’t get the lower section off to replace the bushes in the clamps. It now all comes as one 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯
  13. Hello, Anyone with a subcription can find my PR codes please? I have sheet printed in my car but there are some not everything. Thank you for advance, i can send my vin number.
  14. Have you tried pressure bleeding it yet. Might be worth a try. If its air stuck in the ABS then you could either bleed with vcds or did read if you dont have vcds etc a few sharp brakes on gravel so ABS works can force air into regular brake lines so you can then rebleed to clear. Alasdair
  15. As to rattle the pump should turn smoothly with some resistance at certain points. If its rough or rattling I reckon its probably had it. If something internal has failed it could feed debris down fuel lines and wreck injectors. Dont suppose you have a diesel specialist near by that could take a quick look for you. Alasdair
  16. Pollen filter is @ 2 years or sooner. Check it. Change is easy. Brake fluid schedule is 2 years. Air filter should be inspected, they might leave for 6 years. Inspect, check, look, hinge lube, etc etc etc. Stuff that cars always need. Especially when not doing much driving.
  17. Not sure if it should rattle but read that you require special Dial test indicator guage with extension pin. The timing port is between the 4 high pressure lines probably under the centre cover held by the torx screws. From what I read it may be a garage job due to special tools required. Think you need a timing kit similar to this but never done the timing on a pump or used kit. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/407231762606?_ul=GB&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338990945&toolid=10001&customid=eb%3Ag%3Avms%3Aeb%3Ap%3A407231762606%3B{GCLID}&_trkparms=ispr%3D1&amdata=enc%3A1bOpTAGwuTgCovN2XgM0sDg18&adtype=pla&loc_interest_ms=&loc_physical_ms=1007345&gbraid=0AAAAADmMgijEi4U_EoAkfDTnHUDpZymg-&gclid=CjwKCAjwrP3VBhBbEiwAnaqpQ3sIxepuyRFIVgqn445Yt38JNYxVo1X4VALkEP6LuFDj6Cj_nLhr3RoCsrwQAvD_BwE Alasdair
  18. 6 hours or even 7 hours cheap tariff and maybe 15 kWh. / 60 miles if lucky added. But then you might use standard tariff and be 35 pence rather than the latest 10 pence offerings. New Motability choices of EV,s and Ice vehicles greatly reduced if paying £1,000 or less advanced payments. A few bigger Chinese cars on offer. And 5 UK manufactured cars. MINI Cooper, Nissan Juke or Quasqai, Toyota Corolla or a Peugeot e-Rifter. £4,399 advance payment....
  19. Hello, My name is Rudy. I'm from Reunion. I have a Fabia 542 BXW motor, year 2007. I'm here to learn doing repairs on my own.
  20. And of course, a granny cable also the restricts by a large margin, the speed of charging, further reducing the usefulness of home charging,furthering the tiers of EV ownership.
  21. Hi New here and bit of a late reply looking at the dates but here we go. Fitted genuine OEM running boards to my Skoda Karoq Edition a couple of weeks ago. Sourced left hand one from Skoda Nottingham and the right side from Part Haus Stafford. Plus the new rubber seals and VW cavity spray wax from them too. Having read the detailed workshop orientated instructions went ahead and fitted them with my wife helping to lift and hold them in place during lifting phase. All fairly straightforward but time consuming, following the instructions took about 5hrs , mostly by myself. Having original bought and returned aftermarket ones glad I went for OEM ones look so good. Says in the instructions that original front mudflaps cannot be refitted...well you can if you modify them to fit. Very pleased with the results
  22. Thanks for your reply. The Car is a 1.0 TSi 95CH. I would anticipate doing around 12K km's per year. Mainly gentle driving around the villages, no real traffic issues here. Perhaps 2 or 3 motorway journeys a year. I bought the car last February as a 15 month old vehicle with just 120 km's on it. It was serviced by the dealer before it was delivered to me. I have now done 8.000km's but of course the car is now 2 years old so I decided to put it in to Skoda for an oil and oil filter change service plus they check a few other things as I understand it. When I got to the Skoda dealer they looked at the car "computer" and it was saying next service due in 21000 km's or 340 days, he then said that nothing needed doing now. Anyway, I did have them do the oil change etc and now the car reads that next service is due in 30,000km's or 740 days. That just seems crazy to me, so, do I just follow what the car is telling me? It would then be around 4 years old and never had a full service! I'm tempted to just ignore this and go with my gut feeling? I'd rather it was "over serviced".
  23. Celayir joined the community
  24. Mrjamesking joined the community
  25. I put the Quatrac pro + on my Mini Cooper S electric as soon as i got it. When the snow came they were crap so i put on Maxxis AP3,s this was in 2023. I posted in tyre section. Plenty stuff in All Season threads or winter tyre threads. I have CrossClimate 3,s on my MG ev now, not long now till i see how they are on snow. Very good on the wet. Maxxis AP 3,s very good all seasons IMO. Good value.
  26. Not translated or read that. Plenty info on here on DQ200,s. Change both oils if you want. If you know what you are doing or the mrchanic does. Pre 2013, then 2013-2017/18 then on might have different issues. Service campaigns / recalls in 2014 and 2017 and tpi,s/tsb,s.
  27. Welcome to the forum. Car comes from factory on Variable flexible oil and filter and inspection services, 24 months 30,000 km / 18,000-2,000 miles. So yours was changed to the fixed regime. How many km a year will you do, service as you want or require. We do not know how the car is used or what checks you do yourself. No idea even what engine you have.
  28. Are there over 30 million buildings that the cable from the wall socket can get to a vehicle near enough? All these places with supposed off road access. What if your property in the building is not on the ground or 1st floor? PS. A Google gives it as something like 30.4 million residential homes not buildings. See all those residences in blocks, high rise buildings etc discount running your cable out from the wall socket.
  29. Yesterday
  30. Hey guys, recently been interested in the idea of replacing the multi-spoke stock alloys on my Ambiente SE as I'm not the biggest fan of the multi-spoke look. When I search online, 99% of the time I can only find MK1 VRS' with the spiders. Anyone here got a MK1, VRS or not with aftermarket alloys maybe off of other VAG group cars? Any answers greatly appreciated.
  31. Haven't looked in the Menu as we turn off Lane Assist via the steering wheel as per the second option shown in Derek's first post. It's the tugging of the steering that annoys us rather than the vibration as it pulls quite strongly and stops you steering smoothly. Am I right in assuming that with the vibration turned off you still get the tugging? If so that is interesting as that is the opposite with my Volvo. Again you can't turn off permanently but you can turn off the steering correction permanently which leaves the vibration. But this isn't too intrusive so I often don't bother to turn it off as it means going through a number of levels in the Menu in the centre screen, a right pain, as you can't turn it off via the steering wheel as per the Fabia.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.