Infotainment System Restarting endlessly

2 hours ago, SpanishJose said:

In Spain, several persons that live or passed by near the France border, reported this issue of the infotainment restarting continuously. It turns out that disabling the logos of FM radio stations "fixed" the problem. Supposedly there is some issue with the logo of one or more French radio stations. Hope it helps for some of you!

Well, mine was restarting every day while driving only in Madrid.
However, after I went for software update related to TA failures, infotainment became stable as well and hadn't rebooted once.

• Like 2
  • Love it! 1

23 hours ago, SpanishJose said:

In Spain, several persons that live or passed by near the France border, reported this issue of the infotainment restarting continuously. It turns out that disabling the logos of FM radio stations "fixed" the problem. Supposedly there is some issue with the logo of one or more French radio stations. Hope it helps for some of you!

You can try to update the Radio Logo database by following the below instructions:

Good luck!

• Love it! 1

Hadn’t noticed any reboots after the update (although it remained at 1896 somehow), sadly that streak ended today when it did once again just after a start this afternoon.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am gonna turn off the radio station logos then, as since the last update, mine is doing this whole rediclous sequence every single journey. Really really poor, I work in IT, I have never seen such dire stability in any area of my job, and I've used some pretty flakey systems and hw in my time! Really gets on my nerves to have all the tech and none of the reliability to go with it.

• Like 3
  • Groan 1

On 13/05/2023 at 20:36, Jugaroo said:

I'm willing to try and disable the radio logos...

The infotainment restarted 4 times today and it started to **** me off....

Anyone has the walkthrough on how to disable them, please? 

It's easy if a little hidden away. Did on mine friday, touch wood, no restarts since. My Skoda app now not telling me if the car is locked or not though, completely unrelated I hope. Will check later if you are struggling on where on the menus it was, but it's in either general settings or radio settings, and it's a menu called station logos or something

• Love it! 1

I've taken obd11 and deleted all the errors. Sice then, no restart issues. Since I've done it alredy few times, i know for sure that it is not long last solution, but at least i am getting few weeks of restart/reboot issues...

On 15/05/2023 at 17:26, thommo41 said:

It's easy if a little hidden away. Did on mine friday, touch wood, no restarts since. My Skoda app now not telling me if the car is locked or not though, completely unrelated I hope. Will check later if you are struggling on where on the menus it was, but it's in either general settings or radio settings, and it's a menu called station logos or something

Got it. Thanks, I was too lazy to look over the menus :)) - shame on me. 

Strangely, from Saturday evening it has not restarted anymore. 

We'll see if this resolves the issue. I am not a fan of logos, so I can live without them. 

• Like 1

Just as I was about to think I am one of the fortunate few not to encounter such an issue, well just can say it happend like twice in three days.

Strange fact(s):

- I set-up my favorite radio stations one week prior to the the first restart.

- I didn't fiddle with any radio related settings. As a matter of fact, the car goes directly to the previously set station via the application from Carplay or AA (AA connects faster, but the sound rendering is better, so I switch manually)

- The infotainment restarted randomly, but  within 2-3 minutes after starting the car.

Cannot figure out what the nexus is.

Firmware version 1900

I've had 6 drives and counting since doing the radio station logo thing, no reboots. Am I confident that this fixed it? God no, but I am happy to be proved wrong :)

• Like 1

Is the restarting of the infotainment less frequent on the newer 1900 software?

Edited by Ctflr

24 minutes ago, Ctflr said:

Is the restarting of the infotainment less frequent on the newer 1900 software?

I"m on 1900 and I had 2 in the past week, the last one on Tuesday. I have no comparison with the previous iteration, as I've had the car for 2 weeks

• Like 1

Restarts after update to 1989 started happening. Always after starting the car. But somehow it got sorted itself and it no longer happens. Ì correlate it with errors been deleted from system, when my windscreen was changed and the guy did recalibration he said system had bunch of errors stored, somehow dealer does not delete them. 

• Like 2

On 30/03/2023 at 18:18, picoutputcls said:

To update on my issue: Finally had the car into the garage today. As with @R0Mario I’ve been told that the media control unit also needs replacing on mine. So that’s now on back order with no clear ETA. To be fair to the garage though they agreed Skoda corporate really need to pull their finger out on these sorts of issues.

Three months since the issue started and nearly two months since I went into the garage, I’m still waiting for a new media control unit (last I heard with no ETA).

Would be interested to know how long it’s taken others to get theirs replaced?

I’m long over being sick of having to go without a good chunk of the comfort, safety and convenience features I’ve paid for! 😔 

13 hours ago, picoutputcls said:

Would be interested to know how long it’s taken others to get theirs replaced?

Mine was replaced last year on my second visit to a workshop, after they got kicked by customer support. It took them one week to get it and replace it. This year I visited them twice already and they still try to solve issue applying some software updates. This time even TPI was mentioned - TPI 2064590/2 - perhaps anyone could check what's inside? Anyway, didn't solve the issue as infotainment went crazy just 15 minutes after I left workshop.

13 hours ago, picoutputcls said:

I’m long over being sick of having to go without a good chunk of the comfort, safety and convenience features I’ve paid for! 😔 

Yep. I'm going tomorrow for my 7th... or already 8th visit to a workshop. Every time car is there for a few days at least. Nothing stops my loan payments, nobody reimburse me for taxi I have to take while without my car, etc...

Edited by Edela
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Edela said:

Mine was replaced last year on my second visit to a workshop, after they got kicked by customer support. It took them one week to get it and replace it. This year I visited them twice already and they still try to solve issue applying some software updates. This time even TPI was mentioned - TPI 2064590/2 - perhaps anyone could check what's inside? Anyway, didn't solve the issue as infotainment went crazy just 15 minutes after I left workshop.

Yep. I'm going tomorrow for my 7th... or already 8th visit to a workshop. Every time car is there for a few days at least. Nothing stops my loan payments, nobody reimburse me for taxi I have to take while without my car, etc...

That sounds like a total nightmare, @Edela! Thanks for sharing.

Finally they are changing media control unit again. Ordered on Friday, promise to install it no later than Wednesday. I hope this one will work longer than half a year, cause my warranty is about to be over and this control unit costs 1,5k+.

Edited by Edela
  • Like 2

Mine since it went to Skoda for fixes and updates has been crashing even more lately especially with the weather getting better and the interior being warmer - the screen and back of the unit gets incredibly hot, which I think is probably one of the main causes for it crashing. There’s no venting on the back which would help airflow over the electronics 🤦‍♂️

Another thing to add to the list of fixes they need to do. 

On 29/05/2023 at 19:05, Towelie said:

Mine since it went to Skoda for fixes and updates has been crashing even more lately especially with the weather getting better and the interior being warmer - the screen and back of the unit gets incredibly hot, which I think is probably one of the main causes for it crashing. There’s no venting on the back which would help airflow over the electronics 🤦‍♂️

Another thing to add to the list of fixes they need to do. 

while it would make sense, the issue was not happening on the infotainments that came from the factory with the software lower than 1896.

for instance, mine was produced in Nov 2021, I have updated the infotainment in 2023 and the issues started after the 1896 update. I never had one single reboot until the update.

7 hours ago, Rainesh said:

The new 1940 firmware will be released soon and will solve the reboot problem. VW and Seat already got it released. 

from 1900 to 1940? Highly doubt that we’ll see this version that early. If that is the correct one for our cars.

• Like 2