Skip to content

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 29/09/26 in all areas

  1. Berwick and Edinburgh.
  2. Anyway. Talking about it will make no difference. Up sh!t creak without a paddle happens on occasions in the UK. Sometimes Labour in power & sometimes the Tories. People someplace will make a killing out of it as usual. The Labour Party are at their wee swarree. Balls, Buffets & Banquets.
  3. I'd strongly recommend getting the battery fully charged and properly tested before replacing it - and test the alternator output.
  4. Mine does it too and according to my main stealer it’s because the car isn’t used enough to keep the battery fully charged. Bear in mind these days that even if the car isn’t used just sat there it will have something somewhere using a bit of power. I just give mine a 20 to 30 min run every couple of weeks
  5. So, had the battery on slow charge for 18-19 hours, Disconnected and fired the car up all warning lights cleared, I have to go out latr, about a 25 mile trip so that should give me an idea if it was just battery base, also a chum is coming round later this morning torun a vcds trial. Will keep you all updated!
  6. The BMS (Battery Management System) only charges the battery to around 80% - to allow some headroom for micro regenerative braking (weird but true!).
  7. 2 points
    Maybe worth searching for these threads.
  8. @lol-lol 1.4tsi 4x4 manual 5 seat. It's a good combination with none of the DSG or adblue worries and, being 5 seat takes my daughter's wheelchair in the boot with no dismantling of it, or seat folding necessary.
  9. Hence, what I said the other day about the UK has zero plans, etc., and yet we allowed Grangemouth to close, Port Talbot steelworks, gas reserves, etc., to be sold. All our utilities are foreign-owned, leaving us completely vulnerable. The UK is in a very bad position because of a whole string of poorly thought-out decisions that were not in the best interests of the country or the majority of the population.
  10. Being an ex mechanic but not of greatest of health I bought my kamiq with a two year warrenty at 7000miles and 14 month old I changed the oil when I bought it because it was obvious it hadn't been changed I got the "free" service this year in July at 12000 miles the oil was changed but the service advisor said your brake fluid needs changing, I declined after showing the brake fluid tester showed 0 percent water the brake pads and disks were reported as needing changing, again absolute rubbish as disks where nor worn and pads less than 1 quarter worn front and rear the cabin filter had not been changed original build date on the filter when I replaced it myself It's a shame because I hoped the dealer would be good to use All I can advise is check as much as you can, especially when parts have dates on them and question everything
  11. Couldn't agree more. Feel like I'm being fobbed off. Going to ask them what they class as a healthy battery and ask how they checked it.
  12. Provided that all vehicle modules are in sleep mode, 12.1 V standing voltage is about 55% SOC - I'd be very surprised if a genuine battery condition test, properly applied, would give a 'good condition' health report on a battery in that state!
  13. New cylinders arrived and seem to fit right, they're single bolt units where the old units were double bolted. Not sure if I should pop them in the milling machine and ADD another bolt hole or trust that one bolt with threadlock is enough to hold them in. VW evidently think it's enough, lol. It's impossible to get an unmodified union wrench on the flexy joint inside the torsion axle thingy. Either the axle is in the way, or you get hung up on the fuel tank. So the flexies had to come out, but that's probably for the best since they're in SOME state and we're going shopping tomorrow morning to see if we can replace them. Took some fire and stuff to get that to let go. I really need to get my vice mounted properly again. Happily I have an 'in' with the local garage and we managed to sneak in and have a go on this... So we have two fresh lines ready to go on if we can fangle the bends ok. Wish me luck, maybe functioning rear brakes tomorrow... the fronts will surely need the same care and attention. I just want to be able to drive it up and down the drive again for a bit to take the depression about the welding away. I need another payday and then it's new sills and a leather welding jacket so I can stop setting myself on fire.
  14. 1 point
    I got the unpainted matte version on the basis it’ll be most subtle. Just postage is good! Let me know which version you want (although I’ll check the one from the donor car is all good).
  15. This was my 2001 on a Y Reg vRS, some may remember it, yes that's the nurburgrimg. Poor thing did about 70 laps of that. After I sold it, I almost bought it back when it appeared on ebay many years after I sold it. Sadly it needed a fair amount of work to bring it back so I pulled out, and it sold to a breakers yard instead.
  16. Thanks everyone, Good to see some of the old guard still around, just looked back and I joined here 24 years ago, that's scary. This is the Volvo, can't believe this is almost 10 years old now.
  17. From Yeti to a Kamiq.
  18. Hi , after reading many forum entries on here I thought it would be better to join. I normally twirl spanners on motorcycles , not professionally, just a hobby. We are on our fourth Skoda , an Octavia but we also still have a 20 year old Fabia .
  19. VW Group have had plenty time now to sort out Snagging Faults with the ID Buzz, and all the other VW Group new models or new generations with faults / issues. Now they have a new issue to get their Dealerships & Authorised workshops to deal with. Which Skoda's in which regions of the globe that might be affected would be handy to know. For Skoda owners / drivers. ** NoteVW Caddy 11 years of production from 2013.
  20. I think it's a pause in production of the Buzz to clear out existing stocks. Likely to be back being made in late 2027 / 2028 by all accounts?
  21. In US and even being extended non production for another year so 2028 before it may restart presumably if the Democrats get back in. European production and sales have been quite strong though tweaks to production schedules have occurred to match sales. VW are now producing a LFP battery chemistry with a 60 ish battery and range of only 200 miles on a good day so again production will be tweaked depending on how well that sales and presumably we will see sodium and solid state versions too eventually.
  22. As with any Global or World Wide Recall with VW Group you need to check see if your vehicle is involved and The Globe includes the EU / Europe / UK and not just a Service Campaign where eventually you get a RECALL message or not. Skoda Secret Service Service Campaigns. Need to know basis. The Dealership Service Receptionists might not know.
  23. They must me reading your posts about the doom and gloom coming to us soon and decided that it was happening now. 🤣🤣
  24. i checked around the internet and the anti stall seems about right,Ai. said it might be regen. but thank you all for your replies, the only thing about having a duff motor is you see how kind people are at taking time out to write a reply to try to get you out of bother, my next challenge is a oil leak it seems to be coming from quite high at the back of the engine on the right side, tomorrow i will post pictures and video as i have a small endoscope and i have removed the big pipe that goes to the air filter box and i can see much better with the my normal torch and today i cleaned it as much as is possible with engine cleaner so i can see better where its from thanks everyone
  25. Tried to persuade him to go for the Kia PV5 but no joy. IDs have had numerous issues with their software. VW been just about the bottom of the pile for their software compared to other brands but they finally seemed to have got it together with some Chinese help. The new Cupra Raval, ID Polo, Epiq seem to getting great reviews and maybe the new king of the small EV. Lets hope sales match the press reception lese VW etc or they may be in more trouble than they are now which is hard to imagine. Silver one S-i-L gone for so he will have to get a surf board I suppose. Dont know if he sat in the Kia but at 6'5" maybe his height might have been an issue in the Kia as I generally found Hyundai and Kia on the dinky size but I expect they have got better in that regard to accommodate, Dutch, Nordic and US supersized people, come to think of it I did have a Sportage on hire in Alberta /BC and it was roomy in the front. awful fuel consumption form its NA 2.4 litre engine but petrol was about the same price as bottle water especially in Alberta / Manitoba / Saskatchewan where they extract about 4.5M barrels a day and send nearly a million a day to Vancouver to ship to Asia, now missing out California to their loss. Shame don't pipe to Thunder bay to send down the Lakes to Europe.
  26. I used to own the Superb Hatchback KY69UNB which had been faultless for my 4 years of ownership. Unfortunately on 10th April I was involved in a small accident which resulted in the offside front bumper, headlight and corner bonnet being damaged. The rest of the car was in excellent condition with 37.000 miles on the clock. I was amazed when the insurance company deemed it uneconomical to repair and offered me a payment which I accepted. I now see that the car is back on the road. So if you are the new owner of the car and would like all its full service and maintenance records from new message me and I will forward on. I will keep the offer open for another 4 weeks before I dispose of them if I have had no contact
  27. Hi, I am considering buying this car already been in contact with the trade seller, please can you forward me the details pertaining to its history. Many thanks and appreciated very much.
  28. Suggest buying a DVM (digital Volt Meter) and plugging it into the cabin power point, permanently if not being used for anything else, and monitoring the voltage while driving normally, coasting etc. If the battery SOC is up around 80% then the DVV will show 14.5/14.8V on overrun and ~ 13.0/13.6V with accelerator pressed, if the SOC is down around 75% then its more than likely that the charging rate is 14.5/14.8V under all driving conditions. My over 7.5 year old Polo petrol 65BHP (Original) battery SOC has often been down around 75% but stop/start never failed to operate any time I care to use it. The max SOC is 85%. VCDS 10Friday,05,June,2026,10:45:58:555 42,715 kms/26,542miles. IDE01834 Battery voltage 12.193 V IDE01836 Battery current -4.950 A IDE01839 Battery charge status 77 % IDE01841 Battery internal resistance 7.6 mOhm IDE01842 Usable battery charge 28 Ah IDE01948 Battery internal resistance not normed 6.0 mOhm IDE07681-MAS06086 Battery total charging throughput-Total re-charge 3890.7 Ah IDE07681-MAS06087 Battery total charging throughput-Entire energy throughput 4091.0 Ah Battery Capacity 59AH.
  29. Even with regular long trips, the battery will frequently not get charged to 100% due to the Smart Charging system reserving battery capacity for regenerative charging.
  30. If the pedal gradually drops under pressure and there are no leaks and your sure theres no air in system its more than likely the seals that have gone on the brake master cylinder. The fluid is probably getting past the seals/bypassing but its not leaking. Daughters peugeot 205gti did exactly the same a few weeks ago. Brakes were a bit soft for a while and then virtually no brakes even if you pumped pedal. Alasdair.
  31. What type of use does this car get - is it mainly used for short runs? There isn't normally a lot of headspace between the battery SOC level that the smart charge alternator maintains and the SS cut-off level, plus SS won't be available if one, of at least 6-8, operation parameters are not met.
  32. Charging the battery: if this helps only temporarily, replace the battery regardless of age or mileage.
  33. Just to close this thread, I just decides to use the free version spotify on my phone. But thanks for the imput to my query.
  34. TBH something like the basic OBD Eleven or similar will pay for itself over time if you want to save some money doing your own servicing or mtce.
  35. Registered 30 June 2017 I am the third owner, having bought it in April 2025 at approx 73000 miles from the second owner who bought it as an approved used car from Haysleden Skoda in October 2020 at 36000 miles. Current mileage is just over 88000 which might increase slightly. MOT expires 6 October 2027. Heated leather seats. Heated windscreen. Apple Car Play activated. Full sized spare wheel. Electric folding mirrors. Full service history with numerous backing invoices and various Skoda printouts confirming what was done and when. Timing belt and water pump changed at 51000 miles (May 2022) Haldex serviced in February 2021 and October 2023 (at 62290 miles) Front brake discs and pads changed at 65000 miles Rear discs and pads changed at 66000 miles DSG oil changed at 40000 miles and 82000 miles (Feb 2026) Removable Westfalia towbar. Skoda sat-nav SD card present with recently-updated maps. Full original Skoda owners manuals etc. In excellent condition all round. £9995 ono
  36. More in mainstream Uk news that UK has much less stock of oil and gas that other countries and as party conference on in Liverpool at the moment the chance to question ministers but we are not hearing strategies. There are some plans out about what would happen if the power goes, from stations cannot pump gas, what foods people should stock pile etc. Winter of discontent could rather be a winter of survival especially if the UK winter is unusually grim as increasingly predicted.
  37. We just about missed the Sunset this evening Love the ripples 😵‍💫
  38. @lol-lol That incident at RAF Fairford: the suspects have been released on bail and all come from London, and no explosives were found. The barrels in the vans were empty, and it would seem that they were attempting to steal diesel from farmers' fuel tanks and sell it because of the high London prices for diesel.
  39. 1 point
    Whereas I like Martini’s option of subtly changing the tailpipes despite keeping the exhaust standard. Like this badboy
  40. Think the yeti uses electromechanic steering so no fluid. Could be a dodgy wheel sensor, steering angle sensor or as simple as low battery. Did the ESP come on as well? best option is to get it scanned with vcds to see if there are any stored codes. Alasdair
  41. You've changed from an EFB battery to AGM. You really should get it coded as the charging requirements are a little different. If you can't do it yourself with VCDS, ObdEleven, Carscanner or similar there must be someone on here who's near Guildford and can help. Failing that do you have a friendly local independent garage/mechanic ? Anybody in the trade should be able to do it.
  42. Why skimp on the coding? It's just part of replacing a battery to give it a good start in life. Electrical components are very sensitive to voltage fluctuations. Your choice!!
  43. Look for an independent who specialises in VAG motors, there are some out there who can service your vehicle and update the service log just as the dealership would
  44. 12.33 volts is on the low side and could drop signifantly during start stop etc A healthy battery should read 12.6-12.8 which may point to the front assist not available and also cutting out. As for the error codes being wiped as told from skoda engineer when car is locked???? I agree with Pete. Highlly unlikley. In my opinion absolute rubbish Ecu is designed to store codes not wipe them. Think you may be getting fobbed off by the engineer/garage. I would take car back and ask for them (tell them as its under warranty) to fit a new battery and take it from there Alasdair
  45. Have a look at MOT history. When we were buying a car for our son its amazing how many failed on bald tyres etc which can give you an idea if its been looked after. How many owners has it had. Maybe first followed service intervals and second didnt bother or an independent garage did the work once out of warranty and didnt fill in book etc. If its a private sale ask the seller what garage they used and ask the garage. If its a dealer and you intend to buy it I would get them to do the timing belt as part of the deal. Alasdair
  46. So, I got the double fan and added it. Made a world of difference. Don't get me wrong, the oil temp still goes up a little, but not as much. Dead easy to change! I think mine came off an Audi A3 and fitted in 15min.
  47. Not on your model but I just installed an aliexpress camera and it was pretty straightforward and truly plug and play.
  48. Mines a 2020 Kamiq SE L and I fitted an AliExpress reverse camera. Integrated into the hatch handle make sure you get the correct one, the shapes differ slightly in what they offer. About £30 ISH a couple of years ago, still working as it should.
  49. Got it. Good point. I am just annoyed that people with smaller cars and engines can tow the same caravan in similar terrain no problem!

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.