All Activity
- Past hour
-
Finally signed up
Hi Shakelton Snap Octavia First Skoda for me in fact. Mk iV Estate SE Technology 1.4Tsi PHEV Covid model early tech Plenty of problems Not being a spanner twirler myself left the multiple red and Orange fairy lights to the main dealers It’s been an expensive introduction to Skoda Picking up after latest issue HV chiller failure after previous incorrect diagnoses. Hopefully will start paying me back with my job now. I am not convinced but must live in hope. Tbh at least it’s not diesel and the complexity of the hybrid is maybe a silver lining in view of current oil supply crisis
-
Hortiguy started following Finally signed up
- Hi from Mercury 009
-
Mercury009 started following Skoda Kamiq 2021 MIB3 update request (Hardware 040 / SW 1310)יין and Hi from Mercury 009
-
Error: selector lever...
I'm guessing it is due to some components that is being affected by the temperature. I'm seeing this error mostly in cold weather or in extreme hot temperatures.
-
Auto Start-Stop not functioning
This rarely works on my vrs - new from Jan, 10k now on the clock. I'd say I do decent mileage, at least to charge the battery sufficiently. Work is 20 miles away, never seems to come on then randomly at weekends maybe on short journeys. Combine it with auto-hold and it's not exactly a smooth motion when it does decide to work.
-
mork23 started following Auto Start-Stop not functioning
-
Google Maps etc. in Virtual Cockpit
2020 Superb L&K here: Columbus 9.2" (MHI2_ER_SKG13_P4526, MU 1440) with the 10.25" Virtual Cockpit. The dash gets its map as video from the Columbus over the MOST fibre-optic link, which is why only Columbus cars can show a map in the cockpit. The open-source project mhi2_altscreen_carplay on GitHub feeds the CarPlay map into that same link instead. Its reference car is on exactly this firmware. It's been shown working in a real Škoda (Apple Maps, Google Maps, Waze), but it's developer-only for now: you need SSH access to the head unit and there's no SD-card installer yet. Anyone else on SKG13/MU 1440 looking at testing?
-
Fuel Gauge Sender is kaput- Does anyone have a part number?
In case anyone is interested in how this was resolved. I read that on the 4x4 saddle tank the secondary pickup on the LHS drains the left side of the fuel tank first, once that’s empty it drains the RHS. LHS is just a pickup & a float sensor while the RHS has a pump and another float sensor. The tank was only registering a drop in level after about 200 miles indicating it was the LHS that was at fault. So after a couple of false starts I sourced the correct parts. I got the RHS float sensor from Skoda for about £110, part number 3Q0-919-673-K, I figured I may as well change it at the same time. I could only get the whole LHS assembly, I picked one up on eBay for £100, part number 3Q0-919-098-B I also invested in a fuel pump ring removal tool which made life a lot easier than using a chisel to get the pumps out. LHS side first, I popped the pickup unit out and just unclipped the whole thing from the hose and replaced it with the new one. On the other side I just unclipped the float sensor, popped it out and replaced it making sure the wires were rerouted the same way. On opening up the suspect float sensor the pickups were very worn and was showing intermittent resistance so definitely where the fault was coming from. On the plus side the fuel gauge appears to be working properly again.
- Today
-
Exhaust Backbox
That would be very nice, I think thats why I haven't pulled the trigger on them as I do like the factory look, with the non gloss and fins not being anywhere else on the car. Let me know how much etc
-
Kamiq MY20 MIB3 Update
Hi everyone. If I update via USB—going from version 304 to 308 and then 330—will everything still work in the MySkoda app? Things like remote unlocking, vehicle location, and alarm notifications? Will I be able to log into my account and set myself as the primary user? And here’s a crucial point: what happens if I don't clear the SVM version compatibility error after the update (since I don't have the cable)? Google AI told me that remote functions wouldn't work due to a software version mismatch. What have your experiences been with the online account after a manual update? I have active Infotainment Online and Care Connect subscriptions, but I'm stuck with old software and an endless OTA update loop for three apps that’s been going on since June. Skoda wants to charge me for an update, even though they broke the system in the first place—which really infuriated me...
-
MarcinB24 started following Kamiq MY20 MIB3 Update
- Amundsen MIB1 Firmware update finally completed - MSTD_EU_SK_P6230 MU0490
-
Error: selector lever...
Seen by caffyns today. It needs a new part, which is one that needs the exhaust removing for access! Booked for 13th October. i will try to get a look at the removed part, and a photo if possible.
-
Shackleton started following Finally signed up
-
Finally signed up
Hi , after reading many forum entries on here I thought it would be better to join. I normally twirl spanners on motorcycles , not professionally, just a hobby. We are on our fourth Skoda , an Octavia but we also still have a 20 year old Fabia .
-
Google Maps etc. in Virtual Cockpit
MOST
-
Shackleton joined the community
-
the truth about electric cars
I lost my faith in the VAG Group about a decade ago and have been happy with Renault and even Dacia pretty much since then. All the Germanesque car makers have had a lost decade but they have finally woken up and started to produce good cars again. Mercedes winning European Car of the Year, BMW knowing making some standout cars though still very pricey and VAG finally producing a well designed EV ie the ID Polo and its spin off the Epiq and Raval, not sure about the A2, the original one was silly and not sure new one is much better. World is so much more competitive now ie Kia, BYD etc.
-
Cabin heater easy way in with cabel from enginebay
Hello from Sweden! We have just bought a Kamiq for wifey and i need to install a cabin heater. Does anyone know if there is an easy way to get a cable from the engine bay in to the cabin? I did not find an as easy route in as i remember doing on the Fabia Monte Carlo she had before.
-
the truth about electric cars
VW Group have had plenty time now to sort out Snagging Faults with the ID Buzz, and all the other VW Group new models or new generations with faults / issues. Now they have a new issue to get their Dealerships & Authorised workshops to deal with. Which Skoda's in which regions of the globe that might be affected would be handy to know. For Skoda owners / drivers. ** NoteVW Caddy 11 years of production from 2013.
-
the truth about electric cars
I think it's a pause in production of the Buzz to clear out existing stocks. Likely to be back being made in late 2027 / 2028 by all accounts?
-
the truth about electric cars
Dont kill the messenger. I am surprised the Times, C4 and others are peddling but then it is a click bait world. I am just getting the pop corn in to watch on !
-
When will Epiq be in showrooms.
I also believe so because that is what is said on the internet / dealers sites etc. Why not ask the Dealership near you what they actually know since their job is getting in new Skoda vehicles on tours of the UK & then Showroom & Demonstrator versions. If they can not say or do not know then who does?
-
-
the truth about electric cars
In US and even being extended non production for another year so 2028 before it may restart presumably if the Democrats get back in. European production and sales have been quite strong though tweaks to production schedules have occurred to match sales. VW are now producing a LFP battery chemistry with a 60 ish battery and range of only 200 miles on a good day so again production will be tweaked depending on how well that sales and presumably we will see sodium and solid state versions too eventually.
-
A VW Group Global Recall 2026.
As with any Global or World Wide Recall with VW Group you need to check see if your vehicle is involved and The Globe includes the EU / Europe / UK and not just a Service Campaign where eventually you get a RECALL message or not. Skoda Secret Service Service Campaigns. Need to know basis. The Dealership Service Receptionists might not know.
-
the truth about electric cars
They must me reading your posts about the doom and gloom coming to us soon and decided that it was happening now. 🤣🤣
-
the truth about electric cars
-
the truth about electric cars
Might be worth another attempt. I heard that the buzz is no longer being mzde, support might be difficult soon.
-
Superb 3V3 tailgate struts - Beware Autodoc
That sounds really frustrating, especially if the site itself confirmed that the parts were suitable after you entered the car details and registration. I’ve seen quite a few mixed opinions when searching for an autodoc review, so I’d definitely double-check compatibility with the VIN before ordering anything that can have several different versions. The return postage situation is also worth keeping in mind. Hopefully you manage to get the refund sorted without any further hassle.
-
Fenix2121 started following Superb 3V3 tailgate struts - Beware Autodoc
-
Show us your Kodiaq Mk11
With my weekend toy...