Infotainment System Restarting endlessly

8 minutes ago, aaaaplay said:

Not a problem.

Sometime around mid 2023 Skoda added an extra view to the virtual cockpit.

Most Mk4 Octavias with Maps and the MOI3 system (bigger 10.25" infotainment display) can display this first view:

Screenshot2024-03-07at11_47_18am.png.bfb92c54fb5e7d2aeb78bd229663e914.png

However, only Octavias with the updated virtual cockpit get the additional dials and map view like this:
673203980_2023-04-0314_09_13-Window.thumb.webp.2f319e786a2560ceea160bcb4d476ecd.webp

It's minor but I do prefer the second view as that's is what was available in my previous car a Kamiq Monte Carlo.

From what I've read the earlier virtual cockpits don't have enough processing power. Mine tends to struggle when there are a lot of 3D buildings e.g. I'm driving through the Melbourne CBD. Skoda started installing this clusters in late 2022 and enabling the additional view from factory sometime in 2023 - in other words some cars from late 2022 can have this enabled via coding e.g. OBDeleven if they don't have it from factory.

I'd still buy a 2021 over a 2022 or 2023 though, because some of them lost features due to component shortages - at least for us in Australia, I'd consult a UK user on changes for your market - side note a model year changes thread would be a great idea for the forum because Skoda isn't alway clear on the changes they make.

Cheers again that's handy to know.

I must admit i have started a new thread in this section yesterday asking if there have been any changes to the vRS spec over the last 3 years or so to see if anything has gone from being standard to option or vice versa or if things have been removed altogether or added etc..... but as yet it's not had any replies. (When i was looking at the Cupra Formentor recently the big one i remember with the spec i was looking at was the powered tailgate was standard for the first 6-12 months before being made an option after that).

14 minutes ago, WaveyDavey said:

Cheers again that's handy to know.

I must admit i have started a new thread in this section yesterday asking if there have been any changes to the vRS spec over the last 3 years or so to see if anything has gone from being standard to option or vice versa or if things have been removed altogether or added etc..... but as yet it's not had any replies. (When i was looking at the Cupra Formentor recently the big one i remember with the spec i was looking at was the powered tailgate was standard for the first 6-12 months before being made an option after that).

I'd suggest looking at Skoda UK's press release section - if that's a thing.

If you were to ask me about Australian spec changes I could tell you a tone. But to be fair we only get option packs and not individual items that can be optioned - plus our colour choice is very limited. So it's much easier to track changes.

But even with official press releases they don't tell you all the minute changes that the marketing reps think are insignificant. A thread a bit like this one for the Saab 9-3 (I owned a 9-3 Aero many years ago) on the Saab Central forum is what I'm thinking. It details everything from minor to major changes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I have Octavia 1.5 TSI 2023  model.

Infotaiment version is 1900

My car doesnt have SIM card. I am not able to get OTA updates. Is it possible to update SW from my side with USB without involvement of dealer?

5 hours ago, Mustafacan said:

Hello

I have Octavia 1.5 TSI 2023  model.

Infotaiment version is 1900

My car doesnt have SIM card. I am not able to get OTA updates. Is it possible to update SW from my side with USB without involvement of dealer?

Check out page 26 and the post by @The Wanderer for full instructions.  The download link for software version 1941 is also somewhere in this topic.  You could try requesting access to it via this Google Drive link (not mine)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZrR5cXSC6SbcHM-Xi7P0b2DwkWi24Ch-/view?usp=drivesdk

8 minutes ago, stridercombi said:

Any chance any has the 1969 firmware to share?

I saw the MK8 Golf guys already started their rounds.

Not sure that's even been released for the Skoda cars yet.?

Honestly, with version 1941 being very stable and given the software issues experienced by many since the MK4 was released a new update isn't something that fills me with much excitement.

50 minutes ago, spcdust said:

Not sure that's even been released for the Skoda cars yet.?

Honestly, with version 1941 being very stable and given the software issues experienced by many since the MK4 was released a new update isn't something that fills me with much excitement.

I would do it a try, for sure. Not sure for the rest, but for me, after the lasts OTA updates 1941 version feels laggy when starting.

1 minute ago, Mario_Delgado said:

I would do it a try, for sure. Not sure for the rest, but for me, after the lasts OTA updates 1941 version feels laggy when starting.

I have an SEL First Edition, so early in the production run, and find version 1941 snappy and responsive.

• Like 2

Good evening, I wanted to update from 1896 to 1940. But I haven't restarted for 5 months so I stopped. But every now and then all the ADAS are deactivated. By turning the car off and on again everything goes back to normal. Does the update solve the problem?

Immagine WhatsApp 2024-03-23 ore 16.57.27_556471cd.jpg

I meant 1941. I don't know if ada is a separate system and therefore needs a different type of update

27 minutes ago, Rainesh said:

1969 has been released! I have updated several cars and works like the VW / Seat version in smoothness etc. 

looking forward to the sharing of the downloadable firmware here. Nice to see it working

39 minutes ago, stridercombi said:

looking forward to the sharing of the downloadable firmware here. Nice to see it working

I wont be sharing the downloadable firmware here. You can get the firmware very soon from @East_Yorkshire_Retrofits as he is one of the board sponsor here. He is currently updating the website. 

9 hours ago, Rainesh said:

1969 has been released! I have updated several cars and works like the VW / Seat version in smoothness etc. 

Has the new “1969” software been released by skoda or is it modified vw/seat software?

• Like 1

• Sponsor
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Weeguy said:

Has the new “1969” software been released by skoda or is it modified vw/seat software?

It's an official release from Skoda 

https://eastyorkshireretrofits.co.uk/products/mib3-software-updates-skoda?variant=42523584364709

Edited by East_Yorkshire_Retrofits
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, East_Yorkshire_Retrofits said:

I often anticipate a software update for other devices positively but, after all the previous issues with Škoda software and the fact that 1941 has been very robust I’m happy to hold back.  Assume this update is more under the hood stuff or are their any end significant improvements that make real work differences for the end user.  From my perspective the GUI is already snappy and responsive so I am inclined to wait until the OTA update comes my way.

• Like 2