What have you done to your Superb III today?

9 hours ago, MartiniB said:

These r not standard or upgrade for Superb, let alone any other Skoda models, hence it's not right to put the details on that post.

It's something that I made up myself.

I bought slim 2.7mm LED strips from AliExpress, cut them into 12mm length, soldered the wiring & plugs, then stuck them to a grove inside the door pocket, along the top edge.

I spliced into the door warning lights for power.

It involves removing the door cards, so u can drill a tiny 3mm hole in the corner of the door pocket.

1874897358_PXL_20230914_0925416922.thumb.jpg.77dd5259f4595a1b19630cceed353b34.jpg

1961488311_PXL_20230917_0102362462.thumb.jpg.78c3a07c828b0ee96ad3c66b6e828bd6.jpg

1894802686_PXL_20230917_0247430513.thumb.jpg.ad6a72083804472cc5b8304aee599609.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love it! 1
  • Thanks 1

Just kerbed my RR black Trinity rim...

Turned too tight (though I didn't have the impression of doing so) while driving out of a parking lot. 😬

Will have to wait for switching for winter wheels to restore it. 🙄

Edited by Bap33
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Crying 1

Had a new windscreen fitted this morning as a stone hit it a couple of weeks ago and broke it. 

This month the car has had a variable service, four new tyres plus the windscreen - hope that lot keeps it going for a while, it's still only 11 months old.

• Like 1
  • Crying 1

2 hours ago, cnc said:

Had a new windscreen fitted this morning as a stone hit it a couple of weeks ago and broke it. 

This month the car has had a variable service, four new tyres plus the windscreen - hope that lot keeps it going for a while, it's still only 11 months old.

11 months old & 4 new tyres? How many miles?

• Like 2

@Colin170CR- geez.....wat an adventure!!!

Good u didn't give up and persisted.

I just hope u don't have curtain airbags as the wiring u've run through the roof liner will foul the airbag in the event of an accident.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, JR RS said:

@Colin170CR- geez.....wat an adventure!!!

Good u didn't give up and persisted.

I just hope u don't have curtain airbags as the wiring u've run through the roof liner will foul the airbag in the event of an accident.

Thanks. I do have curtain airbags & to avoid them I ran the the camera cable above the head lining just left of centre & then sharp left to get to the L/H A pillar. It's not obvious from the photos but this route keeps it away from any curtain airbags. Looking at the uncovered C pillar there's a surprising amount of cabling going up into the headlining on both sides. 

New trim clips arrived late today so I'll get the last bit of the tailgate trim on tomorrow. Then a damn good wash & polish I think.

Next job is to clean & paint the rusty wheel hubs. 

• Like 4

I replaced my 18" EcoContact 6 tyres with a set of Primacy 4.  The Primacys are rated slightly better for noise (70dB) and fuel economy (A) and have settled in nicely after 150km or so. The EcoContacts were always noisy and had become worse with wear but their most disappointing feature was a high wear rate as they only lasted 46,000 km even with regular rotation.  They started off with 6.5mm tread depth but became unpredictable in the wet once they reached 2mm.  I've never had tyres with such a short lifespan.  The Michelins feel plusher and are quieter.  They were cheaper than new EcoContacts too.  I'm hoping that they'll live up to their reputation for longevity.

bah humbug. 850 for new pads, both front bearings and a lower control arm ball joint with alignment. Could have been worse, was hoping for better as it's going to need new tyres in the spring...

Not specifically today but over the past week.

Full service and enabled Traffic Sign Recognition via VCDS.

Oh, gave it a wash too.

Back in June I replaced all four tyres, Halfords told me I had excessive play in my track rod ends and that my track rods were seized, quoted me over £450 for replacement. I knew that they were upselling as I'd declined the 4 wheel tracking so naturally declined. Got my mechanic to have a look whilst servicing and lo and behold, track rods and ends are just dandy.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, petrolcan said:

Not specifically today but over the past week.

Full service and enabled Traffic Sign Recognition via VCDS.

Oh, gave it a wash too.

Back in June I replaced all four tyres, Halfords told me I had excessive play in my track rod ends and that my track rods were seized, quoted me over £450 for replacement. I knew that they were upselling as I'd declined the 4 wheel tracking so naturally declined. Got my mechanic to have a look whilst servicing and lo and behold, track rods and ends are just dandy.

How did you get the Traffic sign Recognition working, I'd like to enable it on mine.

Washed all the bird poop off the 280 gained from parking under a tree for 3 hours yesterday. And then I had to wash it properly. And then add an LSP to the bonnet and roof. And coat the tyres. And Dyson the inside.

Even though I didn’t want to, I felt compelled too. Bloody annoying really…🙄

Edited by numskull

15 minutes ago, numskull said:

Washed all the bird poop off the 280 gained from parking under a tree for 3 hours yesterday. And then I had to wash it properly. And then add an LSP to the bonnet and roof. And coat the tyres. And Dyson the inside.

Even though I didn’t want to, I felt compelled too. Bloody annoying really…🙄

Question, what is an LSP? 

I unsuccessfully tried to wire the 2nd rear fog light.

I followed this 'how to' but it doesn't work for me.

I don't know what's wrong. Could it be related to my LHD estate version... 🤔 

Vor 2 Stunden sagte Bap33:

Ich habe diese Anleitung befolgt, aber es funktioniert bei mir nicht.

It also depends on which lights you have. In the vFL there were also two variants at the back.

Edited by Lutz_91

7 hours ago, Lutz_91 said:

It also depends on which lights you have. In the vFL there were also two variants at the back.

It's the L&K version.

14 hours ago, Bap33 said:

I unsuccessfully tried to wire the 2nd rear fog light.

I followed this 'how to' but it doesn't work for me.

I don't know what's wrong. Could it be related to my LHD estate version... 🤔 

I believe the U.K. spec has a fog light in the offside rear, and rather than create a separate light they just fitted the euro spec nearside rear.

whereas Europe may have got their fog light nearside rear, but a specific non fog light offside

Considering the original post of the ‘how to’ was made on a car from Romania, I assume LHD / RHD is not an issue. Only difference seems to be hatchback vs. Estate version. 🤔

The wiring of the lights in the vFL is the same for the Limo and Combi. There are no differences. Otherwise there would have to be two different circuit diagrams.

If so, then the difference is in the light.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/09/2023 at 15:28, Colin170CR said:

11 months old & 4 new tyres? How many miles?

Just under 37000 miles.