What have you done to your Superb III today?

19 hours ago, kentdale said:

Finally got a nice day today, washed and used Turtle wax graphene stuff for the first time, very easy to apply with no residue after buffing off.

Also dressed the tyres for the first time in 12 months.

pleased with the Turtle wax products.

IMG_20220821_155434.jpg

Mine badly needs a clean but I'm not sure the local "hose pipe police" would be too happy until we get a bit more rain.

Your garage must be wider than normal cos there's no way a modern car would fit in my single garage. 

24 minutes ago, Colin170CR said:

Mine badly needs a clean but I'm not sure the local "hose pipe police" would be too happy until we get a bit more rain.

Your garage must be wider than normal cos there's no way a modern car would fit in my single garage. 

I've been told even though there is a hose pipe ban, you can still use a water can!  :)  Old School bucket wash!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Awesam said:

I've been told even though there is a hose pipe ban, you can still use a water can!  :)  Old School bucket wash!

And fill it with a hose🤣

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Colin170CR said:

Simple answer to the garage size, 8 ft wide door and yes the Superb fits in for width with space to open the door, I built the house when I was 28 with my late Dad, builders for 6 generations.

As you mention most garages made too narrow  to allow more homes on the sites.

1 hour ago, kentdale said:

Simple answer to the garage size, 8 ft wide door and yes the Superb fits in for width with space to open the door, I built the house when I was 28 with my late Dad, builders for 6 generations.

As you mention most garages made too narrow  to allow more homes on the sites.

I'm so grateful my double garage was built extra large by the previous owners.

It's area size is 56m2 (8.7m x 6.5m)

• Like 1

Following on from previous post of buying spark plugs, air and pollen filter, I have completed them jobs. 

Car is at 28k miles, 6 hears old. Old plugs as expected, looks fine, coil packs wasn't too hard to remove on a cold engine (ambient 22deg ish). 

Plugs should last the rest of my ownership of the vehicle.

IMG_20220824_124550_(1400_x_1200_pixel).jpg

turned the aftermarket tweeters to fully active on Sunday (so they're connected to 2 more amp channels, not via their crossover). Did some tuning last night, including time alignment and some equalization. Better, significantly better. Need to EQ the midbass some more now, but this really is a decent start. 

Also tried the reflection values from the new high beam light; reflections at 2.2 km is pretty good I think. It was also a joy to drive up from Mikkeli via Pieksämäki the other night - it was almost dark, the sky was a glorious grey / red combo and the light made things much nicer. Photos to follow when it's really dark!

Imminent new tyres, so decided to have the horrible Greenline rims sprayed.

BTW ... I keep them on because they consistently deliver a 3mpg improvement on my (necessarily long) journeys.

20220825_142304.thumb.jpg.f6f22c5fae871c6f5f0969cc3ed0e4ff.jpg20220825_151126.thumb.jpg.1244a712c0c64fc7e9758f142193144e.jpg

29 minutes ago, CB_4x4 said:

Imminent new tyres, so decided to have the horrible Greenline rims sprayed.

BTW ... I keep them on because they consistently deliver a 3mpg improvement on my (necessarily long) journeys.

20220825_142304.thumb.jpg.f6f22c5fae871c6f5f0969cc3ed0e4ff.jpg20220825_151126.thumb.jpg.1244a712c0c64fc7e9758f142193144e.jpg

+3mpg?! That's amazing and I would keep it regardless of how they look ... 

• Thanks 1

I have recently switch from iPhone 8 to iPhone SE (Mk3, as my Superb 😁), but this morning I didn't managed to make the first BT connection.

I had however removed my former iPhone 8 from the phones list in the phone menu of the Columbus before. 

BT is activated on my new IPhone, it is set as visible from other BT accessories. I tryed several locations in the cabin to improve detection, but it failed evrytime (6-8 attempts though).

Can anyone remind me where the BT Unit is? Shall I try to connect it with the USB cable for the first time?

Is there a specific process I missed? It can't remember having had troubles to connect my former iPhone or my Samsung (professional phone) more recently.

Thanks for your help!

14 hours ago, Bap33 said:

I have recently switch from iPhone 8 to iPhone SE (Mk3, as my Superb 😁), but this morning I didn't managed to make the first BT connection.

I had however removed my former iPhone 8 from the phones list in the phone menu of the Columbus before. 

BT is activated on my new IPhone, it is set as visible from other BT accessories. I tryed several locations in the cabin to improve detection, but it failed evrytime (6-8 attempts though).

Can anyone remind me where the BT Unit is? Shall I try to connect it with the USB cable for the first time?

Is there a specific process I missed? It can't remember having had troubles to connect my former iPhone or my Samsung (professional phone) more recently.

Thanks for your help!

Problem solved. I had simply forgotten to unhide my Superb BT module. Thus it was looking for my iPhone, which couldn't get any signal, since my S3 was "invisible"...

Now everything is back to normal operation. 👍

Note: connecting with USB cable doesn't bring anything at all as long as S3 BT module remains hidden. 😜

• Like 1

Well done, I can see the improvement on the leather seats, a good heat source and a good massage usually removes any stubborn marks or dents in the leather. I've done it before and will probably need to do it again when I get some time. I use the Autoglym leather cleaner and balm, but I've used some extra fine olive oil before which worked really well in nourishing the leather.

22 hours ago, SomethingSuperbly said:

I've used some extra fine olive oil before which worked really well in nourishing the leather.

And did you get any spots with olive oil? It's really fat...

Hi all,

New pics with final rendering this morning (leather nourishing cream applied late yesterday evening).

Driver's seat cushion (outer side, it's a LHD ;)

Before:

IMG-5897.jpg

After :

IMG-5904.jpg

Sorry the sun was lighting in opposite direction. It may change the impression.

Driver's seat backrest :

Before:
IMG-5898.jpg

After:

IMG-5905.jpg

Passenger seat cushion:

Before:

IMG-5899.jpg

After:

IMG-5906.jpg

Quite satisfied for a first try! 

13 minutes ago, Bap33 said:

And did you get any spots with olive oil? It's really fat...

So only in the aftermath did I read in various posts that olive oil may actually damage the leather... Thankfully I didn't experience any spots or any serious issues, I used it as an emergency (extra virgin olive oil!) because the alcohol hand gel I had used on my hands had started to destroy the leather on the steering wheel.

Edited by SomethingSuperbly
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bap33 said:

Hi all,

New pics with final rendering this morning (leather nourishing cream applied late yesterday evening).

Driver's seat cushion (outer side, it's a LHD ;)

Before:

IMG-5897.jpg

After :

IMG-5904.jpg

Sorry the sun was lighting in opposite direction. It may change the impression.

Driver's seat backrest :

Before:
IMG-5898.jpg

After:

IMG-5905.jpg

Passenger seat cushion:

Before:

IMG-5899.jpg

After:

IMG-5906.jpg

Quite satisfied for a first try! 

What product did you use?

3 hours ago, Nick_H said:

I've filled it up with 95 😮

Ooof, I feel your pain. Had to do that during the recent petrol 'crisis' when Tesco ran out of '99 😒

I filled up with 59.68 litres of CostCo 97 RON this morning (162.9/ltr). I'm hardly driving these days so this is the first time I've filled up for two months.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Colin170CR said:

What product did you use?

9 hours ago, Bap33 said:

Meguiar’s Gold class.

I also have some Chemical Guys Sprayable Leather Conditioner & Cleaner, but not used this time.

Maybe I should complete first application with an application of some Chemical Guys product... 🤔

But don't get fooled by latest pics. The best improvement is thanks to my heat gun. ;) 

Drove it home from Heathrow. No great drama, I hear you say. Except that it was parked up there for two months. And it's on the original battery, which is 5 years old. 

I'd made sure my jumper was fully charged before we went, but it wasn't needed. Didn't even need to use the fob to open the doors. Genuinely impressed. 

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

14 minutes ago, BriskodaJeff said:

Drove it home from Heathrow. No great drama, I hear you say. Except that it was parked up there for two months. And it's on the original battery, which is 5 years old. 

I'd made sure my jumper was fully charged before we went, but it wasn't needed. Didn't even need to use the fob to open the doors. Genuinely impressed. 

Impressive. I'm on my 2nd battery after the original died on my drive during lockdown 1. 3-4 years is about all you seem to get out of the cheap OEM batteries.

1 hour ago, BriskodaJeff said:

Except that it was parked up there for two months. And it's on the original battery, which is 5 years old. 

You probably could have paid for a couple new batteries for the cost of parking for two months!

• Haha 1