What bulbs are fitted to the S3 & upgraded bulb recommendations

46 minutes ago, JR RS said:

I'm not exactly sure wat u mean by near-side, centre-line and off-side - sorry.

Sorry, UK speak. Nearside is adjacent to the pavement / edge of the road, offside is the side toward the centre of the road. IN the UK, NS is left, OS is right.

just did the obvious thing, looked at the unit itself, and checked the OE spare parts list with local dealer, definitely one bulb Next question, is how easy is to replace it as a DIY job?

7 hours ago, stever750 said:

This. That looks a bit of a pita tbh. My car is parked on the road on a fairly steep hill, so I won't be doing it myself, if I can now be bothered to change them.

looks 

That's a good video :thumbup:

That particular car has SLA headlights, hence it has the green "ring" holder for the D3S globe.

Non-SLA headlights use a different, spring squeeze clip to hold the xenon bulb.

Every other process is exactly the same.

I've changed mine twice, one to retrofit SLA headlights, and 2nd time to change to Phillips xTremeVisions - so l'm familiar with the annoying process.

There is also a detailed How-to Guide in the "Superb Guides" section in this forum.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JR RS said:

That's a good video :thumbup:

That particular car has SLA headlights, hence it has the green "ring" holder for the D3S globe.

Non-SLA headlights use a different, spring squeeze clip to hold the xenon bulb.

Every other process is exactly the same.

I've changed mine twice, one to retrofit SLA headlights, and 2nd time to change to Phillips xTremeVisions - so l'm familiar with the annoying process.

There is also a detailed How-to Guide in the "Superb Guides" section in this forum.

Does the wheel arch liner need to be removed both sides or just the passenger (uk)?

1 hour ago, Danoid said:

Does the wheel arch liner need to be removed both sides or just the passenger (uk)?

yes, u need to remove the wheel arch liner from both sides if u need to change both bulbs. 

otherwise just remove the side u need to change.

u can see the back of the headlight in the image below.

it is possible from the top, engine bay, but access will b very very tight, and u risk damaging bulb, the holder or even much up the motor alignment inside the headlight.

Screenshot_20191204-081033.thumb.png.3ed4f0dddff835dbffbe18872e2a538b.png 

Edited by JR RS

8 hours ago, JR RS said:

yes, u need to remove the wheel arch liner from both sides if u need to change both bulbs. 

otherwise just remove the side u need to change.

u can see the back of the headlight in the image below.

it is possible from the top, engine bay, but access will b very very tight, and u risk damaging bulb, the holder or even much up the motor alignment inside the headlight.

Screenshot_20191204-081033.thumb.png.3ed4f0dddff835dbffbe18872e2a538b.png 

Ah, was hoping to get away with just one side but not a massive issue.

Getting rid of my OE bulbs replacing with the new Osram CBN that’s not long been out.

My head is saying get the Osram NBL but heart wants the “led look” 

11 hours ago, Danoid said:

Ah, esperaba salirme con la mía con solo un lado, pero no un problema masivo.

Deshacerme de mis bombillas OE reemplazándolas con las nuevas Osram CBN que no hace mucho tiempo que salieron.

Mi cabeza dice obtener el Osram NBL pero el corazón quiere el "aspecto LED" 

We have the same question...

On 25/01/2022 at 10:33, Danoid said:

Ah, was hoping to get away with just one side but not a massive issue.

Getting rid of my OE bulbs replacing with the new Osram CBN that’s not long been out.

My head is saying get the Osram NBL but heart wants the “led look” 

I thought the same thing but there is very little difference in the whiteness in a YouTube group test I watched so I bought the NBL

8 hours ago, Duggerchopz said:

I thought the same thing but there is very little difference in the whiteness in a YouTube group test I watched so I bought the NBL

This is the video I saw, he has an octavia too so projector (now whole housing unit) probably very similar to the superb.

I can see a big difference, there wasn’t a lot of difference between NBL and original CBI, but the new one is brighter and bluer, it’s still cool blue intense but labelled as CBN (CBI Next Gen)

https://youtu.be/EKVgD2TYMUI 

• 3 weeks later...

I can believe how difficult it is made the access to these bulbs ! Well, thanks for the tips and the images about the correct process to follow. I will see soon by myself as I want to improve the vision quality of my car. The car doesn’t have SLA lights only bixenon.  And like the most of you I also found the OEM vision quality very poor.
A couple of OSRAM LASER nightBreaker waits for 

I’ve changed every halogen external bulb for their led tech equivalent bulbs. Great lighting improvement. 

For the front fog lamps I get this NATGIC 2NG1210-H8-W very good improvement even if I would like a little warmer than it is.

I’ve also changed the reverse oem light to AGLINT 1156-5630-24W 

Turn signals are now AGLINT 1156-2835-42

Every item I list here is CANBUS, so no faults.  

F50E03F3-C3BB-47E5-839A-818726AD3935.jpeg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tried those NATGIC 2NG1210-H8-W LEDs and changed back to Osram Cool Blue H8 halogens.

LEDs looked brighter when observ them from outside of the car, but light distribution was better with Halogens when sitting behind the wheel. This is probably because halogens light the reflector better.

So if you want your car look cool, go with LEDs, if you need better light distribution on the road, choose good halogens.

Edited by Paikesejanku
  • Like 1

I’ve just purchased these LED units to replace the original standard units in the boot of the 280. Interestingly, they appear to be identical to the ones sold on the Kopacek website which are more than 3X the cost! They are much, much brighter and whiter than the OE units, even when I’d replaced the original W5W bulbs to LED’s; they were a pain to get them aligned properly too. The units are a bit tighter to get them in place than the OE holders and this is due to the case being slightly deeper but that’s no bad thing. 
Customer service was excellent too as I stupidly purchased the incorrect units originally and these were returned FOC and refunded very quickly. 

Edited by numskull
Typo

2 hours ago, MartiniB said:

recommending add second pair

I like that idea, and I did buy two pairs; unfortunately the link no longer works. 😟 The same units are available at a cheaper price from China, but I didn’t want to wait for 4-10 weeks for them to arrive one hopes - I’ve had many items never arrived from China - then having the possibility of being hit with import duty too.

Fortunately, the ones I’ve posted about arrived in just two days.  👍🏻

PS - do you have the link to your hatchback light mod walkthrough? 

Edited by numskull

• 3 months later...

Has anyone on here used the Osram CBN d3s bulb?

First time I’ve used the headlights in ages and forgot how bad my bulbs are.

I’m struggling to decide on my next bulbs either Osram next gen laser or cool blue intense (next gen aka cbn)

I must admit I like the LED look and these are street legal, but lower Kelvin gives more light hmm, not exactly cheap nor easy to fit so hard decision

I have Superb L&K 2018. Trunk bulbs are yellow and I want to change them to bright white LED, because it gets darker outside every day. Any good recommendation ? Is there any good manufacturer bulbs to use, Osram or etc ? 

Took one of the lights out and code is: 6L0 947 565

5 hours ago, superbuser35 said:

I have Superb L&K 2018. Trunk bulbs are yellow and I want to change them to bright white LED, because it gets darker outside every day. Any good recommendation ? Is there any good manufacturer bulbs to use, Osram or etc ? 

Took one of the lights out and code is: 6L0 947 565

I bought LED boot lights from Kopacek many many years ago - they're super bright and faultless.

1852327286_Screenshot_20220823-0717332.thumb.png.8d897d7905fe2cd0ffc0c884c2020e09.png

Hi,

I've this kind of lights for front doors on my L&K Mk3.

IMG-4439.jpg

It's a gift from a friend who had a Sportline (he ordered 4 items on Aliexpress but noticed he could have bought only 2 upon installation, since Sportline doesn't any lights on rear doors).

Thus I don't have any idea where he bought them unfortunately.

Could anyone share me link to find similar ones for my rear doors?

I'd be also OK for door lights without any logo as long as they are dual color (white LEDs for floor / red LEDS for safety and horizontal back lighting).

Thanks for your help ;)

Edited by Bap33

2 hours ago, Bap33 said:

It's a gift from a friend who had a Sportline (he ordered 4 items on Aliexpress but noticed he could have bought only 2 upon installation, since Sportline doesn't any lights on rear doors).

Did u retrofit rear door warning lights on urs?

None of the Superbs come with rear door warning lights - they just have dummy reflectors.

I had to retrofit the rear door lights in mine.

273295927_Screenshot_20220829-1022202.thumb.png.fbc543ff26a5696da6d14b6c8ff8c1a3.png

• Like 1