Infotainment System Restarting endlessly

42 minutes ago, Giannis20 said:

No, with the specific original file. 

I will post the link. I don't know if it is OK by the forum rules. If it isn't please tell me to delete it immediately. 

Update size is almost 10Gb

MIB3OI_1969.txt 122 B · 13 downloads

I’ll likely hang on for the OTA but if I do go down the manual route what is the methodology?

assume you unpack the files and put the files at root level of media stick and plug into front USB-C  port.  Any other steps / tips / advice?

3 minutes ago, spcdust said:

I’ll likely hang on for the OTA but if I do go down the manual route what is the methodology?

assume you unpack the files and put the files at root level of media stick and plug into front USB-C  port.  Any other steps / tips / advice?

Check out the clear instructions on p26

• Like 1

I think that I'll wait for the OTA  update to happen this time, the system is working well and not causing any issues, the only reason I manually updated last time was to eradicate the number of crashes that the system was experiencing. 

• Like 2

@Giannis20

thank you for sharing.

For those who are having trouble with the maximum 5GB limit at Mega; you can get around it via a VPN.

Get there desktop application, create a fake account using a spam email account (i have..) and register.

Once registered, start the VPN, download the first 4.something GB and wait for the limit. Close the application, disconnect VPN, reconnect VPN, open the Mega desktop client and get the next 4.something GB.

Do this once more to get the last few 100mb...

IF you do not have a VPN, than you have to wait 2x 6 hours.. They say the limit is 5GB, but it caps out at 4.something GB.. and since the download is above 9GB, it will take 3 attempts.

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

Picking my (new to me) car up on Tuesday. It was on 1941 when I checked on the day I put the deposit down so I'm not too fussed if it hasn't been updated to 1969.... When people mention OTA updates of the software is this something that only happens if you have the Skoda Connect thing? Or do all the cars have the ability to update OTA? (Mine is a MY22 vRS).

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but it's the first car I've owned that has had anything like this as my current car is 14 years old so pre-clever updating technology.

9 minutes ago, WaveyDavey said:

Picking my (new to me) car up on Tuesday. It was on 1941 when I checked on the day I put the deposit down so I'm not too fussed if it hasn't been updated to 1969.... When people mention OTA updates of the software is this something that only happens if you have the Skoda Connect thing? Or do all the cars have the ability to update OTA? (Mine is a MY22 vRS).

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but it's the first car I've owned that has had anything like this as my current car is 14 years old so pre-clever updating technology.

My understanding is you don’t have to have a paid for subscription to any of their Connect Services to receive the OTA updates - just assign a primary user to the car and link to the Skoda Connect App, which is free.

i  agree that you should be happy to be on version 1941 as it is stable and snappy.  The OTA update to version 1969 will eventually materialise but the question is when, but honestly, unless you have issues with version 1941 I wouldn’t be in any hurry to receive it.

Edited by spcdust
  • Thanks 1

Updated yesterday (thank a lot @Giannis20 😊).

Seems a bit more responsive (or maybe more than a bit? will need more testing), and there seem to be 2 new apps in the shop (Pay to Park and Pay to Fuel) - haven't installed those.

No more difference that i could see so far.

• Like 2
  • Love it! 1

8 minutes ago, Markeknows said:

I must say I'm confused. Having eventually downloaded from Mega, the unpacked file structure is unrecognisable from 1941. So I'm holding off for now. I tend to agree with those opinions "if it ain't broken", but at the same time intrigued by @sdolenec saying how brilliant it is...

The first 2 screenshots show 1969 in only 2 folders called data and meta with subfolders labelled MIB30I bearing no resemblance to the third which is 1941 with multiple folders labelled MIB31. 1941 has been shared widely and installed without issue. Odd. Those more tech savvy than me might explain??

Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 11.05.56.png

Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 11.06.22.png

Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 11.07.16.png

Possibly something has gone wrong at the unpacking stage?  When I unpacked I got the two folders and the install file.

Try 7Zip - it’s free and my goto un-archiver program.

IMG_0594.jpeg

Edited by spcdust

4 hours ago, Maxi24 said:

As above - 1 file, 2 folders using 7ZIP

image.thumb.png.aeb8cacf76a2748d011f34bc0777eb6e.png

I get exactly this, only the contents of those folders are completely different to 1941's so it's that that is troubling me. Ethernet switches and mercury. What's that all about?

You better do not use macOS for this as it creates all kinds of hidden files.. better use a windows pc..

also people who use MacOS for map updates struggle with the way apple creates all kinds of hidden files and then the map update fails because of that..

I use allways winrar to exttract. If you open the file with winzip; do you see all contents? And how large is the file. Should be 9GB+

Edited by Faab

Just manually updated from 1941 to 1969. Reason why - 1941 still 100% stable with me with the 'media' player screen often being blank, not receiving WhatsApp messages on the screen and losing the haptic / click feedback from screen.

Haven't fully tested but what I can say is the time from engine switch on to audio playing;

1941 - 21.4 seconds

1969 - 8.3 seconds

Had the usual squeaky bum on phase 2 when it appeared to have hung !

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Markeknows said:

I get exactly this, only the contents of those folders are completely different to 1941's so it's that that is troubling me. Ethernet switches and mercury. What's that all about?

Might be, that they changed the format. Anyway i did the upgrade and it's legit.

Ethernet switch and Marcury - don't know, but they are not updated during the process.

As for my previous observations - i can confirm it's MUCH more responsive than 1941. Menu is smoother, but mostly Android Auto starts quite a bit much faster.

One more observation, very important to me. I live in a place, where there seems to be quite some interferrence. There are two places where my AA connection was always interrupted, like a clockwork, always in the same places.

Well... now it's gone. I mean no disconnections. I don't know how, but they fixed AA connection resiliency.

22 hours ago, Faab said:

You better do not use macOS for this as it creates all kinds of hidden files.. better use a windows pc..

also people who use MacOS for map updates struggle with the way apple creates all kinds of hidden files and then the map update fails because of that..

It’s easy to get round that with Cleanmydrive utility. I’ve updated from a Mac several times before so that isn’t the issue, I know the files that Mac’s add to a drive, it’s not those that I’m concerned about

On 05/04/2024 at 19:30, Faab said:

I use allways winrar to exttract. If you open the file with winzip; do you see all contents? And how large is the file. Should be 9GB+

I’ve updated 4 cars using USB from Mac with no issues whatsoever and with no extra utilities. Everything was just fine. 

• Like 1

On 05/04/2024 at 20:32, Maxi24 said:

1941 - 21.4 seconds

Those 21(+/-1) seconds from Start to Audio playing is an eternity... But it also depends on the Audio source - if it's Phone or USB you should also add the time needed by the MiB to access that source. I found that it may vary A LOT between different engine starts. Radio should be the "benchmark" for such time comparisons.
Do you reset the system once in a while? Usually it becomes a bit more responsive after reset.

Hello everyone,

I have an issue and I think it is related to this topic. Yesterday when I went home when the car on sun after some minutes of driving I got problems with informainment unit. It start randomly clikcing "clicking sound" something and restarting all the time. After restating my car everything was fine. Today after everything is working I got same issue again and car was not on sun at the time it was in garage on cold. I try to restart it with 10second power button any it the same. Even if car is closed unit is still turning on/off all the time after few restarts. Any ideas?

I seen there is some users are from Slovenia if someone knows please contact me.

• Like 1

Quick update. I try to restart it again, even turn off wifi and bluetooth because I seen something about if I go few pages back. It restart again and then worked normally and I even enter engineering mode and found out which version I have. I went driving around it worked, I stoped and turn on wifi and bluetooth for Android auto and it was fine for few minutes and I had same issue. Again turning off and was working without any problems until I turned on everything.

Looking forward to find an solution.

20240410_182500.jpg

29 minutes ago, PrimozAmbrozic said:

Hello everyone,

I have an issue and I think it is related to this topic. Yesterday when I went home when the car on sun after some minutes of driving I got problems with informainment unit. It start randomly clikcing "clicking sound" something and restarting all the time. After restating my car everything was fine. Today after everything is working I got same issue again and car was not on sun at the time it was in garage on cold. I try to restart it with 10second power button any it the same. Even if car is closed unit is still turning on/off all the time after few restarts. Any ideas?

I seen there is some users are from Slovenia if someone knows please contact me.

Hi, 

What is your version of infotainment? I had same problems on version before 1941. I had update in skoda service in Ljubljana (PIA) 

29 minutes ago, vran22 said:

Hi, 

What is your version of infotainment? I had same problems on version before 1941. I had update in skoda service in Ljubljana (PIA) 

Hey,

Which version do you have?

20240410_182500.jpg

20240410_191938.jpg

2 minutes ago, PrimozAmbrozic said:

Hey,

Which version do you have?

20240410_182500.jpg

20240410_191938.jpg

I have version 1941. Before that i was having 1869 if i am correct. 

My problems was:

- navigation sometimes showing wrong location

- restarting issues

- car was locked and infotainment was on

- radio station favorites keep mixing logos

7 minutes ago, vran22 said:

I have version 1941. Before that i was having 1869 if i am correct. 

My problems was:

- navigation sometimes showing wrong location

- restarting issues

- car was locked and infotainment was on

- radio station favorites keep mixing logos

So I am on really old version. There was no major problems till now. Once I had problems with connection (globe) but that problem was solved. Sometimes navigation is showing me wrong location aswell (some old) where I was before... and same problem like you when infotainment was on (restarting) when car is locked. It turned off wifi and bluetooth now and after two short trips it was working normal.