VCDS options on Superb III

iV indeed has a sound generator, because it is a hybrid.

If I remember correctly there is a legal requirement for electric cars to have sound generator. Also electric Citigo should have it. I can confirm that eUp has it and is really annoying, because it has poor sound insulation.

• Thanks 1
  • Groan 1

2 hours ago, techsearchuk said:

Are you sure? My iV has a fake engine noise when it's running on battery only...ive also read that it can be adjusted 

Sorry, I was referring to the pre-facelift Superbs.

• 3 weeks later...

I have just bought a facelift Superb 3 SE tech which has ACC and what looks like the camera in the windscreen.

I like to know how I can enable Lane assist which is not an option in the settings.

There is a thread which lists members who have VCDS interfaces, which will allow changes to be made to the system in your car. There is also a handy map on the thread that will allow you to find members close to you.

I was able to successfully contact a local member, and yesterday successfully enabled TSA, amongst a few other smaller tweaks. Throttle response, rear lights on when DRL are on, disable boot close warning chime, off-road screen etc.

On 07/05/2021 at 22:58, stubie141258 said:

I have just bought a facelift Superb 3 SE tech which has ACC and what looks like the camera in the windscreen.

I like to know how I can enable Lane assist which is not an option in the settings.

maybe this might give you some ideas to try 19253

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bap33 said:

Interesting! Nice job!

Could you remind the "spte-by-step" process, to "add" the 20 other colors please?

Thanks!

@Bap33 Here is the script I created for using with VCDScripter, containing the RGB values from @Hdsn555. It is pretty self-explanatory. You can manually set the values using VCDS but I didn't fancy  doing it manually so used VCDScripter. Your car is only showing colours 1-10 at the moment because the 11-30 RGB values are all zero by default. Once you start changing these, you will get more colours. I think it needed the car to be switched off for say, 10 seconds, then back on again, for it to start showing more colours in the Settings page, once the changes were made.

30colours_v2.txt

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1
  • Thanks 2

Just to add to @Ivan8192 post, if you have 'auto' ambient lighting modes where it changes colour based on driving mode, you should also check and update the "Ambientelicht Zuordnung der Farbe zum Fahrprofil-Fahrprofil" adaption channels too :)

Other than that, you might need to set a WSC and importer and equipment number on this screen if you haven't already.

image.png.dc31ce0585b1ff90c0a811935ec6881f.png

• Thanks 1

This thread is turned into a bit of a Behemoth, but it does appear there are some tried and tested VCDS changes that aren't captured in the 'Superb MKIII VCDS Adaptations - tried and tested - Diagnostics & VCDS - BRISKODA' thread which is locked.

Not sure if @Gizmo is still actively moderating, as I'm pretty new here, but might be worth capturing some of the mods in this and updating the tried and test thread, as it was last updated November '19?

1 hour ago, Hdsn555 said:

This thread is turned into a bit of a Behemoth, but it does appear there are some tried and tested VCDS changes that aren't captured in the 'Superb MKIII VCDS Adaptations - tried and tested - Diagnostics & VCDS - BRISKODA' thread which is locked.

Not sure if @Gizmo is still actively moderating, as I'm pretty new here, but might be worth capturing some of the mods in this and updating the tried and test thread, as it was last updated November '19?

Indeed, I had sent a PM several months ago to add 1 or 2 mods I had found to this 'tried & tested' thread, but no answer... :speechless:

Edited by Bap33
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 22/05/2021 at 10:26, langers2k said:

Just to add to @Ivan8192 post, if you have 'auto' ambient lighting modes where it changes colour based on driving mode, you should also check and update the "Ambientelicht Zuordnung der Farbe zum Fahrprofil-Fahrprofil" adaption channels too :)

Other than that, you might need to set a WSC and importer and equipment number on this screen if you haven't already.

image.png.dc31ce0585b1ff90c0a811935ec6881f.png

Just to expand on this, for each driving profile, you set the colour to a number from 1-30 which represent the 30 colours left to right on your display

leaving/coming home (I set mine to a warm amber '6')

ENG153712-ENG154602-Ambientelicht Zuordnung der Farbe zum Fahrprofil-Fahrprofil_0

eco (I set it green 28)
ENG153712-ENG154603-Ambientelicht Zuordnung der Farbe zum Fahrprofil-Fahrprofil_1

normal (I set it offwhite 3 to be the calmest on the eyes, and also to provide the best wow factor when passengers don't realise you have colour lighting other than white until you shift to another driving mode)
ENG153712-ENG154610-Ambientelicht Zuordnung der Farbe zum Fahrprofil-Fahrprofil_2

sport (I set it to 10 - red - of course!)

ENG153712-ENG154611-Ambientelicht Zuordnung der Farbe zum Fahrprofil-Fahrprofil_3

I've attached v3 of the script, including these driving profiles, if you don't want driving profiles, then use v2. if you've already done the script v2, and you just want to add the driving profiles, I've attached a script to just add the driving profile colours on their own

30colours_just_driving_profiles.txt 30colours_v3_with_driving_profiles.txt

• Like 1

Few other profiles, not all will be applicable to your car:

• 0 - Doors open (coming/leaving home)
  • 1 - Comfort
  • 2 - Normal
  • 3 - Sport
  • 4 - Off-road (?)
  • 5 - Eco
  • 6 - Race/Cupra (?)
  • 7 - Individual
  • 10 - Snow (?)
  • 11 - Individual off-road (?)

Question marks on modes I haven't got so I can't confirm ;)

• Love it! 1

26 minutes ago, langers2k said:

Few other profiles, not all will be applicable to your car:

• 0 - Doors open (coming/leaving home)
  • 1 - Comfort
  • 2 - Normal
  • 3 - Sport
  • 4 - Off-road (?)
  • 5 - Eco
  • 6 - Race/Cupra (?)
  • 7 - Individual
  • 10 - Snow (?)
  • 11 - Individual off-road (?)

Question marks on modes I haven't got so I can't confirm ;)

I wonder if its possible to add these modes to a car which only normally has 4, for instance i have added the offroad display ability to the mib2, but i wonder if it can be added as a new mode

6 hours ago, AlVal said:

new versions attached, amended to reflect some corrections to driving mode numbers as kindly provided by @langers2k, and to include comfort mode which I missed

30colours_v4_with_driving_profiles.txt 18.02 kB · 1 download 30colours_just_driving_profiles_v2.txt 722 B · 0 downloads

Which 30 colour pallet did you use?

On 20/05/2021 at 21:34, MICKSVRS said:

10 hours ago, Hdsn555 said:

Which 30 colour pallet did you use?

The latest one provided by Ivan above

Edited by AlVal
  • Like 1

Is there a thread for OBDEleven as well?

I'm going to write a description of how to get 30 colours with OBD11 once I've entered the correct numbers for the LED-strip

(the description I was working with didn't take into account that the values need to be different from the screen values, most of the LED strip colours got very pale and strange :) )

3 minutes ago, Riolux said:

Is there a thread for OBDEleven as well?

I'm going to write a description of how to get 30 colours with OBD11 once I've entered the correct numbers for the LED-strip

(the description I was working with didn't take into account that the values need to be different from the screen values, most of the LED strip colours got very pale and strange :) )

If you use the colour values I posted above in the table, you'll find they should match the screen colour very well, feels pretty OEM too!

1 minute ago, Hdsn555 said:

If you use the colour values I posted above in the table, you'll find they should match the screen colour very well, feels pretty OEM too!

Yes, this was very helpful. Thank you!

Yesterday I thought I had failed, but then I remembered seeing your picture:

gradiantsx2-02.png.9babc032a9677b0370c81f8e605be4ac.png

I also noticed some differences in the screen values, your list makes it look more OEM than the list I used yesterday.

4 minutes ago, Riolux said:

Yes, this was very helpful. Thank you!

Yesterday I thought I had failed, but then I remembered seeing your picture:

gradiantsx2-02.png.9babc032a9677b0370c81f8e605be4ac.png

I also noticed some differences in the screen values, your list makes it look more OEM than the list I used yesterday.

Strange how the LED strip isn't RGB, with the green value appearing on the far left appearing white on the strip.

There are quite a few RGB values floating around I think, but I wanted to go for an OEM feel. Once I'd got the stock values, I then mapped the 30, for both screen & strip. Currently using a teal green at the moment, but rarely drive it at night so don't get chance to appreciate the handy work!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to disable "cabin air recirculation auto off" via vcds?  If the outside temperature below 5 C   it shuts off randomly,  sometimes it shuts off in an area with bad smell and it is too late when i realize that it shut off.

Or can this 5 C threshold be changed? for example to 0 C??

• Like 1