Skip to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. Sergei_ joined the community
  3. Today
  4. Reading this I keep saying under my breath, Battery, battery, battery!....As above, many of us have experienced it, your electrickery issues are less likely to be the car, more likely the battery. Start with a good one and keep it on trickle if the car isn't used for a decent drive daily. Also ensure the car is locked overnight to properly shut down the power sapping systems otherwise they'll drain the battery quicker than dyno-rod if it sits around.
  5. Yesterday
  6. Not much to report. A few thousand faultless* miles so far. Had it in the UK in July, 35°c , air con cold as ice and getting unbelievably good fuel economy. Wasn't too long after getting it all back together so was a bit nervous but it drove flawlessly. Few small things I managed to sort. New bushes for the shifter in the cabin, one from the SDi originally. Tightened it up some more. Also found a "6 speed" knob on Amazon so snagged it. Was only 15 or so quid. It's basically the more modern VW gear knob with a boot to suit a mk2 fabia, it looks standard and considering it actually is a 6 speed now, fits perfect. My old 5 speed one was in bits this ages. Got a new set of spotlamps too, my old halogen ones were in bits this while, treated myself to a set of led spotlamps. Fit well and came with their own wiring loom. Now has a switch in the dash as well as coming on via high beam. Some disassembly required. Also replaced the fan resistor with one from a parts car. It hadn't worked on "1" in a year or so. Did a track day start of Sept at mondello. Car felt great, was able to stay out for much longer at a time and the new sway bars and other changes have made a pretty major improvement to how it felt on track. Without compromising too much on driving it every day. Gearbox felt much better suited to task than the 5 speed. Feels like Its finally where I've always wanted it to be. Still many much faster cars on track. One thing I only noticed recently with the colder weather coming in, it was struggling to get up to temp, staying mostly around 65-70°, heat wasn't great and would cause the coolant temp to plummet further. Should have realized at mondello when it wasn't getting past 90°c. So thermostat most likely, have one from darkside ready to go. Seems a bear to do in situ, and probably something I should have done when it was in pieces a few months back. Not doing big miles currently so not relying on it. Had to replace a CV boot a few months back but sounds like a joints about to go. Really wish the shaft I got when I was doing all was good, would save me a lot of hassle.
  7. Berwick and Edinburgh.
  8. Hello, I need a download link for this update: MEN3_EU_SK370_P1185L Skoda Scala 2021 1.0 TSI, 81 kW, DLAA. Why? The infotainment system is unusable. Infotainment keeps restarting. I have the old software: SW train: MEN3_EU_SK370_P0393L Hardware: 040 Software 1310.
  9. Ask what device was used for test and request they show you the test printout.
  10. That’s very good of you and happy to do that I would want the exhaust cut out with no towbar
  11. The 2500 pads are bad for dust and have a tendency to start squealing as well unfortunately.
  12. Couldn't agree more. Feel like I'm being fobbed off. Going to ask them what they class as a healthy battery and ask how they checked it.
  13. Provided that all vehicle modules are in sleep mode, 12.1 V standing voltage is about 55% SOC - I'd be very surprised if a genuine battery condition test, properly applied, would give a 'good condition' health report on a battery in that state!
  14. New cylinders arrived and seem to fit right, they're single bolt units where the old units were double bolted. Not sure if I should pop them in the milling machine and ADD another bolt hole or trust that one bolt with threadlock is enough to hold them in. VW evidently think it's enough, lol. It's impossible to get an unmodified union wrench on the flexy joint inside the torsion axle thingy. Either the axle is in the way, or you get hung up on the fuel tank. So the flexies had to come out, but that's probably for the best since they're in SOME state and we're going shopping tomorrow morning to see if we can replace them. Took some fire and stuff to get that to let go. I really need to get my vice mounted properly again. Happily I have an 'in' with the local garage and we managed to sneak in and have a go on this... So we have two fresh lines ready to go on if we can fangle the bends ok. Wish me luck, maybe functioning rear brakes tomorrow... the fronts will surely need the same care and attention. I just want to be able to drive it up and down the drive again for a bit to take the depression about the welding away. I need another payday and then it's new sills and a leather welding jacket so I can stop setting myself on fire.
  15. I got the unpainted matte version on the basis it’ll be most subtle. Just postage is good! Let me know which version you want (although I’ll check the one from the donor car is all good).
  16. So the car has been into the garage today. Prior to taking in I checked the battery again and it had dropped to 12.1 volts. Health check report said the battery was in good health and there are no error codes to report despite twice this morning getting front assist unavailable and monitoring alerts unavailabe!
  17. Not sure @Cairus , originally the exploit was on the Audi platform, not sure why Skoda was next. It's not my projecr, I'm just following, but they are looking for testers. I'm sure with your knowledge of the platform that you'd be a great help. There is a number of teams doing it and keeping it open source... Some are charging €200 or €300.
  18. I'm afraid I've not gotten around to it, the car was doing its stuff over the summer so no real chance to have it off the road. It'll probably be some time before Spring next year if I have any luck. Also, whilst I'm here: Last week, the wife ended up stranded with a flat tyre. Luckily, the wife got an nice AA chap within the hour who decided it was easier to just trailer it back home, so I can have a look. There was evidence of something like a bolt that pierced the tyre and I guess was slowly leaking until motorway driving accelerated it. Sod's law really, so got the front wheels off and replaced with a pair of CrossClimate 3's. The pair came to £312.88 from BlackCircles, primarily with a discount code, essentially making them about a fiver more than the previous Contintentals, so couldn't resist. I did notice yesterday while doing some errands that the steering wheel controls no longer work. Bit annoying, as I feel I'll need to take apart bits to try and see if something has worked loose, otherwise, I'll have to try and guess whether its the buttons themselves or perhaps the converter plug type thing. I really don't want to replace that as that was a couple of hundred pounds as far as I remember. Maintenance: £3800.46 (+£312.88) Upgrades: £5512.06 Miscellaneous: £863.46
  19. Thanks for the reassurance breezy Pete. i suppose I can move it on before the chain sags too much. My concern comes from the average weekly mileage over twelve years being about 40 miles, and the oil potentially never really getting very hot to keep the chain lubricated. I am probably spending too much time on AI search bots
  20. Yeah that’s exactly the same What i got. I forgot, I also change both top strut mount (at my expense). One car reporter also told me that it could be just resonance of the system and suggest to drive 150km/h
  21. MikiRistov joined the community
  22. For example mine vibration.. after all changes i now came from most 109km/h to 127km/h shaking i came to shaking from 100 to 142km/h.. We have changed: wheel bearings --> little less shaking control arm bushings / suspension arm bushing --> more shaking again Its hard to record to have best video 20260924_122212.mp4
  23. Well after my both front shock absorbers changed, vibration is much less. Ball joint and bearing will change 21.10.
  24. Cipano joined the community
  25. Waiting for your feedback if any better on your side after changes. I am waiting if they will come to something new what it could be wrong.
  26. Well I upgraded the radiator to to the higher core 190 model. It's still crap - overheating both oil and water on incline - even at 65 kmh. Towing van is 1300 max Inc stuff in it. Not impressed.
  27. I could set it up on the table, I could test it. Why Only Columbus, MIB2 STD also have MOST
  28. I am a out to buy a 2014 superb tsi s estate, with Only 27000 miles on an EA111 engine. should i worry about the timing chain?
  29. I got air in my ABS unit once and I can confirm it causes a soft pedal. The pedal can be pumped hard with the engine off but would sink soft as soon as the engine was started. A little engine start sink is normal, an inch or so due to the servo, but I mean much more than that. Normal brake bleeding won't help but a VCDS ABS bleed procedure immediately cured the issue. You say you've refitted an ABS unit, I would not hesitate in saying you need to do the ABS bleed procedure on it. It is not only VCDS that can do that, many OBD scan tools can do ABS Brake Bleeding.
  30. Hi, Can’t say if there’s fuel in the filter but there’s residue around the top. Does the filter need priming? I’ve been searching the net and think I’ve found the fuel cut off and what I think it is is picture below. If that is it there was not “click” when ignition turned on and off. If that is it any idea where I can get a replacement?

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.