Infotainment System Restarting endlessly

All,

I've managed to get one of the drives recognised, used exFAT, although I had done this before, this time it worked, the only difference is that I used a Windows 10 PC to do the format, whereas I'd used a Windows 11 previously.

Kind of strange, but will perform the update after work later, hopefully I can listen to music and even use the satnav when I go to Wales on Thursday, fingers crossed.

Angie

On 30/08/2023 at 11:46, Brane193 said:

Just got the car back from the shop. Now im on 1941sw. Hope everything will go well now. First drive of 16km went without a problem. 

I'm in the same case since yesterday.

Upgraded from 1900 to 1941 by my reseller  at Toulouse in France.

Everything seams good after 30km.

Just read through most of this thread after my 8 week old car annoyed me one more time by restarting the infotainment 3 times after I started it this morning.

On hardware H61, Software 1900.

Are there still members sharing the 1941 link please?

Car is booked in at the dealers next week in an attempt to solve the endless reboots.
If I ask (demand) for software version 1941 to be installed, are we all pretty confident that this is a fix and my car will behave itself for the first time since I recieved it back in November 22?

Good things come from SW1491. My Garage said a ‘Major’ update would come OTA before October and declined to update themselves. Reading the posts about the effectiveness of 1491 I contacted Skoda Service UK and registered a ‘Case’ telling them my car was going in for an MOT soon When my Octavia 4 came back it had 1491 installed. I have always got good results from raising a case with Skoda Service before my car goes in for any sort of service. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ceeone1 said:

Car is booked in at the dealers next week in an attempt to solve the endless reboots.
If I ask (demand) for software version 1941 to be installed, are we all pretty confident that this is a fix and my car will behave itself for the first time since I recieved it back in November 22?

Since update to 1941 i dont have any issues with:

- reboots

- wrong navigation of my location

- usb now knows where i turn off my car, so next time music start to play where it was

- no random radio on when car was locked

4 hours ago, vran22 said:

Since update to 1941 i dont have any issues with:

- reboots

- wrong navigation of my location

- usb now knows where i turn off my car, so next time music start to play where it was

- no random radio on when car was locked

I agree with you.

For the moment everything is good.

Before I start the update, are there any tricks to leaving the ignition on for such a long time?

In previous VW cars, it turns itself off after 10 minutes or so. Don’t want this happening with the update.  

vRS 2023 petrol if it makes a difference. 

Edited by twonks

24 minutes ago, twonks said:

Before I start the update, are there any tricks to leaving the ignition on for such a long time?

In previous VW cars, it turns itself off after 10 minutes or so. Don’t want this happening with the update.  

vRS 2023 petrol if it makes a difference. 

I didn't have any issues, but I think that you can start the engine & LEAVE IT RUNNING for that time, although in this warm weather it may not be quite so advisable 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

I didn't have any issues, but I think that you can start the engine & LEAVE IT RUNNING for that time, although in this warm weather it may not be quite so advisable 

It won't overheat, if that's what you're afraid of. There are fans on the radiator for a few reasons, additional heat transfer while stationary, and to pull air through the condenser 😃

Edited by Jorgeminator
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, twonks said:

Done. All ok with just ignition on. 
Took about 25 minutes in total and now has a fresh update OTA pop up already, as expected. 

IMG_0131.jpeg

You'll find that the built in manuals aren't there at the moment, they'll be downloaded soon (If you use them), then probably another 3 or 4, I've had 4 downloads in total

• Like 1

On 05/09/2023 at 11:25, JPPFrench said:

I'm in the same case since yesterday.

Upgraded from 1900 to 1941 by my reseller  at Toulouse in France.

Everything seams good after 30km.

hello @JPPFrench
I send you a PM 😉

Just want to say thanks for sharing all the good info on this thread!

Like the very first post on the thread we were in France on holiday a couple of weeks ago and 1896 put us in the SOS + sensors + drive assist failure and rapid 4x reboot followed by blank screen with no access to climate settings, satnav, and music. 

Managed to get up and running with the tip from earlier in the thread to change the privacy setting from default “share location” 👍

Booked in for software update in a few weeks time 🤞

• Like 2

If someone can send the 1941 update for my Skoda Octavia VRS which is currently on 1986 and had the "traffic assist fix" done by my dealer that would be great. Would love to have this update and solve the last few errors I still have with infotainment. Thanks!

Never mind, found the files and was able to update. The animations and navigation sure do feel faster. I like it. Hopefully also the end of reboots and the last few errors although I only had them occasionally.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, matrix2020 said:

Local dealer updated the car to 1941 at the service last week, I had to ask for them to do it and tell them what was wrong but at least they did it!

Yes also in TPI it says that its good to have evidence for easier search if they can update to 1941. I have provide them videos and uploade it to wetransfer. 

• Like 1