All Activity
- Past hour
-
Photography Thread
Stone Cross windmill looking rather splendid in this afternoon's Sun: And on the way back I counted 67 Coot and two Great Crested Grebe on Shinewater Lake: Oh and not forgetting these two: Didn't expect to see them, otherwise I'd have taken some food as they came over to me, so seemed interested. Gaz
-
Amazed Skoda has become so BAD..
I gave mine a tankfull of Tesco Momentum a little while ago and honestly I didn't notice any difference, either in performance or fuel economy!
-
Wheel refurb colour change
didn't think about grey even harder to choose now lol.
-
aboenaam joined the community
-
Wheel refurb colour change
I seem to like grey, ie gun metal grey, it tends to suit many body colours. My car is Deep Sea Blue Pearlescent - which means that it looks black most of the time, and its winter wheels are gun metal grey nowadays.
-
Amazed Skoda has become so BAD..
Are some folks using super-unleaded petrol? I put a tank of the Costco stuff in ours and I honestly think it went a bit mental - the throttle response seemed so much sharper. I switched back to ordinary fuel and it took a while to calm down again. I can't say I noticed (or remember) gear shift points changing though.
-
Wheel refurb colour change
Hey everyone I need to refurb my alloys, but I don't know if should stay Black or change to Silver? any feedback is helpful thank you.
- Today
-
Exhaust Backbox
Cool I have standard diffuser so sportline or l&k would be an upgrade for me! It would have to be dechromed of course! @tombee and myself can fight it out who gets which one and perhaps we can go half’s on postage!
-
Superb Matrix Headlight
Hi guys! Quick question. I have a 2020 Matrix headlight and the numbers are 3V1941015D 3V1941016D. Sadly in an incident both are cracked and i want to buy used one. Hardly i found both and it was made in 2024 but the letters are not the same. (3V1941015E, 3V1941016E) Is it plug and play if i buy the 2024 or do i need to code something? Thank you!
-
Rubaj started following Superb Matrix Headlight
-
Exhaust Backbox
I can't see any difference between the L&K and Sportline - are there differences you expect to see and I can go looking for them? I just thought it was just down to accents and colours (i.e. black pack on Sportline, Chrome on L&K). Certainly the towbar cut out is just a hole in the area you wave your foot for virtual pedal. Literally have to lay on the floor to see it and wouldn't be able to tell otherwise.
-
MUSAB@1990 joined the community
-
200ps Diesel vs 190ps Petrol - Superb mk3 facelift post 2021
Hi, My googling suggests the 190ps EA888 is very different internally and externally from the other versions, being focused on efficiency rather than power. Are all post 2021 using the 7 speed DSG?
-
200ps Diesel vs 190ps Petrol - Superb mk3 facelift post 2021
Traditionally, diesels are for higher miles but the gearing on the DQ381 will be decent for longer journeys. If you were on the 7-speed DQ381 then no change. If you were on the DQ250 6 speed, it was required to be serviced every 40k miles and the 7 speed is officially every 80k miles but most stick to the 40k service period. The 190bhp I presume is an EA888 engine which is a decent block. Waterpump issues are a known fault but there are some decent replacements. Not sure on the the remap potential but the turbo only looks to peak around 230/240bhp.
-
Advice on/Experience with engine replacement 2.0 TDi
Hi defsix. (Real capital acknowledged!) Thanks for info. Sounds like an excellent outcome for you with that fresh engine. Did you do yourself?
-
Windows
One (or more) of the windows needs its 'one-touch' operation resetting. This should reset it Close the window: Pull the window switch all the way up to the second detent until the window is completely closed. Keep holding the switch up for about 2 to 3 seconds after it shuts. Open the window: Push the switch all the way down to fully open the window, and hold the switch down for 2 to 3 seconds once it is fully open. Repeat closure: Pull the switch up once more to fully close the window and hold it for 2 to 3 seconds at the top.
-
-
Exhaust Backbox
Are they similar to the sport line shape? Or more like standard? I’m local to @tombee so perhaps they could serve us both depending on how they look!
-
Exhaust Backbox
I did check the donor bumper - and took me a while to notice that although its off a pre-FL L&K it doesn't have the cutouts so not from a 280. you're welcome to my old one with the tow-bar cut out. You'd never notice unless you lay down under the car. Either that or you can have them both - the one without the cut-outs you can use as a test for trimming and my old one for a fallback. I'll be swapping the parts over this weekend so aside from the 3-week delay, a mountain of swearing and grazed knuckles and then having to get someone capable of doing it, it'll be free from the car pretty soon.
-
Windows
I have a 24 plate Karoq and the windows fail to open when holding down door open button on key fob. It's happened before and rectified itself, but now it won't. New Panasonic batteries in key fob and all windows set to open in settings. Window lock off. Any suggestions??
-
-
Amazed Skoda has become so BAD..
@NottsIan I agree with your assessment, something isn't right. I have read that the throttle sensitivity can be adjusted. As I mentioned previously the when DSG adapts to towing it changes up later and down sooner, but it reverts to normal after about two days.
-
the truth about electric cars
Be interesting to see if UK adopts a diesel scrappemage scheme again. Talking to an Irish Taxi driver a few months ago he had just acquired a Toyota BZ4 and benefitted from a 10k Euros scrappage on his Dacia Logan / Sandero scrappage which was only a few years old. Seems even to me that scrapping a say 3, or 4 or 5 year old car is excessive. UK scrappage scheme was only £2k i recall and there are a few smoky old diesels on the road that should be fixed or scrapped. Another thought is that if the UK was to introduce Anti Dumping on EVs it would create a windfall tax receipt of thousands of Chinese EVs coming out of Cystoms Warehouse at the UK docks. Having been part of the Customs team at Portbury where we gad up to 100k vehicles in stock could ve a tidy sum just on the ordinary customs duty front !
-
the truth about electric cars
My old firm Ceva is absolutely dedicated to reducing carbon footprint print and whether that is going full EV, or using HVO or LNG in the case of ships that can load up to 4,000 tonnes of fuel at a time. I think diesel needs to be there in case we have a "nuclear" winter caused by war or natural disasters like Icelandic volcanos or the Atlantic warm water stream stopping as it is due to in the next 2 or 3 decades which would lower SE England average temperatures by about 10 C. We would need all the energy diversities we can get.
-
4 million cars recalled for steering bolt corrosion
-
Amazed Skoda has become so BAD..
@minsy something doesn't sound right with your car. My Karoq is similar mileage (6500 in 2 yrs) and the DSG is nothing like yours. On a light throttle it will change up at just over 2000rpm. To get it to not change until 3000rpm requires either sport mode or a lot of throttle! My main use of the paddles is to force a lower gear when going uphill as I find the DSG sometimes doesn't change down early enough! Did you get yours from new? if not, then as suggested above, maybe the previous owner was heavy footed and the DSG needs to re-learn your driving style
-
the truth about electric cars
I'm afraid that the whole diesel thing has not been thoroughly thought through at all. If what you would like to see happens, it won't be long before everyone involved will object to the impact that their decisions have had on life as we know it. Just sit and think of all the things that we take completely for granted today that are actually only possible because of the use of diesel. Everything from goods in shops, to mayor superstructure, roads, bridges, and buildings etc. We should all be very careful of the things we wish for, as most of them will come back and bite, and bite hard.
-
Set of 4 "New" (13 miles) 18 inch Dofida Alloys (Superb MK4) complete with Pirelli P7 tyres
Hi On 11th September I picked up my new Superb SEL estate. Before collection the dealer took off the 18" Dofida Alloys and put my 17" Ratikons from my old Karoq. Now I have driven the car for a month, and I will not be changing back to the Dofidas. The photos show the label still on the alloys showing a manufacture date of 14th July 2026. The details are 4 x 18" Skoda Dofida alloys c/w Pirelli P7 235/45/R18 Tyres. No centre caps included The wheel bags will be included in the sale. Price = £950 PS - If you look on other topics you will see my history on the Karoq, alloys and my new Superb !! Collection from Southampton or would deliver within 20 mile radius
-
- No crank no start
-
Amazed Skoda has become so BAD..
Nottsian I dont know the name of the hill but its the steep,long one on the M5 not very far from Torquay. My Karoq is not high useage buy any means [ 5600 miles in 18 months] and im beginning to dislike it more every day I use it. we have a very small gradient on the approach road to our street and the car s revving at 3000rpm in 2nd gear unless I use the flappy paddles. The Wifes Fabia DSG is in 4th on the same road. For the life of me I cant understand why a much less powerful car can be in a higher gear than the Karoq under identical conditions. The fabia is in top in no time at all, mine just seems to hold on in a low gear for as long as possible.