What made you choose your username?

grr666

• 11 months later...

Unlike many who have their own first name in their user name, mine is in memory of my dad who passed away this year. He was an aged petrol head and loved his cars right up to the end, so I thought I’d use his name, which is also my middle name, as a fitting tribute to him.

• Like 2

On 17/12/2018 at 15:04, Warmonkry said:

Well my usual gaming name is WARMONKEY.........but a typing error on registration to this forum left me with what it is lol, DOH!!!

It’s only taken me a year to notice this but did you realise that Freedom members are able to change their username as part of the ‘benefits’?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My wife and I always go abroad with her sister and husband. I treat my brother in law as my own brother and best mate, and everything we do together is a challenge.

But that's because he always makes it a challenge, and I rise to it.

Evening meals and pints of beer are the biggest challenge.

He always tells me 'you're never gonna eat all that' - So just to prove him wrong, I do.

Some years ago my sister in law thought she could challenge me on a 'Steak' night. She lost, and that's when my forum name was born.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It just came to mind when watching Fawlty Towers  and used to be Lord Melbury but some people  

seemed to think it real so I just ditched the Lord. They would give me some stick everytime I mentioned 

my old Jag which was real.  (. Of course I was inclined to wind them up a bit.) 

• 1 month later...

Mine is the one i've used for years on all the forums i'm on, basically my initials and I had an 02 phone at the time, I just needed to think up a username quickly when registering on e-bay.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I honestly can't remember how I chose EnterName, but I do remember the first username I chose had already been taken so I just went through a process of finding a username that was both available and didn't read like a password.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

When I was a kid in the late '60's, early '70's, Scope was then known as The Spastics Society, and lots of shops would have a collecting box outside in the shape of a small boy with a calliper on his leg, with his trusty dog next to him that had a coin slot in the middle of its head for donations.

I have a disability that looks like Cerebral Palsy.  It isn't, I had a stroke at birth.  But if you don't know that, you might assume I have CP.

As a child I was often referred to as 'spastic'.  At Primary School I soon became Gaz the Spaz.  It had a ring to it.  In those days, nobody batted an eye at the nickname, myself included.  It was, in it's way, a bit of a badge of honour.

The name's stuck since.

Gaz 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, mac11irl said:

..... mixed feeling Gaz :D

You keep your hands to yerself! :D

G

• Cheeky 1