Infotainment System Restarting endlessly

4 minutes ago, SkOmk4 said:

Kövesse a fórum szabályait srácok, ez nagyon udvariatlan a többi taggal szemben...

Privát üzenetet küldhettek egymásnak, ha külön beszélgetést szeretnétek.

Dear System Administrator!
I apologize! Your comment is completely valid.
I recently found this forum and learned a lot of useful information.
Sincerely, HeRee79

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello! I called Skoda service and they said that I should have received the 1941 update by OTA at the beginning of October. OTA doesn't update for me. Any ideas why it won't download the update? I am a main user, online update is turned on, I have an eSim.....
What can I expect from the dealer?

If your vehicel is qualified you still might have to be more patient since the rollout is done "step-by-step" so the update is not available for all at the same time. If you can't wait due to pressing issues the dealer should be able to help you via manual update our you perform the update by yourself @own risk...

• Like 1

Hi,

Mine was in yesterday for it's yearly service and already had the 1941 update. There was a TPI for it though to module 5F that specifically targets the infotainment system reboots.

I'm at work this now so will edit my post when I get home with the TPI number.

John

Got mine, it's update this morning it's. just installing 1941 now, waiting for it to download.

UK.  Old version was  1898 👍😁

כי

System information

Device part number: 5E3035816K

Hardware: H58

Software: 1898

Display unit/control panel hardware: H47 Display unit/control panel software: 2103 Navigation database:

Media Codec:

Edited by skoda2019

ooh exciting! I've driven mine for about an hour this morning. 3x crashes and no sign of an ota update :dull: Hopefully soon!

I have slightly older (ever so slightly) system stats though... 

Device part number: 53035816H

Hardware: H56

Software: 1896

Display unit/control panel hardware: H44

Display unit/control panel software: 2088

Navigation database; 20.3

Media Codec: 3.1.4

My dealership updated my infotainment software a couple of weeks ago and I assumed it was the latest version, but reading the above posts, it doesn't seem to be...

Device part number: 5E3035816H

Hardware: H56

Software: 1896

Display unit/control panel hardware: H44

Display unit/control panel software: 2088

Navigation database; 22.1

Media Codec: 3.1.4

Since the update, my sat nav hasn't loaded at all (I've using my android phone instead) and it hasn't stopped the "pop pop SOS" error. The system doesn't restart itself though. I wonder why we all have different software versions.

UK Over the air are dropping for 1941 you just need to be a bit more patience.

It's worth the wait.

Or call into a dealer to sort it if you're in a rush and not confident of doing it yourself.

I was tempted to DIY but it's not my car, so very happy it was showing as OTA this morning.

30 minutes ago, skoda2019 said:

@jpeg86.  Your maps are out of date so are you sure you're getting OTA updates?

I think that's because i'm not subscribed to the "Infotainment Online" package in the shop? it reads like you only get the latest map updates if you pay for that... and seeing as i use waze via carplay, i dont see the need. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jpg86 said:

I think that's because i'm not subscribed to the "Infotainment Online" package in the shop? it reads like you only get the latest map updates if you pay for that... and seeing as i use waze via carplay, i dont see the need. 

You're correct. The map updates have nothing to do with the system updates. You get system updates OTA regardless of any subscriptions.

• Like 3

On 24/10/2023 at 07:39, HeRee79 said:

Szia ! Egy olyan kérdésem lenne, hogy bejelentetted a szervizben a hibát és úgy küldték rá a frissítést vagy automatikusan jött?

On 24/10/2023 at 07:47, WiziPok said:

Szia, minden automatikusan történt minden bejelentés nélkül, csak sokat kellet várni rá 🙂. Az autót 05/2023-ban gyártották.

@HeRee79 & @WiziPok can you please write in English ONLY as per the rules, I appreciate English may not be your first language, if at all but please use a translation service (google etc) if needed:

5. Posting & Freedom of speech

All posts should be made in English. The use of other languages, or "txt speak" is not permitted and will lead to posts being removed.

• Like 1

Hello!  I have an appointment for the update on November 7th!  Downloaded it by itself today and installed it in 15 minutes!  Haven't tried it yet, but I'll give it a try!

IMG_20231022_191541.jpg

IMG_20231028_113344.jpg

IMG_20231028_113414.jpg

IMG_20231028_124852.jpg

• Like 2

Finally got the 1941 update over the weekend. I didn't have any loop problems, but I am hoping it *might* fix the Android Auto bug I have.

Anyone else use Android Auto via USB-C? Works flawlessly? Periodic problems? Mine mostly works perfectly, but occasionally I am unable to press icons which requires me to reconnect USB-C.

1 hour ago, ChrisGTL80 said:

Finally got the 1941 update over the weekend. I didn't have any loop problems, but I am hoping it *might* fix the Android Auto bug I have.

Anyone else use Android Auto via USB-C? Works flawlessly? Periodic problems? Mine mostly works perfectly, but occasionally I am unable to press icons which requires me to reconnect USB-C.

Tell your phone to forget your phone and set it up again, just be aware that if you have a VPN installed on your phone, that it's disabled as it causes AA to crash with a Red Screen of Death.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

just be aware that if you have a VPN installed on your phone, that it's disabled as it causes AA to crash with a Red Screen of Death.

That's useful to know, thank you. I've been encouraging the family to use a VPN when out and about on public WiFi at least - but easy to leave it on when back on good ol' 4G and connecting to the car. Hopefully they'll sort it for AndroidAuto; thankfully I had no such issue with iOS and CarPlay but worth being aware of the potential.

Back to 1941 update; mine sometimes reboots once when first starting the car (about one in three or four times) but the repeated reboots for the initial few minutes are gone.

4 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

It shouldn't be doing any reboots, mine isn't doing it and its had a few downloads on top of the update.

Thanks. Thinking about it, what I am seeing is probably an initial boot up (rather than a 'resume' from sleep/standby) as it occurs mostly after being left for a while.