Police Octavia VRS

46 minutes ago, VRSfan_78 said:

I had the pleasure of driving this at the weekend!  :inlove:

(ps. No comments from police haters please - it's a job and someone has to do it.  Remember this forum is just about the cars so keep it friendly please :biggrin::thumbup:)

20210117-DSCF5022.jpg

20210117-DSCF5021.jpg

20210117-DSCF5019.jpg

wooow that looks mint, how did you find it?

55 minutes ago, VRSfan_78 said:

I had the pleasure of driving this at the weekend!  :inlove:

(ps. No comments from police haters please - it's a job and someone has to do it.  Remember this forum is just about the cars so keep it friendly please :biggrin::thumbup:)

20210117-DSCF5022.jpg

20210117-DSCF5021.jpg

20210117-DSCF5019.jpg

I am sure you will just ignore any police haters, although I have never read any on this site. Respect to you for doing a great job in this weird world at the moment. If you also managed to drive the previous VRS, how does this new one compare? 

• Like 2

Now that looks like one mean machine!!!

You are definately going to know that is coming down the road after you.  I assume that there have been some performance tweaks on the TSI engine (and that it is probably a 250bhp variant).  Didn't look it was a 4x4 variant though.....

It will probably be a DSG....7 speed - DQ381 box (updated) and there would be some modifications to the MIB3 system too. 

1 hour ago, varaderoguy said:

You are definately going to know that is coming down the road after you.

It never fails to amaze me though, the number of people that don't see an emergency vehicle coming! :angry:

@VRSfan_78 Keep up the good work. Hope you and your collegaues stay safe in these covid times. :biggrin: :thumbup:

• Like 4

4 hours ago, roaddetective said:

I am sure you will just ignore any police haters, although I have never read any on this site. Respect to you for doing a great job in this weird world at the moment. If you also managed to drive the previous VRS, how does this new one compare? 

I own a mk3 VRS but it's a diesel so it might be unfair to compare them.  Both are brilliant!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, VRSfan_78 said:

I own a mk3 VRS but it's a diesel so it might be unfair to compare them.  Both are brilliant!!

I was just hoping you had driven a petrol MK3 in the force. You are right though, they are brilliant.

9 minutes ago, StewartM said:

Very nice.  I take it that car is in for appraisal rather than being a permanent addition to Police Scotland fleet ?

Yes.  It will probably be moved around whilst on loan so that it can be used in various driving environments.

• Like 1

On 20/01/2021 at 22:45, RoadWarrior said:

Looks awesome - lets just hope it doesn't get the same negative attention the NorthantsPol ones got... "Ooh it looks too aggressive with all those scary markings" :rolleyes:

Its meant to....look scary and hopefully stop speeding numpties. It looks mean and means business. Live with it.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Skoda have published article on some Police vehicles

Different countries have different fixtures, from tubular poles for ramming vehicles that won’t stop,  to sub machine gun cases.  

It is also noticeable how much extra dayglo seems to be used in UK.  Clearly slapping it on lower doors is not needed in other countries.

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/skoda-world/skoda-cars-in-police-livery/

Edited by SurreyJohn
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SurreyJohn said:

It is also noticeable how much extra dayglo seems to be used in UK.  Clearly slapping it on lower doors is not needed in other countries

In the UK generally, not just motorists, the approach seems to be “if I can get away with I’ll do it” - so the bigger the deterant the better.

It’s notable how many high power cars on the road don’t have a front number plate. No, I wonder why that is… 🤔

52 minutes ago, sneal said:

It’s notable how many high power cars on the road don’t have a front number plate. No, I wonder why that is… 🤔

Personally I don't think it's so they can't get caught. I feel it's because they see the youtube videos from the states where a front plate isn't usually fitted they don't bother because they think it looks better on their Ferrari, Lambo or Aston.

Unfortunately though Barry with his Astra has also caught on to this trend so he's also removed his front plate so his 1.6 diesel looks like a Veyron, possibly. 

On 18/08/2021 at 14:24, GreenlineIIEstate said:

Personally I don't think it's so they can't get caught. I feel it's because they see the youtube videos from the states where a front plate isn't usually fitted they don't bother because they think it looks better on their Ferrari, Lambo or Aston.

Unfortunately though Barry with his Astra has also caught on to this trend so he's also removed his front plate so his 1.6 diesel looks like a bag of ****é. 

Corrected that for you!

• 4 weeks later...