vRS245 ordered club

11 minutes ago, matt9407 said:

God the 245's are losing money quickly aren't they?

https://www.cargurus.co.uk/Cars/l-Used-2017-Skoda-Octavia-vRS-245-ev141953#listing=125076849

Skoda really messed up on their lease prices!

That’s about right I say, take the vat off and you’re not far off that price. They haven’t been out long enough to show real depreciation 

Those are a Dealers asking price, Wish & Dream sell price with them making money.

What you want to know is if own one bought with Cash Money what they would give you to buy it if you wanted Cash Money and no trade in on something else they want a profit on selling.  That being the business they are in.  Well when Skoda CZ / UK can get them cars.

5 hours ago, ElliottLW said:

Order confirmed on October 19th and just received an email to say its rolled off the production line, any ideas on how long it'll take to arrive and clear customs?

Metor Grey, Pan roof, Audio, keyless

Awesome spec!!

20 hours ago, chewie76 said:

Car collected today from Rainworth, really impressed.

just need to read the manual as I'm lost with all this tech compared to my fabia VRS 

Only pic I have from yesterday, not had chance today spent too much time driving it

20180105_181451.jpg

• Like 1

Anybody got any opions of the 6 and 7 speed DSG? Driven the 6 speed but coming from the Fabia VRS didn’t think it was as good, to slow. So went for a manual 220 VRS.

Taking  a 245 dsg out for a test drive tomorrow. But is the DQ380 suppose to be better than the DQ250? 

Just after thoughts... 

Edited by pkoconnor

2 minutes ago, pkoconnor said:

Anybody got any opions of the 6 and 7 speed DSG? Driven the 6 speed but coming from the Fabia VRS didn’t think it was as good, to slow. So went for a manual 220 VRS.

Taking  a 245 dsg out for a test drive tomorrow. But is the DQ380 suppose to be better than the DQ250? 

Just after thoughts... 

I think its great. Very quick and smooth. It also keeps up with the extra power from the DTUK box.

At 70mph its barely at 1800rpm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, pkoconnor said:

Just after thoughts... 

Completed the test drive today and really impressed with the DSG box.  It felt quicker and smoother than the DSG6.

The deal offered was too good to turn down so went for it and will be picking it up on Thursday.  £30 cheaper than my current 220 deal.

Picked up my Moon White baby on Friday (ex demo), and pretty damn happy so far! My third Skoda vRS and definitely the best! Shame I won't get to drive it every day as my wife has custody Monday-Friday :dry:

Only pics so far are the dealership ones, too busy driving so far and now it's dirty as well... white's gonna be a bugger at this time of year!

IMG-20171230-WA0016b.jpg

IMG-20171230-WA0015b.jpg

• Like 4

Having had my 245 DSG for a couple of weeks now I am very impressed with the box, put the car in comfort mode and doing 70mph down the motorway and its only doing something like 1600 rpm!

Go further into ECO mode and it completely cut the engine / drive when your not accelerating

1 hour ago, OliR said:

Having had my 245 DSG for a couple of weeks now I am very impressed with the box, put the car in comfort mode and doing 70mph down the motorway and its only doing something like 1600 rpm!

Go further into ECO mode and it completely cut the engine / drive when your not accelerating

1600? Thats low! Just checked mine and its at 1900 at 70.

18 hours ago, LBB84 said:

Picked up my Moon White baby on Friday (ex demo), and pretty damn happy so far! My third Skoda vRS and definitely the best! Shame I won't get to drive it every day as my wife has custody Monday-Friday :dry:

Only pics so far are the dealership ones, too busy driving so far and now it's dirty as well... white's gonna be a bugger at this time of year!

IMG-20171230-WA0016b.jpg

IMG-20171230-WA0015b.jpg

And another! Yay!

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 15:55, Janno1 said:

Ordered 30th Oct. Order confirmed 3rd. 

I imagine that's the case ClarkyStu and dealer possibly holding it for the new reg. Is there much benefit in having the new reg when I will be handing the car back in 3 years? 

Mines a lease, absolutely 0 benefit in waiting for the new reg, purely cosmetic unless you are looking at buying it at the end of the agreement.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, matt9407 said:

1600? Thats low! Just checked mine and its at 1900 at 70.

Unless I'm reading it wrong :wondering:

Either way its very impressive for such a high powered car

fair play Skoda Servicing! - raised a formal complaint on Saturday via chat re delivery date and out of pocket expense if delivery is later than what I was told when ordering.  Received a call from the complaint case handler at 10am this morning - really pleasant and was up to speed with the case already. Said she’d try to get a satisfactory solution for me by end of week and will call me Wednesday with an update.  Very professional call, and restored my faith in Skoda a little.  Just think we need to call out when we get good service as it’s too easy to shout when we have problems