What have you done to your Superb III today?

11 hours ago, Bap33 said:

DCC mode!

Dynamic Chassis Control is setting for suspension mode

color changes are married to Driving Profile, what were correctly pointed by @JR RS

• Thanks 1

Oh... Then that's a translation issue. By "Driving profile" I thought you were talking about the profile 'attached' to the key and all related settings (seat, rear view mirror, etc.)...

One point for both of you guys! 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bap33 said:

By "Driving profile" I thought you were talking about the profile 'attached' to the key and all related settings (seat, rear view mirror, etc.)...

👍

That would b the Driver Profile.

All good.  It's not a competition with points.

We're all here to learn and help.

:) 

• Like 2

Just changed rear discs and pads. Standard spannering stuff although one of the caliper sliding bolts is located in a difficult spot for removal and refitting. One of the brake lines is situated right behind it which makes attaching a ratchet difficult.

On the plus side I didn't need to remove the whole caliper assembly to get the disc off, just the sliding section.

Also managed to find an up-to-date Ross Tech VCDS tutorial for this very task supposedly detailing steps to follow with IDS protocol, which it doesn't, but I managed the blag my way through it anyway.

Next two jobs needed are above my pay grade - clutch pack replacement and crank seal oil leak. Will leave those to the professionals.

Edited by Gammyleg
extra item added.
  • Like 1

I had the original 18" Propus Aero alloys replaced with 19" Cepeus. I used to have 19" Trinity (i think) wheels on my previous Superb and always thought that looked better and the intention of switching them on my current model was there tight from the beginning. But spending gbp2k on a new set of alloys plus tyres for aesthetic reasons is a bit of a luxury so it didn't happen until now, three years after buying the car. I'm pleased with it.

PXL_20230406_081302186.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

2 hours ago, WolfK said:

I had the original 18" Propus Aero alloys replaced with 19" Cepeus. I used to have 19" Trinity (i think) wheels on my previous Superb and always thought that looked better and the intention of switching them on my current model was there tight from the beginning. But spending gbp2k on a new set of alloys plus tyres for aesthetic reasons is a bit of a luxury so it didn't happen until now, three years after buying the car. I'm pleased with it.

I wish you all the best with cleaning these alloys :)

• Haha 2

Just completed 1500 miles to/from the French Alps. 4 adults and a 5 year old, A full loadspace and with secondhand Mercedes roofbox with 4 pairs of skis. Weather on the way out was very windy in Northern France - horizontal windsocks, but improved on 2nd day. Arrived at destination just as it was snowing, but got away without snow socks or chains. On the day of the return journey, there was 6 inches of snow on the roads at 12:00 but by 16:00 when we left, it had gone and the roads were dry, such is the strength of the sun at that altitude. Typically drove at 75 mph on the autoroutes as wind noise from the roofbars/box became excessive at the legal 81 mph. Otherwise, there was only one short traffic jam on the A43 travelling west from Chambery. We have one of those Peage 'T' tags and as far as I recall we only had to stop once at a peage and then only for a few seconds. The worst hold up was for British/French border control at Folkstone - about 30 minutes. The car is an absolute joy to drive especially on the run up to the resort. There's so much power that the steep gradients are taken in their stride, even when heavily laden.  As always, the busiest roads were in the UK - M20, M25, M1.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, WolfK said:

Never going to envy you cleaning those boogers. 😳

28 minutes ago, numskull said:

Never going to envy you cleaning those boogers. 😳

Had my 19" Trinity's powder coated black. Hides the grime for a good while & the wider spokes make for easy enough cleaning when the time comes.

25 minutes ago, numskull said:

I love the Trinity’s; they look fab when they’re clean. One of them has worm just starting so that’ll have to be fixed. 

After two diamond cut refurbishments I decided to go black powder coat. They look the biz & match the paint - ish. Next job is to do something about the rusty hubs. Since this pic was taken they now have Skoda centre caps stuck onto the plain black wheel centres which looks better. 

IMG_1068.jpg.e20e26feba588159eb1c97684e8ab921.jpg

• Like 1

On 07/04/2023 at 15:08, unclerichy said:

Washed it for the first time since last year - I do few miles so it doesn't get that dirty. Please ignore the paint swirl marks, the whiteworm on the alloys and the bent chrome strip on the rear door. It is 7 years old after all 🙂

IMG20230407145305.thumb.jpg.84c9756620c91ceb7a3b464e96b54fce.jpg

Of course I polished up the exhaust tips.

IMG20230407145316.thumb.jpg.6d9bc559a41ddc4fd4ff391311753dfd.jpg

Stunning. I have the same wheels! 

On 10/04/2023 at 20:25, Colin170CR said:

After two diamond cut refurbishments I decided to go black powder coat. They look the biz & match the paint - ish. Next job is to do something about the rusty hubs. Since this pic was taken they now have Skoda centre caps stuck onto the plain black wheel centres which looks better. 

IMG_1068.jpg.e20e26feba588159eb1c97684e8ab921.jpg

Will likely do the same with mine before long, perhaps gunmetal. 

I was dead set on swapping out my factory 19" Trinity for 19" Supernovas when I bought Gandalf many many years ago - but I've grown to love the Trinity and I think it's the perfect fit for the mk3 Superb.

The Trinity is here to stay for..... infinity!

1118651622_PXL_20230319_0333433952.thumb.jpg.d5ce2e601eadd402b959051dd2a9a05a.jpg

Edited by JR RS
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My Combi lost the ability to lift the tailgate just a day before the MOT (it sailed through).

My mechanic was quoted just shy of £600 for a pair of powered lifters, or £130 for manual ones.

I sourced a new pair from ebay for £215 (I offered vs £230) they arrived inside a week (FOC delivery via Evri and arrived on time)

Fitting took me just under half an hour, armed with a tiny screwdriver, and a blunt chisel to pry the plastics. Hopefully that's another few years of service 🌞

• Like 2