VCDS options on Superb III

On 04/03/2020 at 09:54, MrMoonWhite said:

The car is still under warranty so a remap is not an option. Had REVO on other cars, and it was great, espescially with the SPS, serial port switch!

??? Is that in response to my recommendation for the Racechip XLR? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/03/2020 at 14:05, g_tee said:

I retain the gearing of Drive, but throttle response of Sport.

VCDS: -

44 module (steering assist)

Security access: 19249

Adaptations

Select channel: 'Driving profile switchover'

Change from 'Incremental: controlled over time' to 'Direct: controlled over threshold value'

Note, I tried the "Audi mod" but that didn't make a blind bit of difference. However, ^^^ is way better.

Hi,

Also did this modification today. Test still pending...

First impression is that throttle response is quite quicker and I also have the impression that Auto Hold unlocks sooner and thus smoothier. 👍

@g_tee Thank you for the tip!  ;) 

Edited by Bap33
  • Like 1

Another question.

I've seen that on Octy 3, you can check the battery charge level on the instrument display just by pressing the daily odometer button with a certain sequence.

I'm looging for the coding, to activate this function on my Superb3. Does anyone know how to do it? I've found this, but I don't know if it works:

17- Instruments >10- Adaptations

Select "Battery Charge" in the drop down menu / Select 'active', save.

Please advise... ;) 

5 hours ago, Bap33 said:

Another question.

I've seen that on Octy 3, you can check the battery charge level on the instrument display just by pressing the daily odometer button with a certain sequence.

I'm looging for the coding, to activate this function on my Superb3. Does anyone know how to do it? I've found this, but I don't know if it works:

17- Instruments >10- Adaptations

Select "Battery Charge" in the drop down menu / Select 'active', save.

Please advise... ;) 

I tried this - had no effect/change 😞

• Like 1

On 02/03/2020 at 23:05, g_tee said:

I retain the gearing of Drive, but throttle response of Sport.

VCDS: -

44 module (steering assist)

Security access: 19249

Adaptations

Select channel: 'Driving profile switchover'

Change from 'Incremental: controlled over time' to 'Direct: controlled over threshold value'

Note, I tried the "Audi mod" but that didn't make a blind bit of difference. However, ^^^ is way better.

Thought I would revisit this, but then I found some of my old notes/printouts and I had already tried this in the past with no difference.

Only thing that has worked for me is installing a pedalbox.

• 2 weeks later...

I've installed a reversing camera, since doing this the front parking sensors don't automatically activate at low speeds, I either need to pop it in reverse and back to drive or press the parking sensor button.

Is there a way of turning this back to automatic at low speeds?

16 minutes ago, Antera said:

What did you coded? Put that back first to see iff that soves it. I think you coded wrong

Long time ago, but good point, I'll look at the logs from before Vs after.

Thanks for the assistance

26 minutes ago, Enriquez said:

If You go to the parking options menu, there is a check box to enable or disable the automatic activation of the front sensors. 

Went to vehicle settings, parking and manoeuvring, I only have park pilot settings and rear traffic alert, no options for the front sensors,

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎04‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 13:27, vlk said:

Hi, can you help with this vcds options on MY17?

1. Deactivation of Start-Stop

STG 08-HVAC - Adaptations - IDE04159-Deactivation of start-stop system, not activated

What do you say? someove tried?

2. Activating alarms chirps locking/unlocking

STG 16 31347 - adaptations IDE02269-ENG122188-Acknowledgement signals-Menuesteuerung akustische Rueckmeldung

Change to active

On MY17 is no option to turn the alarm chirps (Acoustic confirmation) in the infotainment.

3. Enabling DRLs menu

STG 09 - 31347adaptations - (2)-Daytime running lights-Tagfahrlicht Aktivierung durch BAP oder Bedienfolge moeglich

Is no option on MY17 (vcds 16.8) change to active

On ‎04‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 14:45, Gizmo said:

I have done all three on a MY17 car.

@Gizmo I also tried to activate No. 2 (alarm chirps) on my MY17 Superb but don't get an option on the infotainment under the opening and closing menu? The only replies to this issue i can find relate to a clone lead. Photo below of option prior to clicking 'save', after reading controller afterwards it showed as 'active' (forgive the poor quality, i only took to save a log of any changes i made and wasn't intended for sharing :) ). I'm running genuine HEX v2 with VCDS v20.4.0 - all other options i've activated have been accepted and worked fine (fog lights as coming home lights, fan speed showing on AUTO, DRL option on infotainment, driving mode on maxi-dot, refuel quantity, heated seat memory level for passenger, Audi throttle, etc.). Any ideas what i might be doing wrong or do i need to activate some of the other associated options?

vcds.jpg

Edited by MarkTB

There is an extra step required for the alarm chirping.  See screenshot below of wat I did.

Works on mine (MY17) all good.

Screenshot_20200407-192628.thumb.png.7ce97b9b84157ce89718da4590fa9a3c.png

Edited by JR RS
  • Thanks 1

@JR RS Thanks for that, i'll give it a go tonight. :thumbup: I did wonder if some of those options needed changing as well. :) 

6 hours ago, MarkTB said:

@JR RS Thanks for that, i'll give it a go tonight. :thumbup: I did wonder if some of those options needed changing as well. :) 

Yes on some of the later ones you also have to turn them on with VCDS before the option appears in the infotainment 

Anyone knows how to calibrate DCC using VCDS after disconnecting/connecting shock absorber?

There was fault shown on VCDS, but clearing it did not help. After 60 miles it started to work normally, but after restarting the car, DCC is again like in service mode and the ride is like a brick...

• Like 1

My dad's MY19 SEL Exec has Electronic voice amplification/enhancer. I assume this is specific to the newer MIB2.5 Columbus and not simply something I can code into the earlier MIB2 Columbus unit in my MY17? My kids love it when they've been in the back of "grandad's" car. :D

1 minute ago, MarkTB said:

My dad's MY19 SEL Exec has Electronic voice amplification/enhancer. I assume this is specific to the newer MIB2.5 Columbus and not simply something I can code into the earlier MIB2 Columbus unit in my MY17? My kids love it when they've been in the back of "grandad's" car. :D

My Dec 2017 L&K has this but not too sure when it was introduced. I do know that it's been turned off due to being extremely annoying though. ;)

26 minutes ago, MarkTB said:

I turned this off on my MY17, it's just a setting level in the infotainment settings, it's nowt but "echo" and this is a bit tedious on the radio (Sara Cox R2)

Same as @john999boy and @NJRJ, I have it on my Dec. MY17 L&K. I turned it off. 

When you're alone on board, it generates too much echo, when listening to the radio and voices sound very metallic. Quite unpleasant for every day commuting...

And actually, I had even forgotten I had this feature, until I've read this thread. 😁

On 13/10/2016 at 16:48, Enriquez said:

Try use new posted fix for this:

decklid_superb_5q0959107J_model2017.zdc

Has anyone got any updates to this for closing the boot lid from inside the car? I have the same controller as above - i understand it can't be done by VCDS and needs someone with VCP, but wondering if this was confirmed to work and whether there is anyone around Sheffield that could sort this once the current madness is over?