All Activity
- Past hour
-
the truth about electric cars
VW Group have had plenty time now to sort out Snagging Faults with the ID Buzz, and all the other VW Group new models or new generations with faults / issues. Now they have a new issue to get their Dealerships & Authorised workshops to deal with. Which Skoda's in which regions of the globe that might be affected would be handy to know. For Skoda owners / drivers.
-
the truth about electric cars
I think it's a pause in production of the Buzz to clear out existing stocks. Likely to be back being made in late 2027 / 2028 by all accounts?
-
the truth about electric cars
Dont kill the messenger. I am surprised the Times, C4 and others are peddling but then it is a click bait world. I am just getting the pop corn in to watch on !
-
When will Epiq be in showrooms.
I also believe so because that is what is said on the internet / dealers sites etc. Why not ask the Dealership near you what they actually know since their job is getting in new Skoda vehicles on tours of the UK & then Showroom & Demonstrator versions. If they can not say or do not know then who does?
-
-
the truth about electric cars
In US and even being extended non production for another year so 2028 before it may restart presumably if the Democrats get back in. European production and sales have been quite strong though tweaks to production schedules have occurred to match sales. VW are now producing a LFP battery chemistry with a 60 ish battery and range of only 200 miles on a good day so again production will be tweaked depending on how well that sales and presumably we will see sodium and solid state versions too eventually.
-
A VW Group Global Recall 2026.
As with any Global or World Wide Recall with VW Group you need to check see if your vehicle is involved and The Globe includes the EU / Europe / UK and not just a Service Campaign where eventually you get a RECALL message or not. Skoda Secret Service Service Campaigns. Need to know basis. The Dealership Service Receptionists might not know.
-
the truth about electric cars
They must me reading your posts about the doom and gloom coming to us soon and decided that it was happening now. 🤣🤣
-
the truth about electric cars
-
the truth about electric cars
Might be worth another attempt. I heard that the buzz is no longer being mzde, support might be difficult soon.
-
Superb 3V3 tailgate struts - Beware Autodoc
That sounds really frustrating, especially if the site itself confirmed that the parts were suitable after you entered the car details and registration. I’ve seen quite a few mixed opinions when searching for an autodoc review, so I’d definitely double-check compatibility with the VIN before ordering anything that can have several different versions. The return postage situation is also worth keeping in mind. Hopefully you manage to get the refund sorted without any further hassle.
-
Fenix2121 started following Superb 3V3 tailgate struts - Beware Autodoc
-
Show us your Kodiaq Mk11
With my weekend toy...
-
Windy-Miller started following Show us your Kodiaq Mk11
-
Auto Start-Stop not functioning
The BMS (Battery Management System) only charges the battery to around 80% - to allow some headroom for micro regenerative braking (weird but true!).
- Today
-
noni007 joined the community
-
Google Maps etc. in Virtual Cockpit
Ethernet or MOST virtual Cockpit
-
38 mph in 5th gear ?
i checked around the internet and the anti stall seems about right,Ai. said it might be regen. but thank you all for your replies, the only thing about having a duff motor is you see how kind people are at taking time out to write a reply to try to get you out of bother, my next challenge is a oil leak it seems to be coming from quite high at the back of the engine on the right side, tomorrow i will post pictures and video as i have a small endoscope and i have removed the big pipe that goes to the air filter box and i can see much better with the my normal torch and today i cleaned it as much as is possible with engine cleaner so i can see better where its from thanks everyone
-
Octavia8 started following Skoda Octavia Mk3 (2013 - 2020)
-
Google Maps etc. in Virtual Cockpit
https://github.com/harman-f/mhi2_altscreen_carplay Working POC examples. Google Maps Apple Maps Waze Maps
- Amundsen MIB1 Firmware update finally completed - MSTD_EU_SK_P6230 MU0490
-
-
Amazed Skoda has become so BAD..
The DSG issue drives me mad! I noticed from day one on my Karoq SEL how it revs so much before changing gear. My wifes 2024 Fabia changes at about 2000 rpm when driving . Also had the Karoq change down at about 75 mph on the Motorway when braking going downhill in Devon! Have been thinking about a change of manufacturer myself after 20 odd years of Skoda ownership.
-
minsy started following Amazed Skoda has become so BAD..
-
the truth about electric cars
Tried to persuade him to go for the Kia PV5 but no joy. IDs have had numerous issues with their software. VW been just about the bottom of the pile for their software compared to other brands but they finally seemed to have got it together with some Chinese help. The new Cupra Raval, ID Polo, Epiq seem to getting great reviews and maybe the new king of the small EV. Lets hope sales match the press reception lese VW etc or they may be in more trouble than they are now which is hard to imagine. Silver one S-i-L gone for so he will have to get a surf board I suppose. Dont know if he sat in the Kia but at 6'5" maybe his height might have been an issue in the Kia as I generally found Hyundai and Kia on the dinky size but I expect they have got better in that regard to accommodate, Dutch, Nordic and US supersized people, come to think of it I did have a Sportage on hire in Alberta /BC and it was roomy in the front. awful fuel consumption form its NA 2.4 litre engine but petrol was about the same price as bottle water especially in Alberta / Manitoba / Saskatchewan where they extract about 4.5M barrels a day and send nearly a million a day to Vancouver to ship to Asia, now missing out California to their loss. Shame don't pipe to Thunder bay to send down the Lakes to Europe.
-
Vulkano joined the community
-
Amazed Skoda has become so BAD..
Unfortunately a lot of the 'safety' and 'drive' profile systems have been mandated by the EU, as has the inability to turn them off permanently, meaning they are reinstated each time you start to car...
-
the truth about electric cars
Indeed, not giving much at all away but Excise cut expected I think. Not that helps farmers already running on RED diesel and claiming the VAT back so they are not paying any tax on their vehicles that run purely on RED. The excise cut would help the non VAT registered diesel driver and road haulage then many big haulage firms charge a fuel surcharge so fuel rises get passed on to customers and they would benefit from Excise cut not all haulage firms who have already negated fuel price rises. Extra VAT take already helping UK government coffers since 28th of Feb. I would expect fuel duty to go down from 52.95 p per litre to 44.6 per litre which with the VAT would mean a cut of over 10 p a litre but oil companies have to be watched to check they do not just trouser much of it as it appeared their profits jumped massively from Q1 to Q2 this year, be interesting to see their Q3 profits in a few days time. Looking forward to the zero VAT on electricity units and standing charge kicking in in 34 hours time.
-
the truth about electric cars
He may well need some luck with a Buzz - they do not appear to have a particularly good reliability reputation - I've seen a lot of posts about them dying for no apparent reason.
-
the truth about electric cars
Anyway. Talking about it will make no difference. Up sh!t creak without a paddle happens on occasions in the UK. Sometimes Labour in power & sometimes the Tories. People someplace will make a killing out of it as usual. The Labour Party are at their wee swarree. Balls, Buffets & Banquets.
-
the truth about electric cars
Times broadcasting a discussion with ex BP exec and Farmers union lead about what could happen with diesel cost and supply and rationing for "non-essential" users ie the public not engaged in essential services. My son in law picking a 80 KWh ID Buzz tomorrow to replace his diesel VW Caddy so he can keep working as he is self employed and no, or ridiculously expensive transport powered by fuel means not being able to get to work and get paid or net profit being squeezed massively....
-
Atenza started following Amazed Skoda has become so BAD..
-
Amazed Skoda has become so BAD..
I really don’t know where to start, I had an Octavia 1,4 from 2014 best car ever everything worked perfect for 12 years unbelievable and now the wife wanted a SUV type car so we went for the Karoq 1.5 sportline 2025 in hope that it could only be as good as the Octavia, but sadly NO. Infotainment is really CRAP, can’t save profiles so every time I start a trip I have to go in and set everything up, the excuse for this “safety and fuel economy”, every time I drive the car there is some kind of pop-up on the screen I have to read and confirm while I’m driving, is that safety ? Some times I get warnings in the virtual display “new car ?” but it’s there so short time that I can’t read it and there is no message log in the system, crap.. Also the Skoda connect doesn’t work all the time and specially when you need it the most, when the 3 years of Skoda connect is done it’s much cheaper buying a good GPS tracker and that you can follow 24/7, in Skoda connect you can only see your car when it’s NOT moving.. Sometimes when I play music from USB and a new number is starting I get 2 sec of noise in the beginning, the speaker system is really CRAP, wow… sound so crappy that I don’t know how Skoda can live with them selves, and it’s probably VW. The DSG changes far to late, driving normally in town the RPM goes up to 3500, that’s not necessary, my old Octavia 1.4 never went over 2200 before changing. ACC., I really would have been without it, I want the old CC back, why couldn’t they make it possible to choose. The ACC jams on the breaks and sometimes without any reason. Set speed after the road signs is really dangerous, I live in Spain and her when there is a exit from the main road they put speed signs of 40 km on the exit and when your are driving 90 on the main road and the system sees the 40 you can guess what happens, really dangerous.. Lane assist works really fine. Driver Assist is also really dangerous don’t ever use that it takes over the car and not in the good way. So I’m beginning to understand why Europe can’t sell cars any more and why China is overtaking because wow… all this shouldn’t be an issue.. I think I’m going for an BYD next time… Don’t ask Gemini what is crap in the Karoq, you wouldn’t like it. This was what I could remember to through up about, sorry..
-
Brake pedal soft but brakes fine. Doesn't pump up, no fluid leak - air in system or master cylinder problem?
Meant to add on the peugeot 205 gti if you used a lot of force on brakes it gradually sunk to floor. Listen around the brake cylinder. On hers theres a high pitched sort of whine noise which I assume is the fluid under pressure getting past seals. Try with engine off and pump till hard if possible and then apply a good bit of force. We couldnt hear it over the engine. Alasdair