Moments of joy in your day today

mender

31 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

I characterised this as "The Disaster"; after all Ingurlundshire will be neeping on about it for the next 60 years...

Just looked up scotlands competative record ,leave it with me will get back to ya sometime  😂

Edited by Mickvrs220
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

I characterised this as "The Disaster"; after all Ingurlundshire will be neeping on about it for the next 60 years...

Well Scotshire have won naff all for ages so the above just sounds like sour grapes. 

25 minutes ago, skomaz said:

Well Scotshire have won naff all for ages so the above just sounds like sour grapes. 

No its time for the fringe i bet kens on the comedy stage 😂😂

• Haha 1

Well, the thread title is ‘moment’ of joy...

Checked on the Premium Bond app for the list of high value prize winners, and there it was. £25,000 win -

location Hertfordshire, Tick.  

Winner’s holdings, exactly the same as what Mrs B holds (which is not a ‘round’ number).  Tick.  

Mrs B had purchased the same sized ‘chunk’ of bonds containing the winning bond. Tick.  

Yes! 

Unfortunately, individual winnings details aren’t released until tomorrow, but being impatient, I sorted out the list of her holdings.  The winning bond number is not on her list!

Euphoria over, as was the ‘moment of joy in my day’.  But what a set of coincidences.

oh well, there’s always next month, I suppose

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, Titanium_Man said:

Returning to work after 4 looooong months off on the sick :dance: 

Back to the old job or did you make the career change?

In either case congratulations!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, sneal said:

Many congrats to you both.

I trust there’s a glass of something special to hand 🥂

yeah, water and a delicious chicken biryhani as im booked into work tonight 🙄

• Like 1

Insurance all sorted out. Been offered at £984.19 (more costly since I pay monthly) without one of those black box things too. Accepted and will begin at the end of the month. Smashing. :)

Biggest kicker is that it's cheaper for other, larger cars, but the effort required to find something else I like is more than I'd like to put into finding another car. So a bit mixed feeling about all that. But still, cheaper insurance! :party:

Edited by AnnoyingPentium
  • Like 2

On 18/08/2022 at 17:08, mac11irl said:

its our 10 year anniversary!

thats flown by 😳

Congrats. I'm now past 50 and heading for larger numbers. 10 -20 speed up, but 40 plus go at speed of light.

23 hours ago, Gaz said:

And getting buzzed by one of the Red Arrows - photo from my back doorstep....

I'm obviously still a big kid 😁:

Gaz

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I'm obviously still a big kid 😁:

Gaz

you big child 😅

but tbf, id do the same. 

remember trying to film them out the window of a moving car in 2003 at the IOM TT, think they were on display every second day for race week.

• Thanks 1

managing to get my hands on a license for a piece of work software that we lost access to 3 1/2 yrs ago.

got a chuckle when IT support had to run the installer through a dos prompt as win defender wouldnt even let him run it as an admin :D

and then a massive ego boost when i did a comparison test of my semi automated excel version of the same thing against the proper software and my version gave the same results within about 0.1%  So i actually do know what im doing!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1