Retrofitting Cruise Control

I was just going to say a "Well done" to the dealer that did it for you.

However I see they have used the wrong stalk set for your car

Your original stalk doesn't have any Trip Computer funtions (rocker stalk and OK) and your new set does

So the parts they ordered are for cars without MFSW

I was just going to say a "Well done" to the dealer that did it for you.

However I see they have used the wrong stalk set for your car

Your original stalk doesn't have any Trip Computer funtions (rocker stalk and OK) and your new set does

So the parts they ordered are for cars without MFSW

Well yes it does have the extra rocker switch on the right hand side, but that is the part as told to them by Skoda UK. Not particularly bothered by it tbh!

Was wondering what it was for though, now I know!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by Mikebham

Well yes it does have the extra rocker switch on the right hand side, but that is the part as told to them by Skoda UK. Not particularly bothered by it tbh! Was wondering what it was for though, now I know! Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

As long as you are happy that is the main thing

I don't go what Skoda UK say, I just know that is the wrong stalk

Spoke to my dealer today who said that they couldn't get the correct stalk as it was on back order from VAG so I'm gonna pick the car up Friday.

Then when the parts are in they're driving a courtesy car to mine to pick up the vrs and take it back to the garage for fitting and bring it back again and leave me with a full tank of fuel (it's 260 miles one way to mine from the garage).

The only real issue I have is that they'll put 520 additional miles on it doing this and my PCP is 10k which is fine for me but it might just push me over

Spoke to my dealer today who said that they couldn't get the correct stalk as it was on back order from VAG so I'm gonna pick the car up Friday.

Then when the parts are in they're driving a courtesy car to mine to pick up the vrs and take it back to the garage for fitting and bring it back again and leave me with a full tank of fuel (it's 260 miles one way to mine from the garage).

The only real issue I have is that they'll put 520 additional miles on it doing this and my PCP is 10k which is fine for me but it might just push me over

I always get my cars on 10k/year PCP to save on monthly cost. My car is company funded, gotten away with doing low mileages for some time now but can see that changing in due course.

What I do at the moment is transfer 80 quid a month from one current account to a stagnant one (changed banks a few times over the years and this is one account weve not cancelled....a savings account might well be a better bet but with the lack of interest they are all offering right now its neither here nor there). The cash accumulates and I dont touch it.

The intention is that should I find myaelf at any point being well over my agreed mileage and need to hand the car back to VWFS for whatever reason I have a nice pool of money put aside to go towards covering any excess mileage.

@7.2p/mile 80 quid would cover an additional 1111 miles/month. If I kept the car to the end of the term and decided to hand it back with heavy mileage financially id be covered to do approx 80k rather than 35k as per the agreement.

I may or may not need the money depending on how bad the situation is so it either ends up that the cars cost me a bit more a month to run (as it would have done with that agreed mileage on the PCP) or i have a pot of money to do something with (over 3k) down the line.

Of course youve got to have the spare income to channel away but its something that works for me at least.

PCPs though are a bit of a gamble, sometimes you win sometimes you dont but there are things you can do to mitigate against excess mileage.

Edited by pipsyp

As long as you are happy that is the main thing

I don't go what Skoda UK say, I just know that is the wrong stalk

Nice work but a real shame it's the wrong stalk

I've found this in the instruction book, looks like possibly for future reference the "A" needs to be removed from the part number for people with MFSW? 

The instructions are a bit vague, but could be a what it's referring to?

I'm not going to make a fuss over mine, just glad I now have it. But could be useful for others waiting.

Copyof2014-02-12175708.jpg

Copyof2014-02-12175743.jpg

Edited by Mikebham
  • Like 2

Did they give you the CD/DVD? Be interesting to see what it is on it :-)

I thought the same too. Unfortunately the "Disc" it mentions in the part number was not actually a CD at all, it was just a pair of 1 use only codes for the dealer to use in their VAS (?) system to activate it on the car, and the instructions on how to use the software. 

• Like 1

I paid about £328 - I had a discount card for 10% off from when I bought the car though, plus they reduced it slightly as a good will gesture.

I believe the total cost before discount came to about £375 in the end.

"Ouch", really, £195 extra for not having to wait for a factory model, I don't know about Mike but Rob (the OP) didn't want to wait hence, the £195 is just the cost of NOT waiting or, not wanting to MOT his old car now, only he knows the condition of his old car and whether its worth it or not.

As I said back on post #15 not cheap but, it depends on the discount available for taking the showroom model, Rob's had optional extras of spare wheel, front armrest & 17" wheels or about £800 worth, I upgraded to the Elegance spec which holds another grand in value after depreciation over 3 years so, its pretty cost neutral between the pair.  Or as the saying goes, "you pays your money and takes your choice".

Regards

T

• 1 month later...

Yes is is possible to code cruise on Octavia 3, Their has been some miss built Octavia se models form the factory sent without cruise. Their is info on skodas desktop on how to code cruise I printed the piece of paper with all the coding instructions. I know it works because I fitted a cruise control switch last week and coded as per the info supplied by skoda.

I went to Westover Skoda in Bournemouth and gave them the part numbers supplied on this thread and they basically said it can't be done yet on the OC3 with multi function steering wheel??

I apparently have to wait until they've completed the programming/testing for the standard cruise retrofit which would go with the non multi function steering wheel cars?? There will then be another option for cars with multi function steering wheel and maxi dot display.

I'm not sure if I believe them to be honest although it does seem that none of the dealers are confident enough to take this job on yet although all have admitted Skoda are working on it. 

I did advise them that a dealer had managed to do it on an owners car, however they still wouldn't take on the job, most odd!

Edited by Telboy5
  • Like 1