All Activity
- Past hour
-
Rare parts ? That you got/ what can you get ?
Then I think you should just drive it. It's not true that without vacuum assistance the brakes don't work. You just have to push much harder on the pedal.
-
Kamiq Vs Karoq
Has anybody gone from a Kamiq to a Karoq or visa/versa. How does the ride and drive quality compare. Was it the right or wrong decision in your mind. Reason I'm interested is after 7 trouble free years with a 12tsi Yeti and moving to the 15tsi Karoq I'm not as over the moon as I should be with my decision, however I must say the ride quality is defiantly better!!
-
royread started following Kamiq Vs Karoq
-
Amazed Skoda has become so BAD..
Comparing Oranges & lemons with a 1.5 TSI ACT or a 1.0 TSI with a DSG from different model years then 2.0 TSI or TDI,s with DQ381,s from different model years.
-
-
2 Cylinder Mode…..
No point comparing 1.0 TSI or 1.5 TSI ACT,s with a DQ200 DSG from different model years and 2.0 TSI,s or TDI,s with DQ381,s from differebt model years. Changes happened several times to what ever drive trains and DSG.
-
Cambelt / Timing Belt Quotes
Just check the actual change interval. While mine is not a diesel (1.4TSI) i only did my T belt at 300,000km. You may get a bit more out of the old one yet.
-
2 Cylinder Mode…..
What exactly do you see when in two cylinder mode??
-
royread started following 2 Cylinder Mode…..
-
wiganspur joined the community
-
Power steering light illuminted on dash, it comes and goes
Over the years I have replaced all 4 of the wheel sensors on our Yeti, sometimes using Bosch, other times using no-name and to be fair all have worked okay. Having said that, the price difference isn't massive between them.
-
rabbituk started following Power steering light illuminted on dash, it comes and goes
-
Amazed Skoda has become so BAD..
Since reading this post I have been observing the DSG behaviour more closely. Now I have a 2.0 TSI 4x4 Sportline so a wet clutch DSG rather than the dry clutch in the OPs car, so my observations may be specific rather than general. The DSG seems to respond to throttle position to decide when to change up, rather than actual speed or absolute revs (until the redline). If I apply a lot of throttle ie over accelerate but not foot to the floor, it can rev to 3000 rpm before changing up, if I ease off a bit it changes up whilst still accelerating, ease off more to maintain the speed and it changes up again. If I pull away gently, in a 30 limit, behind a slower vehicle, with minimal throttle applied it changes up below 2000 rpm but does not go above D4. When the limit changes to 40, slight throttle pressure to increase speed and it changes up only when I ease off having reached 40 mph. It seems driver throttle inputs will trigger DSG gear changes, which is identical to how my previous torque converter autos worked.
- Today
-
Jaguar, will it survive?
It has to be one of the most faithful versions of a prototype I've ever seen make it to production, so well done, Jag, for that. It is astonishing how small it is inside, considering it's about the size (and shape?) of a static caravan outside. I think they missed a trick by letting the 'embargo lifted' reviews show relatively muted colours. For me, after going in such a bold direction, they should have ensured that every video and photo review contained bold or unusual colours. Funnily enough, I've just dropped my Jag off for its 3-year service and MOT. I asked if they were sticking with Jag and getting a Type 01 in, to which I was told sometime next year they would have one in the showroom. I was then asked if I was interested and to which I replied I had a V8, supercharged, sleek coupe in for service....they read the room correctly and said "....ah, OK". 😆 I also can't afford one
-
Mercury009 started following varooom
-
Enzo200500 joined the community
-
Dsg reset
Sounds logical Derek by the way thank you very much for your help and information on the subject I done the reset and there is a noticeable difference at slow speeds in town for instance 👌 my thinking was i don't use the car often enough as it's a second car when its cold the transmission is at its worst but improves as it warms up thanks again Derek your a scholar and a gentleman 😊👍
-
Fars1r joined the community
-
Mib3 Map Updates 2026.06
Some additional 2026.06 updates (for some RoW countries) out: Australia -> https://download.updateportal.skoda-auto.com/maps/OI_P177_AUS_202612_Offline_Update.zip Asia -> https://download.updateportal.skoda-auto.com/maps/OI_P177_ASIA_202612_Offline_Update.zip India -> https://download.updateportal.skoda-auto.com/maps/OI_P177_INDIA_202612_Offline_Update.zip South America & Mexico -> https://download.updateportal.skoda-auto.com/maps/OI_P177_MRM4_SAM_202612_Offline_Update.zip The _202612_ in the filename appears to be incorrect - but the file contents appears to contain June 2026 data... Discovered via Skoda update portal. Enjoy!
-
dugeem started following Mib3 Map Updates 2026.06
-
Fabia 2011 1.2 TSI - DSG 7 speed gearbox help
Hi yes agree with all those things, we have done a few, I think the best thing is to contact the local dealer whose stamps are in the boot and see if they will provide me with a breakdown of what they have done, the previous owner was in her 80's so has not kept all the paper work... Thanks for your replies.
-
Dsg reset
I notice that resetting a VW Group DSG gearbox has ben discussed online ever since this type of transmission was introduced and there are numerous YouTube videos describing the required resetting procedure (example here) https://www.youtube.com/shorts/eJBc-IusOZA It is commonly claimed that the software of the ECU that controls a DSG transmission uses fuzzy-logic that allows the transmission to adapt its behaviour to a driver's driving style, but that would mean that a 'poor' driver could cause the transmission to adapt negatively and function worse than when using its original baseline settings, or that a 'good' driving style could result in the transmission's original behaviour improving. The following comment appeared in 2015 on a VW-related forum Some have said that the DSG transmission adapts to your driving style but this is incorrect. The DSG transmission shift behaviour adapts to variables like internal wear, D or S mode, and other input factors like throttle position and rate of change, uphill or downhill, and applies these variables over an existing shift map. Learning or adapting to your driving style is the wrong term since it would mean acquiring new knowledge that wasn't present before. The transmission cannot learn anything new, it just applies variables to existing maps. The perception of a reaction to driving style is the result of the change in a number of variables applied to the shift maps. So Yes the transmission adapts but not how most people think. Although "learn" might be used in marketing literature, it's not the right word to use when describing technical operation. As the video says, if your car's DSG gearbox is behaving in a way that you think it should not (eg. the shifts are jerky) it would be worth using the reset procedure to see if that improves matters. But, whatever the cause of the jerkiness, it won't be because the gearbox has learnt 'bad habits' from the car's driver(s).
-
1.6 TDi Greenline glow plug replacement
I was intending using my small torque wrench, building up to a maximum torque of 30 NM on a hot engine. And if that doesn't free it, spraying it and trying again a day or two later... Although that is a good point about the T-bar for a purer turning force. Especially given the extensions required to clear the top of the engine, plus pipework. The trouble is, I'm not at all calibrated when it comes to how much torque I'd be applying with my hand on a T-bar. Edit. Thinking about it, I have a screwdriver type handle as part of my socket set. I'm pretty sure there's a low limit to how much torque I could apply with that. It's raining today. So I'll be trying this on the next dry day...
-
Cambelt / Timing Belt Quotes
Might be time for me to take a holiday!
-
Front consul bush which way do they fit Mk1 1.2htp
No stranger to seizing bolts. Usual 1/4 turn out lubricate and back in again then repeat. Worst ones are the ones that thread protrudes through to other side which I normally clean up first. So far any work done and bolts are remarkably good and have come out fairly easy. Alasdair
-
Mk2 Octavia underside maintenance
I might give dynax a go then over the top of my jenolite if it’s that easy to apply and a bit cheaper than hydrate 80. How does s50 work then and where would I generally use it you mean inside of cills and arches?
-
Jaguar, will it survive?
I think it's a distinctive design but not keen on the rear end treatment, and the harking back to the long bonnet of the E-Type seems an unnecessary design flourish IMHO. I do like the efficiency of the 1000HP motors giving a 300+ mile range "at highway speed". Would I buy one if I had £130,000 to spend on a car? No, it's styling is just too "weird" for my taste.
-
Fabia 2011 1.2 TSI - DSG 7 speed gearbox help
It should be on the records as done or not done. Also what other Service Campaigns, maybe track rod ends, maybe Heated Seat Elements if there are heated seats. Then there was a fan issue. But if '34F7' not done and DSG OK i would still not touch it. For a 2011 1.2 TSI There is can update of the Timeing Chain & tensioner. might have been done. There should be armoured Plug Leads, especially on cylinder 3. This was an update. When were the Spark Plugs changed? When was the Air Filter changed or the brake fluid replaced. These are the first service things i would do.
-
Mk2 Octavia underside maintenance
You could choose hydrate 80 or jenolite. Jenolite is good, so you might want to save your money, and save even more by going to Dynax for the underbods, and S50 for cavities. Dynax and S50 are available 750ml spray cans, so it's easy as lanoguard to apply, and if yu were using one of those hand sprayers, it doesn't dribble over your hands so much. 3 cans of jenolite should go a long way. Some people won't put any coating over it, and just retreat the necessary bits each year. I think you might need to rinse with alkali solution to neutralise the acid, but a chemist could give better advice. Do you use a trolley jack for lifting?
-
Key replacement
Thanks - double checked. My LV policy covers lost or stolen keys. Just need to be careful. I have a hefty excess on theft - so if that applies to keys, its probably not worth it. D
-
Jaguar, will it survive?
Fair old bit of EV tech in the car. Bit quicker than my old Type S I reckon..... https://media.jlr.com/jaguar/news/2026/10/jaguar-type-01-new-era-begins One‑of‑a‑kind: Jaguar Type 01 is a luxury four‑door GT like no other. A bold new grand tourer that never arrives unnoticed, like all the best Jaguars of the past Exuberant proportions: Low roofline, short front overhang, long bonnet, extended rear overhang and 23‑inch wheels. Presence and drama from every angle Pioneering foundations: Unique JEA body architecture and state‑of‑the‑art propulsion to deliver the original design vision Boundary‑breaking: More than 360 patent applications to make Type 01 the most technically advanced Jaguar ever engineered Most aerodynamic Jaguar: Active Vanes, three‑stage deployable spoiler and airflow optimisation delivers drag co‑efficient of 0.23 Drives like a Jaguar: Two dynamic characters. Deep reserves of power. Refined comfort and 50:50 weight distribution. The essence of Jaguar Power in reserve: Most powerful Jaguar road car, with up to 1,030PS and 1,365Nm. Type 01 pulls from 62‑112mph (100‑180km/h) in 4.0 seconds – 0‑62mph (0‑100km/h) in 3.2 seconds Electric freedom: 850‑volt architecture and 118kWh usable battery deliver an expected EPA range of up to 400 miles. Sustained highway speed range of up to 320 miles Central spine: Cabin is split into four individual spaces with longitudinal brass‑effect anodised aluminium finishers emphasising Type 01’s scale Crystal clear: Single glass 24‑inch OLED screen optimises brightness and clarity. Central seven‑inch smartphone‑style touchscreen controls key functions Sound stage: Jaguar Immersive Sound System envelops occupants, with Sensory Audio and the automotive‑first full‑width, full‑range Panoramic Soundbar Made in Britain: Type 01 is designed, engineered and built in the UK
-
Front consul bush which way do they fit Mk1 1.2htp
I just undid the 4 M8s to release the whole driver's side mount from body, then jacked sump up carefully. If I did it again I think I would also unscrew the dogbone mount to allow easier movement. Watch out also for the front bolts seizing on their way out. Abort early if this feels like it's happening.
-
Fabia 2011 1.2 TSI - DSG 7 speed gearbox help
Hi thanks for the attached, neither of the 2 stamps seem to show the 34F7 stamp, I could contact the dealership and ask them to confirm.
-
1.6 TDi Greenline glow plug replacement
Agree with using the penetrating oil but, when the time comes, use a T-bar wrench so that you apply a pure torque, this minimises the risk of snapping the glowplug. 🤞for you!