What have you done to your Superb III today?

7 hours ago, Ynnoj85 said:

I don't know what it's called 🙈

Ha no worries looks similar to mine in business grey, I have the same thoughts when I give it a clean that the paint seems thin the amount of small chips etc but that's just wear I guess.

Nice colour though.

PXL_20230428_185349395.jpg

5 hours ago, 35North said:

Tools needed/what I used 

Trim Panel Removal 31pc

car stereo keys (don't use the ones in the kit one of them got stuck)

screwdriver bit T20

String/cable or telescopic magnetic

Remove the multimedia in the glovebox, cut the cable tie at the back on the main loom to to get the unit out, Test the kit NOW before fitting it all in and then find out it does not work. then remove the trim on the floor and around the door frames to the boot. (you can go by the roof but you may block the side airbags deploy by the wire) remove the trim on the boot lid be careful of the boot light cables there will be 3 T20 screws 1 on the leather strap remove the bigger trim part and the other 2 are on the topside on the boot trim. Now I had to wire it on the offside (driver) boot grommet as the Nearside had a lot on cables already in it, to unclip the handle it from the outside of the boot then clip in your new camera in and wire it all up. the only time I use a cable/ telescopic magnetic to route the cable was on the nearside rear piler/ part of the roof liner and the boot lid and there is NO CODING just plug and play, hope that helps. I have just found out today though is when in reverse the nearside mirror is not dropping now but that not a big problem  

I've ordered one. I had to do a similar exercise when I fitted a rear dash cam so I have got a set of trim / radio pulling tools etc. I may have to go down the passenger side as my dash cam cables go through the R/H tailgate rubber which is fairly full already. My only concern is whether the cables will interfere with the DAB reception. 

My wing mirrors have never dipped (even when selected in the infotainment) when selecting reverse so I'll not be worrying about that. 

Thanks for the info. I'll report back when I get mine & give it a go.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MrRich said:

Should your mirror not dip in reverse check that the mirror selection is set to the passenger side, if it’s set to neutral (ie ahead so not selecting either mirror) then the auto dip in reverse doesn’t function.

I thought it was supposed to dip both mirrors when in reverse. I'll give that a go. If it works then I'll be jiggered & guilty of not reading the instructions😒

8 minutes ago, Colin170CR said:

I thought it was supposed to dip both mirrors when in reverse. I'll give that a go. If it works then I'll be jiggered & guilty of not reading the instructions😒

Nope, only the NS mirror Colin. You can programme one of the seat memory buttons to dip the OS mirror, which I’ve done on #3.
Manually move the mirror to the dip position you want, push the mem button, then the seat button you want to assign to the mirror, car “dongs” in response and voila. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, numskull said:

Nope, only the NS mirror Colin. You can programme one of the seat memory buttons to dip the OS mirror, which I’ve done on #3.
Manually move the mirror to the dip position you want, push the mem button, then the seat button you want to assign to the mirror, car “dongs” in response and voila. 

You learn something every day. 👍

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Colin170CR said:

I've ordered one. I had to do a similar exercise when I fitted a rear dash cam so I have got a set of trim / radio pulling tools etc. I may have to go down the passenger side as my dash cam cables go through the R/H tailgate rubber which is fairly full already. My only concern is whether the cables will interfere with the DAB reception. 

My wing mirrors have never dipped (even when selected in the infotainment) when selecting reverse so I'll not be worrying about that. 

Thanks for the info. I'll report back when I get mine & give it a go.

I also have a rear cam and the  boot cam both go through the right tailgate rubber. What I did was Squash is smaller than feed it through 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 35North said:

I also have a rear cam and the  boot cam both go through the right tailgate rubber. What I did was Squash is smaller than feed it through 

This means nothing without photos to show the points being discussed.

3 hours ago, Graham Butcher said:

This means nothing without photos to show the points being discussed.

I think these pics of mine from last year when I put my rear dash cam in shows the issue. The two rubber conduits at the top of the tailgate already have cables, rear washer pipes & other gubbins inside them so getting extra cables through them is not easy. I found the r/h side easier to route my dash cable through. The L/H side was already quite tight & the dash cam cable interfered with the DAB signal. 

When I come to do the rear view camera on mine I will have the same issue as well as finding a route through the front to back of the car.

IMG_20220327_162409_hdr.jpg.6c50815c6ac92305cca07679e2c7bf03.jpg

IMG_20220327_162348_hdr.jpg.be86cb98fe93ff24755de71723d64be2.jpg

• Like 2

On 16/08/2023 at 21:32, Colin170CR said:

Snap, with the dash cam draining the battery during lockdown scenario. I now have it hardwired in to a piggyback fuse behind the glovebox that goes dead when the ignition is off. Only snag is, it also goes dead when the start stop activates so the dash cam is on / off with the engine while I'm driving. I need to find another fuse to piggy off that stays live when start stop activates.

Another job to add to the list.

However, my next job to do is to spruce up my rusty wheel hubs which can be seen through the spokes of the alloys & are starting annoy me immensely. It's not a good look on my newly black powder coated Trinity alloys. Do Audi wheel hubs go rusty?

Wheels off, wire wheel attachment on drill, elbow grease & spray paint satin black in situ without spraying the discs & anything else. Should do the job. 

Hi there.  Just spotted this and wondered if you remember which fuse you finally settled on piggybacking on? I'm having a nightmare with mine and the drain is creating lots of false issues, warning lights etc.  Just need to know which fuse to swap to.  Cheers

2 hours ago, IndeedFox said:

Hi there.  Just spotted this and wondered if you remember which fuse you finally settled on piggybacking on? I'm having a nightmare with mine and the drain is creating lots of false issues, warning lights etc.  Just need to know which fuse to swap to.  Cheers

It's a job I still haven't got around to doing yet. I normally drive with the Start Stop system turned off so it's not a big issue for me - except when I forget to turn the SS off at the start of every journey. I guess I could also fit one of those memory modules that keeps the SS turn off all the time which would be another solution.

I do plan to have another go at finding the right type of fuse to piggyback onto & this will be a case of playing lucky dip & trying as many fuses as the hard wired Dash Cam piggyback cable will fit into - because the fuse pins are not all the same physical size & some have obstacles next to them which prevent you from plugging in the L shaped piggyback cable. If I get no joy from the fuse box behind the glove box I might have to consider the fuse box under the bonnet but that will be a last resort. 

From memory I'm currently plugged into fuse No 46 (230v socket which is not present on my car), 47 (rear wiper) or possibly 48 (control unit for Blind Spot detection.) Not sure though. Whichever one it is it cuts power to the Dash Can whenever the SS cuts the engine hence why I need to find a fuse that stays on when the SS kicks in but goes dead when the car is stationary & is locked.  

6 hours ago, IndeedFox said:

I have hardwired my dashcam and also my aftermarket TomTom satnav in and I used fuse no 47 to piggyback from and there are no power interruptions with SS system, everything just works perfectly.  

I couldn't resist Kopacek's recent 22% of sale, so i added some "aero fins" to Gandalf's rear end....diffusser.

Removed the diffuser so i could paint it gloss black, then the aero fins glued on as a single piece.

As a result, my drag coefficient has dropped now and my fuel consumption has improved remarkably!!

....yeah, and pigs fly too!!!

811181796_PXL_20230907_0220467432.thumb.jpg.f99f009a86b3cf993d9f998a0ff191d4.jpg

538455752_PXL_20230907_0221006332.thumb.jpg.1fac1da0295e5eb46c8448e68e0f00ab.jpg

20230902_132051-COLLAGE.thumb.jpg.e5750adc9f444c4d4d29955eb21db367.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

was vibrating when i went down to the office Wednesday. Took it to the mechanics... control arm lower joint, 2 front wheel bearings making noise and one tyre out of round. Added to the upcoming water pump and rear brakes, this won't be cheap...it it's defence, we're now at 64k kms on my watch in <2 years with nothing other than routine maintenance, so it's not so bad.

Also saw a lovely petrol in Sweden. I could get very on board with that....

Took my car in to Skoda today for it's second variable service of this year. I had it new in October last year and it now has just over 35k on the clock.

On the way to the Skoda dealer something hit the windscreen hard and cracked it 😠 so new windscreen needed, then Skoda told me the two front tyres are getting a bit low which I already knew, and then they said one of the rears has a split and the other a nail through it so four new tyres required as well.

Quite an expensive month including the variable service, windscreen and four new tyres. Lets hope that lot keeps it going for a while 🤞.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

23 hours ago, brettikivi said:

was vibrating when i went down to the office Wednesday. Took it to the mechanics... control arm lower joint, 2 front wheel bearings making noise and one tyre out of round. Added to the upcoming water pump and rear brakes, this won't be cheap...it it's defence, we're now at 64k kms on my watch in <2 years with nothing other than routine maintenance, so it's not so bad.

Also saw a lovely petrol in Sweden. I could get very on board with that....

64000 km sounds a bit early for bearings. 🤔

Unless roads are in poor conditions in the neighborhood ?… 

• Like 1

On 08/09/2023 at 17:25, cnc said:

Took my car in to Skoda today for it's second variable service of this year. I had it new in October last year and it now has just over 35k on the clock.

On the way to the Skoda dealer something hit the windscreen hard and cracked it 😠 so new windscreen needed, then Skoda told me the two front tyres are getting a bit low which I already knew, and then they said one of the rears has a split and the other a nail through it so four new tyres required as well.

Quite an expensive month including the variable service, windscreen and four new tyres. Lets hope that lot keeps it going for a while 🤞.

Had the four new tyres fitted today, went for Pirelli Cinturato P7's, wasn't sure what to get, ask 5 people you'll get 5 different recommendations, but went with the Pirelli's as several people indicate they last very well mileage wise and as I cover quite a few miles that's important to me. Some reviews say they are noisy but on the drive home I wouldn't say I noticed any difference to the Bridgstone Turanza T0005 that were on it before. I think the side wall also makes a difference to noise, I have the 18" wheels on the SEL so perhaps the Sportline on 19's create more noise?.

I'll be covering a few hundred miles over the next couple of days so they'll get a good run on A & B roads and the motorway.

14 hours ago, cnc said:

went for Pirelli Cinturato P7's

Very disapointed with these.

There ok until 15-20000km and then the grip in wet conditions is downgrading pretty quick. The sidewalls are too soft for me. That’s better for comfort, but awful for steering sharpness. The sidewalls can bend so much that markings get worn…

I switched for Michelin Pilot Sport 4. Much more satisfied. Bad comments on these are very rare…

I'm a Goodyear convert - Have had a set of the Pilot Sport 4 (and Hankook Ventus S1 Evo2 and Evo3) and I felt that it leans more on its sidewall on turn in than the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 I have on now. It also added a bit more weight to the steering which definitely helped when I installed the rear sway bar. Too bad there are just about no Goodyear options for the Kodiaq - will have to either get another set of the Pirelli Scorpion Verdes or go to the trusty Hankook Ventus Evo3.

No photo description available.

Edited by ZacDaMan72

On 02/09/2023 at 17:31, 35North said:

Just fitted this rear camera from AliExpress, https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000230897829.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.11.79f21802B5duGe 

It just plug and play but do not use the car radio removal keys that come with it as one got stuck in the slot and was a plain to get out, 

Here is others that done it 

I may have a problem.

My kit arrived today & the tailgate camera / latch assy is the one with the 2 screw threads coming out the back which are not the same as the one I have installed which has plastic latches.

Which version of this kit did you order / use for your Superb? A,B,C,D,E or F?

8 hours ago, Bap33 said:

Very disapointed with these.

There ok until 15-20000km and then the grip in wet conditions is downgrading pretty quick. The sidewalls are too soft for me. That’s better for comfort, but awful for steering sharpness. The sidewalls can bend so much that markings get worn…

I switched for Michelin Pilot Sport 4. Much more satisfied. Bad comments on these are very rare…

I'm really not interested in steering sharpness or sporty driving by any stretch of the imagination, my time is spent driving up and down the UK road network, I'm a pretty gentle driver but I do cover quite a few miles and they get good reviews for longevity which is important to me so we'll see how long they last. My last car had Pirelli Scorpion Verde which lasted 40k on the front and considerably more miles on the rear so hoping for similar wear rate.

• Like 2