What did you do to your Non Skoda today?

meb90

I fully accept that this thread won't be as popular as the 'What did you do to your Skoda today?' thread, but as I can't find a similar one:-

What have you done to your Non Skoda today?

I'll kick this off with me adding sill protectors to my MK6 Fiesta.

Before:

IMAG2084_zpsxwned71p.jpg

After:

IMAG2087_zpsx4hwh2zm.jpg

Golf Convertible.  Took three of the wheels off cleaned then thoroughly, sealed with poor boys and then finished them off with Sonax BSD.  The fourth wheel I hear you ask?  No matter what I tried it would not come off and in fact I was closer to pulling the car off the jack!  I suspect it hasn't been off much in it's three years.  Cleaned what I could while it was on.

Well.. this isn't so much a car any more as a garden "ornament"

I'm stripping this for parts to use for my ur quattro and hopefully make a bit of cash back from the parts that I can't use.

12006214_10153533151440977_2534225024449

Saw the pic before reading the text... thougjt for a moment (mobile skin so small photo) thrred been an acxident with the quattro and some flammable material eeek!!

Silly phone.. :D

• Like 1

Fixed a squeak in the headlining of the Civic - been bugging me for ages intermittently (seemed to be temperature dependant) but turned out to be a plastic windscreen alignment clip that had come away from the screen and was rubbing against it.  Took a screwdriver to it and managed to free it off completely...

• 6 months later...

Thread revival! (OK not an epic one)

I had a leak on the blue Fiesta resulting in a very wet passenger foot well. Yesterday I took off the scuttle panel, cleared out all the rubbish from the scuttle drain and resealed the seal between the scuttle panel and windscreen, which had failed. We had lots of rain last night and the foot well wasn't any wetter so I think I've fixed it.

However today, we went out in said Fiesta, within 500 yards the GF said it didn't sound right. Sure enough it was misfiring! Turns out I'd be over exuberant with the hose pipe when finding the source of the leak, and there was water around the spark plugs :( Anyway, having dried the water up, it is now back to working happily :)

rode along footpaths and into the town pedestrian centre on my Rascal Taxi 3, then took the battery out of the rear of my Skoda  and put it on charge.

CRX Del Sol - re greased the TransTop riser threads and the tilter unit rubber pad ready for Summer :sun: 

Gaz 

looked at a new back box for the MX-5. Needs more noise but the exisitng exhaust is only 3000 miles old and really fancy the RF when it is released next year so is it worth spending the money now?

Lexus CT200h

Set up all the head unit settings to my liking after just picking up the car.

Trying to get used to driving a hybrid car economically. Not bad so far.

409850e1311b85665fdbbeaab3a9ad1a.jpg

Need to change the number plates as I don't like advertising companies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Stormchaser

Put a radiator back in it! Then warmed it up to test it didn't blow up everywhere, and turned it 'round. Five minutes of hard work, driving the big lump around a cherry-picker; involving 2 three-point turns with no power steering, on incredibly soft 9.00x20s... Worked up a proper sweat.

iZiPhh5.jpg?1

• Like 4

Wiped some little speckles of bird poo off of my non skoda.

Which brings up one of the greatest philosophical questions of the modern era...... Why do birds always seem to target with great precision a freshly washed automobile?