Infotainment System Restarting endlessly

13 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

At this point it's vital that you have a full or very well charged car battery or a battery charger attached so that the car doesn't shutdown halfway through the process. Ignition needs to be ON, the Engine needs to be OFF (NOT RUNNING)! 

DO NOT START IT DURING THE PROCESS. 

When I updated the iV, I had it on ignition on as it was processing. After 5 mins it warned me it was turning off due for eco purposes. I then started the engine to avoid that!  Not sure if I should have done that...

Edited by flyingscot

1 hour ago, flyingscot said:

When I updated the iV, I had it on ignition on as it was processing. After 5 mins it warned me it was turning off due for eco purposes. I then started the engine to avoid that!  Not sure if I should have done that...

Not sure about the iV. On cars with only the 12V battery, starting the engine during the update process would definitely cause a voltage sag which may or may not interfere with the infotainment system.

Had car updated to 1941 by dealership just over a week ago. No issues until right now.

Currently driving in France from UK and cruising along the motorway and then......

Loud POP! POP! from the speakers and followed by 'Emergency Call Activated' on dashboard screen.

FFS.

So bloody fed up with this car.

• Sad 2
  • Crying 2

2 hours ago, BritishBeef said:

Say no more! Got a call from dealer today that my car is ready. They said Skoda did some coding remotely and they also installed 1941. Of course they repeated 10 times that they tested the car extensively and all is working great. As usual after service, I got the car with maximum privacy mode switched on, so before leaving I set up everything as I used to have. Just some 10 seconds after I switch privacy mode to unrestricted, on-off loop began again :)

Receptionist, when witnessed the problem, asked if I want to leave the car with them or I want to take it. I told them that, as usual, I will enjoy having a car for a couple of days and I'll bring it back.

6 hours ago, sergio77 said:

Buenas, yo tengo la 1896 y tambien sufro de reinicios.

¿Donde podria descargar la nueva version de sotware?

Gracias

Better let your dealer do it under warranty. They might take a week to do so, but at least you won't have any troubles with them later if something else needs to be done.

3 hours ago, BritishBeef said:

I'm taking mine in to the dealers in a couple off weeks to do a few jobs under warranty and [hopefully] install s/w v1941 - and it was only two days ago, after a couple of reboots of the infotainment system, the radio turning itself on and a warning that both DRLs needed checking (when they're fine) did I add to my note to give to the dealer "My confidence in this car is waning, again!"  I should be using your wording 😂

I think I might have said In this forum (or thread) before, this Octavia Mk4 is the best car I have ever owned - but it's also the worst.

Hopefully, after the dealer visit the car will swing back towards the "best car..." again.

I'm starting to think that those who have experienced faults after the new software was installed, may need to have  new hardware installed as well. 

Ive not had any pop pop or other glitches so far. 

• Like 1

So I had my car updated on the 5th of July. Immediately after update I had an OTA for user manual which went through okay and updated successfully. Only had an issue on the day of the update when infotainment started up with black screen twice and had to do a manual reboot. I do contribute this to car not having a deep sleep cylce (to purge the system) for now as all systems work flawlessly since then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

First solution for my car was to change mib. Maybe for others that is the problem exactly. For me it was useless, but i don't believe they throw out their money that easily. So far i'm on 1941 for 7 days, only about 300km, and everything is perfect. 

P. S. Didn't have to much problems other than multimedia bugs, other things makes this car so good so i am generally very happy with it. To bad for sw problems... 

• Like 1

Sorry mates to highjack this thread. I’m trying to update my navigation database (currently 20.8) but no matter which pc I tried, the update portal ain’t resp9nding. Can any kind soul share the latest offline navi database with me?

IMG_0152.jpeg

4 hours ago, stridercombi said:

Sorry mates to highjack this thread. I’m trying to update my navigation database (currently 20.8) but no matter which pc I tried, the update portal ain’t resp9nding. Can any kind soul share the latest offline navi database with me?

IMG_0152.jpeg

Is that using your vehicles VIN number? If so then like the message says there's a server error. 

Feedback on 1941 (Octavia Mk4 MY23, Received December 22', H58 hardware version and 1898 SW Version):

While for atleast 4 months i had almost zero issues except sporadic random reboots of the infotainment, after the latest OTA i received, i started getting the very very often 1 to 3 reboots, shortly after entering the car and initiating the car play interface.

So i installed 1941 on the 27th of June, and until today i have had zero restarts. The whole infotainment feels a bit snappier as well.

Thanks again!

• Like 1

No reboots on my end, too since isnstalling 1941 - can't say there is a noticeable difference (swiping through menues looks like 30FPS) in general performance compared to 1896 but I don't really use the built in features since AAW works better for my demands. Still happy with the sound setting fix and no reboots and didn't expect more. This car teaches you well in expectation management^^

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UrgyMcKnispel said:

@stridercombi

Can't you access the site at all or does the error show up at some point?

Been trying for several days. No luck. I can reach the site to enter my VIN. Once I hit enter, internal server error, always.

1 hour ago, TheWanderer said:

Is that using your vehicles VIN number? If so then like the message says there's a server error. 

Yup. Keyed my VIN and that’s it. Internal server error for several days already.

21 hours ago, flyingscot said:

When I updated the iV, I had it on ignition on as it was processing. After 5 mins it warned me it was turning off due for eco purposes. I then started the engine to 

Then it's a server fault. From what I've been told the files are from November. 

You may want to try using the VW navigation site. 

• Like 1

On 04/07/2023 at 21:04, Popovski said:

So am I the only one who is having 1941, but there are still reboots? I've called the dealer with the bad news abter the update and he told me that this thime they're goin to ask Skoda's factory what to do next but I don't have any hope that this is going to a good end.

Have you tried to change privacy settings? One step back from unrestricted helped me as it seems for now.

On 04/07/2023 at 21:44, Popovski said:

I asked the dealer for replacement I he told me that 100% this wont fix the problem. "They" - Skoda Service Cnter knew about lot of other cars with my problem and the fix is new software update. The update is here, instaled but unfortunately this is not the solution. At this moment I am writing and e-mail to Skoda factory askig what to do next.

Would you share contacts how to contact Skoda factory? I'd like to chat with them.
Any time I ask dealer to contact them, the only answer they give is that they can't do so unless car is there and connected to their tools 🤦‍♂️ And I have an impression that every time car is there, workshop staff just ignores whatever obesrvations I share with them. So I got stuck in constant "MIB replacement -> update -> wait till same issue" loop and they don't want to look anywhere else. Perhaps it is some communications module which triggers MIB, if just changing privacy (and thus connectivity) settings helps.

@Popovski

Are there any unusal error messages in the VC before your MiB does a boot cycle?

You wrote something about SOS module - it's a discrete piece of hardware and a possible cause.

Once I had this issue:

https://studio.youtube.com/video/_qUP6rMveFQ/edit

All sorts of alerts but the airbag control unit was the only cause.

Hi everyone,

so frustrated with the constant restart of the infotainment. Sometimes it happens 2-3 times withing 15 minutes.

Have an octavia 2020, PHEV. 1896 is firmware, hardware H56.

Can somebody share me the firmware file in PM?

Thank you!