The Twins. (And Yeti RS)

BossFox

Will the carbon fibre panels present any problems with earthing electrics like window regulators, central locking, high level brake light,  number plate lights, door mirror adjusters, etc?

Will all earth points need to be routed back to hinges in order to contact main bodyshell?

Will the carbon fibre panels present any problems with earthing electrics like window regulators, central locking, high level brake light,  number plate lights, door mirror adjusters, etc?

Will all earth points need to be routed back to hinges in order to contact main bodyshell?

All though carbon itself is a non conductive material I thought carbon fibre like graphite can conduct electricity. That's why people get electrocuted whilst fishing near pylons using long Carbon Poles. Although its resistance might be to high for low voltage earthing applications like a car.

If its anything like a Mk1 Fabia the earthing points are all on the main body anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

Lovely project! I have something similar you might say, RS conversion of a Seat Leon Cupra. Your thread is an inspiration for my ongoing engine swap and build.

May I ask where you sourced your carbon parts, Russia perhaps? Assume they where custom made or they already had the molds ? 

Edited by POPOV

Lovely project! I have something similar you might say, RS conversion of a Seat Leon Cupra. Your thread is an inspiration for my ongoing engine swap and build.

May I ask where you sourced your carbon parts, Russia perhaps? Assume they where custom made or they already had the molds ? 

They were sourced via Supertec.  http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/supertec-racing.html

The maker obtained Yeti panels and then made the molds themselves.

How about the Brighton Speed Trials this year? Ideal weapon off the line and a chance to scalp a few big names, BAC were there last year amongst others..

TBH Mike I've not even thought about what to do this year other than a few track days.

But it should be able to run a 10.5 quarter mile, or better.

Edited by BossFox
  • Like 3

TBH Mike I've not even thought about what to do this year other than a few track days.

But it should be able to run a 10.5 quarter mile, or better.

If you were there last year and did a 10.47 you would have walked away with the winners cup and fastest time of the day lol

• Like 2

When is that IMS850 kit you ordered arriving. Would love to see some nice pictures of it !

Do you have E85 at the pump in UK?

Shortly.

No, I am going to run it on 99 RON pump fuel.

It should make 700bhp or a bit over.

Will be interesting to see how the IMS850 will perform on the track as it has some lag. Surely the work to your head should assist the breathing and faster spool up.

Will be interesting to see how the IMS850 will perform on the track as it has some lag. Surely the work to your head should assist the breathing and faster spool up.

We are expecting 500rpm or so more lag and 700-800rpm more usable rpm at the top, compared to what I have now due to forged engine allowing higher revs.

Going from roughly 500 to 700bhp.

At 500bhp the powerband is wide, it's boosting well from 3,000rpm and hitting the limiter at just under 7,000rpm.

Edited by BossFox

We are expecting 500rpm or so more lag and 700-800rpm more usable rpm at the top, compared to what I have now due to forged engine allowing higher revs.

Going from roughly 500 to 700bhp.

At 500bhp the powerband is wide, it's boosting well from 3,000rpm and hitting the limiter at just under 7,000rpm.

If I'm understanding you, you are expecting the usable powerband to go further up the scale, maybe from 3,500 to 7,000+ rpm?

Q?, do you use all the gears on a track, or is 5th / 6th too high for most circuits?

DC 

If I'm understanding you, you are expecting the usable powerband to go further up the scale, maybe from 3,500 to 7,000+ rpm?

Q?, do you use all the gears on a track, or is 5th / 6th too high for most circuits?

DC 

Yes. I don't know about Thruxton, but the Yeti's been on Silverstone GP and Snetterton 300 (faster exit onto the Revitt straight (second best named straight in the World after Conrod Straight at Bathurst)).

DC 

Mostly third and fourth.

Fifth only gets used on the long straights, never needed to think about using sixth.