Infotainment System Restarting endlessly

I had two updates no ides whatsoever about what they did or are for, although one did mention Manual and other error fixes! 

I wonder what it's broken, rather than fixed. 

• Haha 1

Hello all,

I have read most of all messages from this topic 🤪

If it can help someone, here is my story of updating infotainment MIB3.

I bought an Octavia IV one month ago. After checking my infotainment version, it was on 1664 😞

I went to my Skoda dealer (I didn't buy my car from Skoda) and they made the update to 1896, it took them 2 days. They told me it was the last update available.

I have done the update to 1941 myself.

After that, I was unable to become a primary user, retrieve the small updates (legal notice etc). It was certainly already the case with the 1896 version (I'm pretty sure of that).

I have tried a lot of thing, connected to Internet with my phone, reset system etc. Nothing worked.

I get back to the dealer and after some tests, they have connected the OBD with ODIS. What resolve my problem was a reset of the 5F module. Maybe it was the same than here https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/threads/primary-user-problems.469564/

Everything is now fine.

On 12.07.2023 at 22:40, Jorgeminator said:

1804, TPI'da desteklenen yükseltme yolları listesinde yer alıyor, iyi olmalısınız. 20-30 kullanıcı zaten başarıyla güncelleme yaptı ve şu ana kadar herhangi bir başarısız yükleme duymadı. Ancak her zamanki gibi yaptığınız her şeyin riski size aittir. Linki PM olarak gönderiyorum.

Can you please send me the link to 1941?

I have Octavia 2020 with hw56 and sw 1896, I called to skoda support but no success with OTA update. Could you please send me link for manual update of update to 1941?

Thank you.

There's a link to it a page or two back, the usual caveats apply and there's a guide on page 26? of this thread which you should have a look at first.

And if I can do it, then I'm pretty certain that you can, but if you're not happy doing it get a dealer to do it, there's a TPI out telling dealers about it. If one won't do it, try a different dealer. 

• Love it! 1

I hate the the updates always pop up when you're driving so you can't read properly what they're for and you just hit update and it never tells you if it was successful or not.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Is everyone with the latest update finding the restarting issues have been resolved?

I have the latest software but still android auto is restarting regularly. 

Is there any way to connect to android auto with a usb cable? If that worked I wouldn't mind plugging my phone in....

Thanks 

No restarting problems here, although mine did go to the Guest settings until I put it back into my settings. 

There was a new version of android auto a few weeks ago.

14 hours ago, mexicomark said:

I have the latest software but still android auto is restarting regularly. 

First of all, you need to specify what "latest software" you have. As far as I know 1969 is also released for Skoda too, so 1941 is no longer "the latest".
Secondly,the restart of the Android Auto alone is sometimes related to the phone-infotainment connection problems or instability; but it's hard to say if it is exclusively the fault of the infotainment.
I remember that on my Skoda, after the update to 1941, my AA was also restarting apparently) randomly while connected via cable. After several such occurrences I noticed a pattern: the AA restart was only happening when the phone battery was reaching 100% SoC (S21 Ultra). The fix I found was to unplug the cable before phone reached 100%, it would automatically go on wireless AA, and it was stable. In this case I blame the phone, not the MiB.

5 hours ago, SkOmk4 said:

First of all, you need to specify what "latest software" you have. As far as I know 1969 is also released for Skoda too, so 1941 is no longer "the latest".

I am pretty sure Version 1941 is the latest / current version for Skoda cars.  However, there is a 1969 version for Seat cars, which shares the same Infotainment platform, so logically that will likely be released at some point for Skoda vehicles.

Ok, since it's available for Golf 8 for some time and I have it on my Formentor for about 2 months now, I was assuming it was also released for Octavia - though I never checked...

From factory, Skoda started to deliver the Octavia with the newer 1969 software. Someone from the dutch forum posted a photo of his Octavia screen with software 1969. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jesse_s93 said:

From factory, Skoda started to deliver the Octavia with the newer 1969 software. Someone from the dutch forum posted a photo of his Octavia screen with software 1969. 

Any significant changes?

On 15/12/2023 at 10:11, Markeknows said:
On 15/12/2023 at 16:04, Markeknows said:

For those who haven’t read the whole thread. You must be on SW version 1788 or later already

The full instructions are on page 26 supplied by @TheWanderer

Read them first! Don’t just have a go to see if will work as you could brick your system

But if you fulfill these criteria it is a 20 minute easy job that will make your car safe and a joy, at last

Hi Markeknows can I please access to the file?  Request put in thank you!  I’ve got a Octavia estate 1.5 se l first edition. Thanks 

6 minutes ago, jesse_s93 said:

That was not mentioned, so I cannot tell. But as it should be similar to seat/vw, probably a bit more responsive. 

Seems quite responsive as it is, I'd like a bit more information.

8 minutes ago, MikeAPW said:

My 2023 Octavia VRS was updated to 1941 in September last year and since then not a single glitch - works perfectly!

Purchased my 2021 plate Octavia in October 2023 and it had an older software version installed and suffered countless issues.  Within a month got the dealer to upgrade to 1941, plus the SOS module firmware updated, and the difference has been night and day.  Snappy GUI, no crashes, etc.  It did seem to take Skoda an inordinate amount of time to get a stable software version released and it must have been frustrating for earlier owners of the MK4 but software version 1941 seems, in the main, to have sorted everything out.

Had a glitch on 1941 a week ago. Infotainment lost all the settings, went back to default home screen and icons arrangement. Driving data was lost, too. No clue what caused that, works fine since then.

1 minute ago, Edela said:

Had a glitch on 1941 a week ago. Infotainment lost all the settings, went back to default home screen and icons arrangement. Driving data was lost, too. No clue what caused that, works fine since then.

Actually, funny you should say that, the same thing happened to mine last week as well.  Lost the user profiles and had to log back in on for both my wife and I.  Talking to owners of other cars all of these systems seem to have their quirks - some more serious than others.

Weird I’ve just tried this on Octavia se l first edition. The usb wasn’t detected in engineering mode.  I formatted as ex fat. What should the usb be formatted in? Thanks

23 minutes ago, walterwhite said:

Weird I’ve just tried this on Octavia se l first edition. The usb wasn’t detected in engineering mode.  I formatted as ex fat. What should the usb be formatted in? Thanks

Argh wondering if this is because I used a usb c adapter with a usb a flash drive?  Will this stop the usb c port recognising this?