What annoyed you today?

Aspman

14 minutes ago, robt100 said:

I'd definitely recommend making a personal note of the meds you've had so far that you've reacted to. The amount of times in my old job I heard experiences of it not being noted down on medical records (or just plain ignored) next time anti-biotics were needed!

Yep I'm starting a list in 'Emergency / Allergies' info in my phone.

What's wierd is I've never had issues like this before...   And am starting to wonder if it's an age thing...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, skomaz said:

Yep I'm starting a list in 'Emergency / Allergies' info in my phone.

What's wierd is I've never had issues like this before...   And am starting to wonder if it's an age thing...

Just to be aware you may be allergic to some of the antibiotic 'packaging' for want of a better word. Antibiotic pills have various additional ingredients that make up the pill itself. Some people can be allergic to those other elements. Ditto with stuff in a bag, admittedly there is less to react to there.

An outside bet for sure but one to be aware of.

Happened to a friend of mine who was reacting badly to a vitamin suppliment. Took ages to suss the issue.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You know you have those times when nothing seems to be going your way?...

Well to add to the ****e week I've had our boiler sprang a leak this morning and we woke to water dripping in through the kitchen ceiling!

It looks like the secondary (hot water) heat exchanger on the boiler has either split or the seal where it fits to the rest of the boiler has gone - as it was dribbling away quite nicely...   I've therefore had to turn the cold feed to it off - so we at least have cold water available to us bit no hot water or heating.

Have phoned and messaged the plumber who sorted us last time but no response as yet - not surprising as I know he's pretty flat out at the moment as he was at my sisters on Tuesday and had been working to 11pm the night before.

Ah well - such is - at least I'm feeling better this morning after the third set of antibiotics kicked in and the allergic reaction to the previous lot started to subside!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3
  • Groan 1

5 minutes ago, skomaz said:

Never thought of that!...

However the plumber called back and is going to try to get to us tomorrow or Monday.

He also said if I've shut off the cold feed on the boiler and dried it out I can fire it up again so we at least have heating.  It also means, with the system we have, the hot tank for our ensuite shower will heat up as it's run off  the same circuit.  So we now have a warm house again and a shower that works.  😀

Woohoo...   I can live with that until the new year if needed.

Immersion heater in the HW tank as well? 

51 minutes ago, Colin170CR said:

Immersion heater in the HW tank as well? 

There is but it's not wired up and never has been... 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I've just turned a fish finger over, forgetting it was in the oven ten seconds earlier, so was still at a temperature that'd run Dungeoness B 😢

I've got a little pulse on the tip of my finger now.  I'm hoping to survive the experience/ordeal, but if I don't, it's been great 👋

Gaz

Hence the expression ‘Get your finger out!’🙄

• Haha 1

Filled up with petrol this morning, and trod in/slipped on a patch of spilled diesel, and got quite a lot on my shoes.  Stank the car out driving home!  Fortunately I could remove the mat and give it a good clean.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

The insanity of Christmas food shoppers in both M&S and Tesco - they fight for spaces in the car park and drive trollies in the shop like dodgems!

Calm down people, the shops are only closed for ONE day :wall:

i had to join them this morning in tesco.. but it wasnt too bad. girl at the checkout told me its because i was esrly - after 1030 it was going to get manic... no alcohol sales before 1030 (by law) means they dont get the crowds in until after that time. Christmas and New Years eve are being predicted by staff to utter chaos. as they are both on Sundays, there no alcohol sale before 12 noon... so you can imagine whats going to happen before that - till staff will be sitting on stacked slabs of abandoned booze and then all those punters will be back at lunchtime to buy it 🤣🙈

12 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

i had to join them this morning in tesco.. but it wasnt too bad. girl at the checkout told me its because i was esrly - after 1030 it was going to get manic... no alcohol sales before 1030 (by law) means they dont get the crowds in until after that time. Christmas and New Years eve are being predicted by staff to utter chaos. as they are both on Sundays, there no alcohol sale before 12 noon... so you can imagine whats going to happen before that - till staff will be sitting on stacked slabs of abandoned booze and then all those punters will be back at lunchtime to buy it 🤣🙈

Mmm, I bought two bottles of prosecco (for my daughters.,) yesterday in Tesco, and was back home before 9.30am.  Must be non-alcoholic prosecco, then.  Oh dear.

I spent my entire Xmas budget in one go today.

€1!!!

Up a million zillion percent from previous years.

I spent it on a tin of Lidl paste hand cleaner, the best stuff in the world and I only see it every few years, its usually 3 times that price and worth 10 times that! I bought 4 for myself and then was overcome with goodwill and Christmas cheer so bought an extra one as a present for my pal who has invited me for Xmas lunch, earlier I picked up a pink plastic tub wheelbarrow for his wife to collect the horse poo with, he is such a romantic!

To close this random drivel, on reading the ingredients of the handcleaner I discovered why it is so effective with a little water added (its a dry paste) without feeling abrasive, its made from sawdust 😯

Edited by J.R.
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Baxlin said:

Mmm, I bought two bottles of prosecco (for my daughters.,) yesterday in Tesco, and was back home before 9.30am.  Must be non-alcoholic prosecco, then.  Oh dear.

You must be in England not Ireland?

England

1566381189_Screenshot2023-12-22at21-19-12licencingtimesinshopsinenglanduk-GoogleSearch.png.bd2096f729fd5dc3a2d84656bfc262c1.png

Ireland

1752532659_Screenshot2023-12-22at21-18-36licencingtimesinshopsinireland-GoogleSearch.png.92bd17ec8b235bf90ccc65868633ac46.png

Edited by Stonekeeper
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Baxlin said:

Irish Law... ;)

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

I spent my entire Xmas budget in one go today.

€1!!!

Up a million zillion percent from previous years.

I spent it on a tin of Lidl paste hand cleaner, the best stuff in the world and I only see it every few years, its usually 3 times that price and worth 10 times that! I bought 4 for myself and then was overcome with goodwill and Christmas cheer so bought an extra one as a present for my pal who has invited me for Xmas lunch, earlier I picked up a pink plastic tub wheelbarrow for his wife to collect the horse poo with, he is such a romantic!

To close this random drivel, on reading the ingredients of the handcleaner I discovered why it is so effective with a little water added (its a dry paste) without feeling abrasive, its made from sawdust 😯

Can't say that I've seen that in my local store, this is one of their "Middle of Lidl" items I take it? Could you post a photo of it please?

I'm curious about it now.

Edited by Graham Butcher

17 minutes ago, Graham Butcher said:

Nope, that I have spotted in the W5 brand, but their stuff is normally pretty good, so if I see it, I'm so going to buy one and try it out.

Well the description on the Lidl site says one of the ingredients is sawdust 🤷

52 minutes ago, @Lee said:

Well the description on the Lidl site says one of the ingredients is sawdust 🤷

Yes, I saw that when @J.R.stated it was, I doubt that it is just any sort of saw dust, it might of a particular type of wood and possibly rather than just sawdust, maybe it is dust collected from sanding machines etc so is a particular size of dust. There are many cleaning products that are claimed to be made from natural ingredients and are sometimes featured on some of the shopping TV channels like QVC etc.  

26 minutes ago, Graham Butcher said:

Yes, I saw that when @J.R.stated it was, I doubt that it is just any sort of saw dust, it might of a particular type of wood and possibly rather than just sawdust, maybe it is dust collected from sanding machines etc so is a particular size of dust. 

So it's sawdust then 🤷

• Like 2