All Activity
- Past hour
-
Heathcliffe joined the community
- Today
-
Turn off electric range in Navigation
Yes, I've had to turn mine off a couple of times. I'll have to check on the car, but I think it was on the navigation settings, accessed from the 3-dots button. I'll look tomorrow if that doesn't work.
-
Octy-PHEV started following Turn off electric range in Navigation
-
Power tailgate opens randomly
This is reported from time to time. In every case so far it was because the key fob button was pressed when the key fob was in a pocket, the owner bent down etc. It certainly happened to me more than once. The central key fob button seems to protrude a bit and is really easy to press accidentally. I now keep mine in a small leather case and since then no problem. Are you certain that the opening was not caused by inadvertent pressing of the key fob button?
-
About to buy Octavia vRS
Hi mate, thNks for the pointers there. Brake fluid was done at 3 years, 25000 miles 👍🏻
-
Danger_MouseUK joined the community
-
Fitting twin horns
Many thanks, that makes more sense. So since Skoda just parallel the horns the AI suggestions of using 2.5mm ² is not fact based. PS how do you get the correctly formatted superscripts for wire sizes?
-
Photography Thread
We arrived at precisely the right moment! For around 5 minutes the sky was absolutely spectacular although within a couple of minutes it was like someone had turned out the light.................
- Activating SmartLink on Swing 3
-
Scratch started following Activating SmartLink on Swing 3
-
Scratch joined the community
-
Octavia vrs 21 plate front disc size?
The easiest way is to measure them
-
OEM+ android auto options
I'm looking at getting a superb mk2 so I'm just doing some research on installing an android auto unit. At the moment I have a 2008 BMW E61 530d and I have an MMI box which piggy backs of the original screen and uses the cars fibreoptic auto cable so there is no audio quality loss and I just need to press a button to switch between the MMI box and the original infotainment. Are there any similar options like this for the superb mk2? Or are any of the double din replacements actually worth while, do they keep the audio quality and also keep any of the original infotainment information? I've read about the MIB STD2 unit. Is that just a unit from slight later skoda models that comes with android auto?
-
Dolomite__ started following OEM+ android auto options
-
Dolomite__ joined the community
-
General queries
So I’ve got a 2014 tdi vrs with 106k miles , white with black pack and canton sound. , I do about 7k miles per year, vast majority are motorway miles. Ive owned it 7 years and serviced myself every year. I changed the glow plugs at 102k Clutch peddle sometimes goes spongy and only returns to half way point (once every couple of weeks) , I assume it’s slave cyclinder next to clutch? I have never changed the fluid and the level hasn’t gone down? It’s still on original clutch. I am now also having to top up the coolant , likely about 1lr per year, again I assume it may be egr cooler leaking as no signs of contamination on oil filler cap, any other quick checks I could perform? The water pump / timing belt was done at about 50k before I bought the car, is it due a new one. Just wondering potential costs for new clutch / slave cyclinder? New water pump / timing belt? I love the car, just wondering if it’s now time bite the bullet and get a newer car , possibly cupra Leon estate 150bhp , just wondering if it will compare?
-
almil started following General queries
-
Is there an update to Infotainment System (5Q0035842A / H24) newer than 0241?
Does anybody have a link for de 0253 frimware ?
-
-
Hybrid_Mouldy started following First time poster
-
henriv joined the community
-
Hybrid_Mouldy joined the community
-
Fitting twin horns
0.5mm2. BR is the universal wire colour for earth. The 11 in the box is to fuse 17 in the E Box. Which would be the engine compartment fuse box. The other end of the fuse is connected to the car battery, so is a permanent live.
-
Retrofit BCM Problems
I have acces to dealer ODIS, CRACK ODIS, VCDS and VCP. witch means I should have both of the VAS
-
Dan13 started following Skoda Octavia Mk2 (2004 - 2013)
-
Retrofit BCM Problems
Do you have a VAS6154a or b?
-
Retrofit BCM Problems
Replacment due 10color ambient lighting and after replacment reverse Light doesnt work. PLA and camera work only via Car moving backwards(esp signal). Heated front window lights up but after second turn itself off. Midleconsole buttoms (autohold and doorlock) doesnt illuminate orange
-
About to buy Octavia vRS
Welcome. I would not be so sure a Motability car has not been ragged. It might be one Registered Keeper and any amount of drivers and the disabled person maybe never in the car. My Motability cars were Never Raced or Rallied, well not much. As to Servicing was it just Oil & Filter changes at Flexable / Variable Servicing. Motability do not want them serviced on Fixed Servicing. Unusual that Motability would agree to a DQ381 DSG service before the 80,000 miles. Was the brake fluid changed at 2 years or 3 years? Where the Spark Plugs changed at 40,000 miles, then at 65,000 miles? You need to be sure that the Motability car was leased the full 3 years and not returned early so not Motability having the service cand MOT done before the car went to BCA.
-
Evolution13 started following About to buy Octavia vRS
-
Retrofit BCM Problems
What problems are you having? Why the replacement? Error log readout?
-
Cairus started following Retrofit BCM Problems
-
Retrofit BCM Problems
Hello, I was retrofiting BCM with SW175 to SW0236 on 2016 superb estate. New BCM 5Q0907084CG was codet with dataset from another superb and filter to my Car where I was able to do CP. But because the dataset from another car was not similar I have same issuers. I’m looking for prcoding via Vctool or pr coder dataset via VCP but I’m not able to find something witch would work. Thank you fór your advices.
-
Emil1 started following Retrofit BCM Problems
-
Dsg / mechatronics reliability
Aye not a cheap fix or something I could do myself so it's putting me off a dsg
-
Hi newby here
I fear corrosion will get mine eventually, had a steel coolant hose rust through and subframes starting to get scabby
-
Which winter wheels?
Thank you all for your input. They're not in stock yet, but I managed to pre-order a set of the Michelin Pilot Alpin 5 tyres from Costco in Aberdeen. They kindly let me have them at their discounted sale price, even though the sale will have ended long before the tyres arrive. At under £700 for the full set and fitting, I couldn't refuse. I'll try to remember to add a review here in the new year after the tyres have had a good work out ☃️
-
General ramble
So I’ve got a 2014 tdi vrs with 106k miles , white with black pack and canton sound. , I do about 7k miles per year, vast majority are motorway miles. Ive owned it 7 years and serviced myself every year. I changed the glow plugs at 102k Clutch peddle sometimes goes spongy and only returns to half way point (once every couple of weeks) , I assume it’s slave cyclinder next to clutch? I have never changed the fluid and the level hasn’t gone down? It’s still on original clutch. I am now also having to top up the coolant , likely about 1lr per year, again I assume it may be egr cooler leaking as no signs of contamination on oil filler cap, any other quick checks I could perform? The water pump / timing belt was done at about 50k before I bought the car, is it due a new one. Just wondering potential costs for new clutch / slave cyclinder? New water pump / timing belt? I love the car, just wondering if it’s now time bite the bullet and get a newer car , possibly cupra Leon estate 150bhp , just wondering if it will compare?
-
Infotainment model?
Amazing, thank you.
-
About to buy Octavia vRS
Hey folks, newbie here. Currently own a 2018 Golf GTE. About due to swap the car out for something else, and I've always wanted an Octavia vRS. My goodness the second hand market has gone nuts! I would normally get a car thats about 3 years old but can't afford that now! So, been looking around, got a Skoda dealer about 20 minutes away.. They had on their site, a red 2019 with about 42000 miles on it at around the top end of my budget but it had some optional extras that I wanted like heated seats, heated steering wheel and heated front screen and the upgraded Columbus Nav and Canton speakers. Now, the main one I wanted was the heated seats, the others would be nice but not a deal breaker and I'l be using Android Auto anyway and audio books on my commute so the uprated MMI isn't essential. Anywhoo, went down to the Main Stealers today and... It had sold! Went on the website then sold the same day. But on the lot was one in the beautiful blue.. 2019, higher mileage but about 7,000 miles less than my 2018 GTE at 82000 miles. It was so new to them, the salesman didn't even know it was there! However, he was able to get the records for me to show it has a full Skoda service history, had the DSG oil cchange at 50,000 miles, new spark plugs at about 65000. So, I have enough of a problem with impulse control so fortunately, the universe put the brakes on to slow me down.. He's going to get a price for it tomorrow (Monday) and a price for part ex my golf. I've done a car report checking it for outstanding finance, taxi use, stolen etc etc and its all clear as it seems. It also seems that it was used as a mobility vehicle before so between that and the FSH, I guess it hasn't been ragged and has been well taken care off. So tomorrow, if they come to me with a decent price for it and an acceptable price for my GTE, then I could be getting a new to me vRS as soon as tomorrow 👍 I will miss the fuel economy from the GTE (easily 60mpg on my 60 commute to and from work) and the virtual cockpit but other than that, tech wise I think it'll be very similar.
-
Thinking about an Elroq, but...
Weird isn't it.
-
Hi newby here
Hi Skoda buddy Tried to p/x my intelligent vehicle for a Mk3 due to complexity issues but the main dealer salesman only sold 5 years and younger. The old ones are the best Make that models “Simply (too) clever (by half)”