All Activity
- Past hour
-
Cleaning Veritate wheels
You can use a bowl of hot water as an alternative for softening the plastic if Mrs A won't part with her hairdryer. Soak the brush for a few seconds in the water to warm it. Once the plastic is warmed by either method, apply firm but even pressure to bend it. You should be able to feel it moving - it's a bit like very thick toffee - and also when it starts to cool and stiffen, and becomes brittle again. You may need two or three goes to get each of the bends fully formed. I'm looking forward to seeing some photos of the finished product 😄
-
ropie joined the community
-
amirul91 started following Skoda Octavia Mk2 (2004 - 2013)
-
Amazed Skoda has become so BAD..
Nottslan Yes. my car was new with 5 miles on the clock.
- OEM+ android auto options
-
New car
Apologies for the late reply. Glow plugs: in order to stop them seizing and being difficult to remove (rounded heads, seizing, snapping), I suggest replacing them every 7 years. If the head rounds, I suggest leaving it in place and not trying to extract it; the engine will start OK on the remaining glow plugs, but obviously more might fail. They are not expensive and easy to remove if not stubborn/seized. Injectors: new OEM injectors are good for about 120 - 130K miles. Reconditioned ones last about 20K miles. When one injector fails, the rest also fail within about 10 - 15K miles. Genuine, new OEM injectors are expensive. Other forum members may have different views on the above.
-
cbzbfailure joined the community
-
7heob joined the community
-
200ps Diesel vs 190ps Petrol - Superb mk3 facelift post 2021
Hello, I got myself a 200ps tdi at the beginning of this year and so far I don't regret it one bit, but then again I haven't tried the 280 or 190 tsi-s. It replaced my previous 150ps tsi Octavia which I also loved, but this car had most of the bells and whistles I'd dreamed of and more power than the previous so not going to tempt myself with the tsi-s for quite a while. In regards to driving, it's my first automatic diesel and to me the throttle response on the regular "D" profile felt a bit sluggish, since I don't like to drive in "Sport" mode all the time like some people suggest. I got around that by reading the forum and doing a suggested adaptation to change the throttle response profile from "Incremental" to "Direct" and for me at least that improved the feel quite a bit. I don't know the difference in 0-60 for the 200ps tdi and 190ps tsi but I can say that you'll certainly feel the difference in power from your current 150ps, I certainly did and it hasn't left me wanting, I've had no problems passing other cars even when fully loaded. When doing research before committing to my car I found a reddit thread when googling, you'll find it with the name "VW EA288 2.0 TDI things to know before buying" and that gave me some good hints on what to check. Go take both the 200 and 190 for a stroll and who knows, maybe you'll favour one more than the other, making this an easy choice for you Best of luck on your car search!
-
M4keSh1ft started following 200ps Diesel vs 190ps Petrol - Superb mk3 facelift post 2021
-
-
Noob!
- Coilovers suggestions?
Hello Evolution13! Thank you for the reply! I did not know there was a search for this forum and I thank you for the guidance for what sections to look into. Kind regards, Boifreson.- Today
marbrifox joined the community- Advice on/Experience with engine replacement 2.0 TDi
No worries. I sourced it from http://www.vangilsautomotive.nl/ via https://www.proxyparts.com Searched for the engine by engine code. Did the work with a friend of mine, so a big savings.- OEM+ android auto options
- Cleaning Veritate wheels
Monday's little purchase from Tesco. Every little helps! Just need to ask Mrs A for access to her beloved hairdryer, set heat to max and try my hand at the adaptation!- 4 million cars recalled for steering bolt corrosion
Tell more about this, location pleaseile7 started following 4 million cars recalled for steering bolt corrosion- Changing Cars
Well, all change, had the car a week and took it back with faults from day 1, and rejected it under Consurmers Rights Act. Dealer was ok about that, but they've sold my old Superb. They are putting my financail position back to where it was refunding cash I paid and the pex trade in value, but at the moment I'm carless, except for the Fabia they have given me as a courtesy car til the rejection process is over. Only problem I'm in somerset and travelling to scotland on 22nd Oct, just over 2 weeks to source another car. Not to worry I'll treat myself and hire a good car. Can't find a Superb, think I'll treat myself to a Merc e class- MK1 OCTAVIA BITS
There not OEM, will have to check when I'm back home on Thursday, they were from Kopacek back when they were called Superskoda, will also have to look into postal cost to Czech Republic.- Skoda Scala 1.0 TSI 2023 - Stiff Gear Change
It's booked into the garage on Thursday (8th October)!jozobozo joined the community- Repeated daily Infotainment update issues
Sorry I meant the infotainment update 0334 Gabbo- 200ps Diesel vs 190ps Petrol - Superb mk3 facelift post 2021
Petrol. The 190tsi is efficient enough.KeteCantek started following 200ps Diesel vs 190ps Petrol - Superb mk3 facelift post 2021- Experiences in retrofitting Superb mk3.5 steering wheel to Octavia mk3.5?
- Wheel refurb colour change
Another vote for grey/charcoal/anthracite. I find black wheels tend to lose any definition in the design. A lighter shade helps bring out the difference.- Fabia VRS LE Register Part Trois
I met the owner of 896 today, came and parked behind me at the supermarket when he saw me. Lovely chap, owned from new, still loves ut. Also Kent based.- the truth about electric cars
Not strictly electric car related, but I know that many EV'ers also have home battery installations, so this is a warning of possible troubles; I would not want anyone to suffer.- Experiences in retrofitting Superb mk3.5 steering wheel to Octavia mk3.5?
- Experiences in retrofitting Superb mk3.5 steering wheel to Octavia mk3.5?
I got the recommendation from a polish colleague, ordered from Skoda-Parts Czech page. This is not too far off from what I ordered in terms of looks: https://skoda-parts.cz/produkty/zkoseny-dsg-kozeny-volant-s-airbagem/ Emulator was some additional cost, not too much, something 3000 something CZK but cant seem to find the exact product page right now.- the truth about electric cars
- Last nights petrol versus electric documentary
@johnnie47 It is great that there are choices and will be for many years to come. The millions of ICE vehicles available now and until no longer available new will be going on for decades yet. Sad IMO is that those that did get EV,s and might of had Free Charging and no VED no longer have that. But fair doos. Charging 3 pence a mile from EV drivers from next year is certainly not fair for those paying the public charging tariffs with 20% VAT.- Experiences in retrofitting Superb mk3.5 steering wheel to Octavia mk3.5?
- Coilovers suggestions?
Important Information
Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.