Infotainment System Restarting endlessly

On 26/02/2024 at 14:45, Edela said:

Had a glitch on 1941 a week ago. Infotainment lost all the settings, went back to default home screen and icons arrangement. Driving data was lost, too. No clue what caused that, works fine since then.

I too had this issue after 1941. layout got reset. I did a factory reset and started fresh. have not had the issue since. Also I just updated to 1969.. will test it out and revert. Others are enjoying the update as of now,

6 hours ago, landi75 said:

Ciao agiornamento MEN2_EU_SKGPX_P8740

Wrong thread sorry. You want the Superb section. This topic relates to the MIB3/MOI3 head unit used in the Octavia Mk4/Golf 8/Leon 4.5/Formentor.

On 22. 6. 2023 at 8:33, Patiiik said:

Dobrý den,
mohl bych Vás také poprosit o odkaz.
Nyní mám hardware 1896 a H56
viz foto-

IMG_1395.jpeg

Dobrý den, také bych rad získal odkaz na stažení SW 1941. Současně mám H56 a 1896

20240327_145457.jpg

On 03/04/2024 at 09:52, Giannis20 said:

No, with the specific original file. 

I will post the link. I don't know if it is OK by the forum rules. If it isn't please tell me to delete it immediately. 

Update size is almost 10Gb

MIB3OI_1969.txt 122 B · 95 downloads

Ahoj. Tento odkaz v txt dokumentu ke stažení sw 1969 už nefunguje. Máš a můžeš mi poslat odkaz ke stažení sw 1969

25 minutes ago, ReSeTe said:

Ahoj. Tento odkaz v txt dokumentu ke stažení sw 1969 už nefunguje. Máš a můžeš mi poslat odkaz ke stažení sw 1969

@ReSeTe the language of this Forum is English, please always post in English.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ReSeTe said:

Hello.  Link in txt file to download SW ver.  1969 no longer works.  Can I get a new download link from you?  Thank you

7 minutes ago, ReSeTe said:

Check this thread out.  I have posted new download links that you should be able to download the file from:

Edited by spcdust

Hey all, I had this to the point where I couldn't make calls (I'm on the rd a lot) or use GPS as it was doing it every 30 seconds. Got upgraded to 1941 and the problem was fixed  - so I thought. Just started again today.

Now the head unit doesn't switch off when the car is locked and ive had low voltage warning a couple of times. I have noticed though that it seems to do it way more when the temp is > 25 Celsius. Or at least seems to kick off the period when it does it. 

Anyone have any ideas why?

Off to the dealer to get them to have a look but since tomorrow is cold, $ to donuts, it won't do it tomorrow.. Driving me bonkers!

Cheers,

Steph

Edited by kreeker
Extra text

Hello everyone,

Better late then never. Last week my problem was finally fixed after two visits at official service in Kranj. At first appointment they updated (TPI 2065556/14) system software on my infotainment (1810 -> 1896 -> 1941). Everything was working fast and smooth way better then before but sadly after 1-2h I got the same issue. I went straight back to the garage and there was no errors on the computer. They sended some pictures and videos to factory and they got instructions to replace the infotainment screen. Two days later my car was back in their garage to change infotainment screen and after that there is no more any problems. I'm adding pictures of system information (before/update/later) to see changes.

Here are all the problem I had last week:

• Touch was not working
  • Unknown clicking with ''click'' sound
  • Endlessly restarting
  • Infotainment screen turning on/off when car was locked
  • Radio/Multimedia sound was muting in pausing
  • Maneuver parking currently unavailable
  • GPS location was wrong (old location when car was turned on)

I hope there won't be any more problems. Fingers crossed!

Before.jpg

Update.jpg

Replacement.jpg

Edited by PrimozAmbrozic
  • Like 1

Very helpful, thanks Primoz. I don't use GPS so wouldn't know if my gps is faulty but the rest of your errors line up with mine. I was already on 1941 so suspect it's a hardware fault. Especially given its the warm weather that does this. 

Cars in the workshop now getting diagnosed so passed on your info to them. Did skoda test your battery too as guessing getting discharged so much by being on o/night is less than ideal?

Fingers crossed the fix works for you!

On 14/04/2024 at 19:37, darkmatterink said:

I too had this issue after 1941. layout got reset. I did a factory reset and started fresh. have not had the issue since. Also I just updated to 1969.. will test it out and revert. Others are enjoying the update as of now,

Odd I had this same thing happen last Friday. Nothing updated (still on 1941). Just turned on the car and all settings gone. Frustrating!

13 hours ago, PrimozAmbrozic said:

Hello everyone,

Better late then never. Last week my problem was finally fixed after two visits at official service in Kranj. At first appointment they updated (TPI 2065556/14) system software on my infotainment (1810 -> 1896 -> 1941). Everything was working fast and smooth way better then before but sadly after 1-2h I got the same issue. I went straight back to the garage and there was no errors on the computer. They sended some pictures and videos to factory and they got instructions to replace the infotainment screen. Two days later my car was back in their garage to change infotainment screen and after that there is no more any problems. I'm adding pictures of system information (before/update/later) to see changes.

Here are all the problem I had last week:

• Touch was not working
  • Unknown clicking with ''click'' sound
  • Endlessly restarting
  • Infotainment screen turning on/off when car was locked
  • Radio/Multimedia sound was muting in pausing
  • Maneuver parking currently unavailable
  • GPS location was wrong (old location when car was turned on)

I hope there won't be any more problems. Fingers crossed!

Before.jpg

Update.jpg

Replacement.jpg

Cool to see you got a hardware and software upgrade on your display going from H44/2088 to H49/2103. I wonder if that equates to any other subtle changes? I've got H44/2088 but with 1969.

Update on mine - they're replacing the screen which they think will fix the issue. I think agree given that it's worse when it's warm outside. Fingers crossed, will update in 6 weeks

Last year i had famous reboots on 1896 sw and Škoda changed my screen. Of course that didn't solved my problem, sw update on 1941 did. But after that when it is warm outside new one started to go on and off by itself. Happened maybe three times since last summer. Now i am waiting one more screen replacement and hopefully that is it. So new part is faulty, old one worked almost three years without going on and off. Generally, i am very happy with car and sw 1941 almost a year now, hope this is it and i can wait for warranty expire in september peacefully. 

1 hour ago, Krle said:

Now i am waiting one more screen replacement and hopefully that is it.

Don't hope too much. Mine was replaced twice. There are way less issues now, but there still are. Soon heat will come and I will see what it brings, but I already expect reboots or on/off loops.

2 hours ago, Edela said:

Don't hope too much. Mine was replaced twice. There are way less issues now, but there still are. Soon heat will come and I will see what it brings, but I already expect reboots or on/off loops.

Just out of interest, did your faulty screens cause a parasitic drain on the battery? I have to have my car on charge 24/7 . Skoda didn't want to release it to me but I need a car until they give me a hire car. In an hour of not being charged, battery loses 2/3 charge. Almost feel like the alternator has crapped out too. Maybe even battery not holding charge? Dunno how long the drain has been going on..

1 hour ago, kreeker said:

Just out of interest, did your faulty screens cause a parasitic drain on the battery?

Yes. Though they did not explain me if it was only because of infotainment acting up, or there was something else. It coincided with the second replacement that issues with 12V battery discharging stopped.

Hello,

I have a Skoda Octavia Combi IV

The car was manufactured in Oct 2020 and I would like to update the software version to 1941.

• My current software is MOI3_EU_SK_R8960L version 1896
  • Hardware H56
  • Display unit H44

Could someone share a link to download this 1941 version?

thanks a lot

1 hour ago, aurell said:

Hello,

I have a Skoda Octavia Combi IV

The car was manufactured in Oct 2020 and I would like to update the software version to 1941.

• My current software is MOI3_EU_SK_R8960L version 1896
  • Hardware H56
  • Display unit H44

Could someone share a link to download this 1941 version?

thanks a lot

There have been plenty of links shared in this and other threads. Search rather

than adding to this already enormous thread

Hello to everybody.  Thanks for the links to the SW update.  I bought an Octavia 4 in 2020, which was version 1869. According to the following advice, I first updated the SW to version 1941, which went smoothly in about 22 minutes.  I tried for 2 days and then went to update to version 1969, which also went fine in about 15min.  With both updates, I noticed that the ethernet and mercury items are not updated and remain the same.  Infotaiment has sped up compared to the original version, no reboot in 14 days connection of android phone is fine.  The only problem that updates do not solve is the administration of the main user.  since purchase in March 2024 I still haven't managed to become a master user.  I dealt with Skoda support, still with version 1896, and they sent me to the service center to update the sw.  I have already been to the service center 2 times and 2 times they played the software first back to version 1941 because I updated myself to version 1969 and the second time to version 1969 including resetting the oco unit and it still didn't help, still the main user.  can't stand  Even with me skoda ID and their skoda ID, Infotaiment will stay in spinning wheel mode and write wait.  So the service is contacting support after 3 and they will call me back when they have the information.

20240417_152840.jpg

20240417_222020.jpg

20240417_222225.jpg

20240417_222854_HDR.jpg

20240418_164239.jpg

20240418_164319.jpg

20240418_164330.jpg

20240418_164506.jpg

20240423_100701.jpg

20240423_100823.jpg

28 minutes ago, ReSeTe said:

Hello to everybody.  Thanks for the links to the SW update.  I bought an Octavia 4 in 2020, which was version 1869. According to the following advice, I first updated the SW to version 1941, which went smoothly in about 22 minutes.  I tried for 2 days and then went to update to version 1969, which also went fine in about 15min.  With both updates, I noticed that the ethernet and mercury items are not updated and remain the same.  Infotaiment has sped up compared to the original version, no reboot in 14 days connection of android phone is fine.  The only problem that updates do not solve is the administration of the main user.  since purchase in March 2024 I still haven't managed to become a master user.  I dealt with Skoda support, still with version 1896, and they sent me to the service center to update the sw.  I have already been to the service center 2 times and 2 times they played the software first back to version 1941 because I updated myself to version 1969 and the second time to version 1969 including resetting the oco unit and it still didn't help, still the main user.  can't stand  Even with me skoda ID and their skoda ID, Infotaiment will stay in spinning wheel mode and write wait.  So the service is contacting support after 3 and they will call me back when they have the information.

20240417_152840.jpg

20240417_222020.jpg

20240417_222225.jpg

20240417_222854_HDR.jpg

20240418_164239.jpg

20240418_164319.jpg

20240418_164330.jpg

20240418_164506.jpg

20240423_100701.jpg

20240423_100823.jpg

Maybe you need an to get the Online Connected Unit (OCU) updated? The OCU controls the functionally of online services which includes user accounts.

If you ever had your SOS module updated or replaced then that is the OCU.

You can source the OCU update files from MIBSolution but I have no idea if that is something you can apply yourself or if you need ODIS like every other module in the car.

3 hours ago, aaaaplay said:

Možná potřebujete aktualizaci online připojené jednotky (OCU)? OCU řídí funkčnost online služeb, které zahrnují uživatelské účty.

Pokud jste někdy nechali svůj modul SOS aktualizovat nebo vyměnit, pak je to OCU.

Aktualizační soubory OCU můžete získat z MIBSolution, ale nemám ponětí, zda je to něco, co můžete použít sami, nebo zda potřebujete ODIS jako každý jiný modul v autě.

Hello.  Thanks for the answer.  Quite frankly, although this is a fairly common problem, according to how many of the same problems I have read on the forums, it's a shame that Škoda support and their original service still can't fix this on the first try.  The IT department referred me to my nearest service where they sent them the sw to update and it didn't help.  The service contacted IT again and they received the OCU update, they did it and it didn't work, the service also tried with their ID account where they have normal vehicles in the application as the main user and it didn't work either.  So, I am contacting Skoda support and the IT department again and they will call me back when they know what to do next.  The user can be added and his settings are saved, but he cannot become the main user, he does not ask for authorization with the help of both keys/drivers.  Without the main user, the application does not work, the activation is not completed and there is no conncet item for online services in the menu.  Of course, the infotainment globe is white and I have paid for esim data services.  When the next service is over, I will let other users know.

20240423_100743.jpg

20240423_100728.jpg

Capture+_2024-04-30-09-01-48.png