So what you been doing to your VRS lately?

Big Lee

I already have one of those fitted buddy[emoji12]

largeport-evoshield.jpg

Oh and you might like this little fella.

Mini punisher dude.....[emoji4]

2014-07-20192701_zps155b6d53.jpg

Awesome - I had a feeling you had one already. It's something I've been eyeing up for a little while.

That is so unbelievable cool, he looks right at home there :D Love it!

• Like 1

Awesome - I had a feeling you had one already. It's something I've been eyeing up for a little while.

That is so unbelievable cool, he looks right at home there :D Love it!

My son got it for me, if I find out where he got it I will post one to you... :D

• Like 1

hey did you use a forge map sensor or std TT map pipe and sensor? I heard the battery tray needs cutting to gets pipes in?

asking as prepping mine soon 

I used the standard Audi S3/TT 225 pipe with sensor, it slotted in with no cutting required, but you need to remove battery and battery box.

I used the standard Audi S3/TT 225 pipe with sensor, it slotted in with no cutting required, but you need to remove battery and battery box.

good to know.

I will have to re place my CAI pipe as right where the hoses will route, plus the OCC can will need to move so a little messing on top of the FMIC install as well.

CAIFilterfitting011.jpg

SkodaVRSFMICBumpermod069.jpg

CAIFilterfitting009.jpg

Finally got round to fitting my FMIC this weekend. Its only a Toyosports one but seems to do the trick. Kept it looking stealth with the original grills in place for now. All the nice shiney pipework has inspired me to start looking at some other under the bonnet goodies so watch this space.

Octy-with-FMIC_zps54fbfddc.jpg

Absolutely love this photo, stealth or what, brilliant

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Osr caliper replaced (was binding).

rear discs and pads changed.

cts changed.

Tb cleaned.

timing belt/pump/tensioner/damper changed.

New coolant.

scuttle leak/panel fixed.

scuttle drains and both front arch liners removed and cleared.

Rear door membrane replaced and door drains cleared.

double din stereo fitted.

Next up is a service, new breather pipes and a thermostat.

Osr caliper replaced (was binding).

rear discs and pads changed.

cts changed.

Tb cleaned.

timing belt/pump/tensioner/damper changed.

New coolant.

scuttle leak/panel fixed.

scuttle drains and both front arch liners removed and cleared.

Rear door membrane replaced and door drains cleared.

double din stereo fitted.

Next up is a service, new breather pipes and a thermostat.

Some nice jobs there buddy, your car's got what it wanted for Christmas anyway!

Some nice jobs there buddy, your car's got what it wanted for Christmas anyway!

Cheers mate, just want to get everything spot on before I start tuning

Edited by e30kev

I just watched mine sit there and get rained and snowed on while I walked to work :-(

The old girl doesn't get out much anymore, used to do 60 miles a day but she's semi retired now.

Cool, I can't wait to install my fmic which is about the same size, and of course, the mandatory remap after that  :devil:

In the meantime, my custom debadged, milotec looking, front grill arrived.

I am very happy with the result.

IMG_2112_zps3e268b57.jpg

WHERES GRILLE FROM?

Not cleaning it. It is absolutely hanging and I should be ashamed of myself,especially at the green algae staring to grow on the window rubbers :peek:  . My poor excuse though is that I live/work on a farm in rural Dorset and at this time of year it is bloody pointless trying to keep the car clean.

today i fitted a low level RCA adaptor to my dx head unit in preparation for a subwoofer. i thought i had grown out of that boom boom stage but i guess i havent yet haha. as for fitting the adaptor. . . . PITA !!!! never again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Definned the airbox and shoved a big old pipe in it, drilled some holes in the corner grill, go go gadget turbo.

Also fitted some nightbreakers and had OEM stat and cts fitted, goodbye pattern rubbish, and fitted a used door lock mech and got all my lights and buzzers back, yeah baby.

• 4 weeks later...

f/o/s wheel bearing replaced, brakes servo vacuum pipes replaced, tracking done. The temp gauge has started to play up again, not that long since I had a new sender unit and thermostat fitted, central locking has packed in and rear wash wipe water pipe needs re-attaching. just need to save money to get the jobs done oh and it need insuring at the start on next month, anyone got any spare cash they don't want (sterling please lol). Other than that I am still in love with it 4 1/2 years after buying it which is the longest I have owned a car in 42 yrs of driving,

f/o/s wheel bearing replaced, brakes servo vacuum pipes replaced, tracking done. The temp gauge has started to play up again, not that long since I had a new sender unit and thermostat fitted, central locking has packed in and rear wash wipe water pipe needs re-attaching. just need to save money to get the jobs done oh and it need insuring at the start on next month, anyone got any spare cash they don't want (sterling please lol). Other than that I am still in love with it 4 1/2 years after buying it which is the longest I have owned a car in 42 yrs of driving,

Were they gen stat and sensor? Funnily enough had my front bearings done, o/s was the noise but did both. I put my grille back to standard but put new logo badges front and rear. White carbon from inside gone and just got a brushed aluminium wrap for ashtray. Trying desperately to get the seats clean, those white bits are a real pita, still the auto glym I tried this time did a good job on carpets at least. Oh and I put some pattern part indicators on because I was getting condensation, front looks so much better without those dirty edges I had on the old ones.

Also got my whiteline rarb fitted - brilliant. Think that's about it, as above I'm very forgiving of my car because I love it. With new bearings, rarb and strut braces on car is tight as a drum and a very positive drive, going well too.

• Like 1

Mine's in for its Warrant of Fitness today, and the original rear discs and pads replacing!

Bloody hell Rob...would of thought you've replaced or uprated them already :D  :D even I have...couple of years ago.

Were they gen stat and sensor? Funnily enough had my front bearings done, o/s was the noise but did both. I put my grille back to standard but put new logo badges front and rear. White carbon from inside gone and just got a brushed aluminium wrap for ashtray. Trying desperately to get the seats clean, those white bits are a real pita, still the auto glym I tried this time did a good job on carpets at least. Oh and I put some pattern part indicators on because I was getting condensation, front looks so much better without those dirty edges I had on the old ones.

Also got my whiteline rarb fitted - brilliant. Think that's about it, as above I'm very forgiving of my car because I love it. With new bearings, rarb and strut braces on car is tight as a drum and a very positive drive, going well too.

would fancy uprated f&rarb's and front strut brace but just don't have the cash, suppose I could try selling swmbo :)

• Administrators

The following has been done and running very smooth now. (New to the forums)

x4 Coil Packs under recall
x1 temp sensor (green)

x1 Hazard Relay Switch

and fitted a lupo double cup holder.

Edited by DeanVRS20VT