What have you done to your Superb III today?

My local fitter rated Vredstein too.  It's a small workshop so nowhere to stand but in the car park.

When I went for an alignment check at National Tyre a couple of years ago (slid a couple of feet on an icy hill and nudged a kerb resulting in an off-kilter steering wheel) they were happy for me to stand under the car and ask questions whilst they did the work.  Maybe us Northerners are made of stronger stuff :giggle:

• Like 1

Just has a re manufactured turbo from precision turbos  in Birmingham fitted, after DPF was completely blocked, get the car back today after over two weeks getting everything sorted

22 hours ago, freelunch said:

I'm not used to driving at rush hour in London. I could have walked to Catford quicker. 45 minutes to do a four mile trip. Okay, I could have run quicker. Unbelievable that people do that every day.

i'm one of those muppets that does that. its soul destroying. That said, id still rather that than public transport

Just now, DEANO24V said:

i'm one of those muppets that does that. its soul destroying. That said, id still rather that than public transport

I hardly ever use my car. I've had a tank of petrol last two months. London transport is excellent IF you can you can travel off-peak, which I do. And, it's free. One of the perks of being retired.

• Like 2

nice, a tank of diesel just about lasts me a week! off peak i suppose is more bearable as there arent 800 people per square foot everywhere! Thats the other point, the cost. its crazy they are trying to shunt us all off the roads but not making it financially viable to do so. 

• Like 3

Fitted my new 17" winter wheels and tyres ( GY. Ultragrip perfoenance+) Looks a bit tippy toes to me even though overall diameter seems very similar.  Had black steel on my prev car for 4 mths of each year so these are a stilla step up! 

Now if it does sleet/ snow/ice I can stop as well as start . 

Plenty of room for the big discs with 17" wheels. Even managed to swap the skoda centre caps over. 

Note added to insurer (Adrian Flux)  no admin cost and not bothered by new alloys. 

20191030_165306-COLLAGE.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KeteCantek said:

Managed to run the tank down to indicated 25miles range left. Filled to full at 64.5litres of tesco's finest 

So yes the car probably got a 70litre tank. 

Octavia Vrs245 (stage 2) yesterday 44.72 litres (50 litre tank) managed 404 miles with indicated 45 mile range left. Used 95 octane BP for the last 2,000 miles and averaging about 42mpg.:thumbup:Cost £56.75 or 14 pence per mile.:)

On 12/11/2018 at 22:34, nicknorman said:

Yea just what I was going to say. Mine is closer to 2500 at 70 with the 6 speed. Should help the fuel economy significantly on a motorway run.

Here's my DSG7 at 3.5k rpm in 7th

dsg.jpg

• Like 3

Today I had the two front tyres changed from the nearing-legal-limit Contisports to Primacy4s to match the rears, and then the pairs swapped front to back. 

Amazing the difference a few mm of rubber can make to the ride and feel! It feels far less harsh and crashy than it has in the past couple of months. 

Last night was picking my parents up from Heathrow, so a nice gentle cruise along the M25, 60 miles each way. 

Part way there I get an alert for low pressure on the rear left tyre. I stop at the next junction, check it and it's a little low, so stop at a garage to top it up.

On the way back, I get another warning, same tyre. 

Looking at it this morning (it's gone almost completely flat overnight, I could hear the air coming out last night when I got home) I was looking for a screw or something, but then I find where the air is coming from... 

Looks like a (very) dodgy repair to me. 

49005448227_cfce03bf72_b.jpg
49004700063_4ae7c74003_b.jpg
49005448382_c7441f66ef_b.jpg

As a comparison, this is what the rest of of the tyre looks like, completely fine.

49005448222_b3bc765a14_b.jpg

There is no way that it could have worn down that section of the tread in the 400 miles I've done, so I think I'll be having a word with the dealer as if that is what it looks like there's no way it should have left the dealer like that. That's an MOT fail too, surely?

Oh and to add to the issue, I can't fit the spare as 3 of the 5 nuts are on so tight that not even my impact driver will release them! 

That dealer should give you a tyre, for free and inspect the whole car again, because if they have missed that, what else have they missed?

Just now, tkn said:

That dealer should give you a tyre, for free and inspect the whole car again, because if they have missed that, what else have they missed?

Is it a Skoda dealer? You should contact customer service and raise a complaint 

Yeah main dealer, approved used and still under main warranty. 

It looks like the tyre has had pothole damage and has bulged at the sidewall and on the tread, hence the massively worn patch. Can't see that the wear will have happened in 400 miles though, and I've not hit any potholes bad enough to cause that damage. 

Changed central locking to open all 4 doors from annoying default one door only, found the electric button of rear left child lock accidentally switched on behind the mystery of my failed efforts on to switch it off mechanically and finally unchecked summer DST so that GPS based clock shows the right time again :) 

17 minutes ago, Rikochet said:

Switched the ear-screamingly noisy rear wiper for a Bosch A403H.  Ahhhhh - the sound of silence :) 

Thank you @Rikochet this is very helpful! Annoyed by the dragging noise too, definitely worth the tenner! On my way from Prime :)

2 minutes ago, ajordan said:

Thank you @Rikochet this is very helpful! Annoyed by the dragging noise too, definitely worth the tenner! On my way from Prime :)

No problems :) I tired everything with cleaning products to stop it, but to no avail. Saw some posts form other people here singing its virtues so decided to give it a try.

Also has the added bonus of being about 5mm longer, so greater sweep of rear windscreen for better visibility. That also helps my rear dash cam have a better image as well.

• Like 1