Skip to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. Kojne joined the community
  3. skodak7 joined the community
  4. Got the part ex I wanted for my car so made the deal today! 2019 face lift Octavia vRS in blue. And yes, the jury is still out on that front headlamp split look, but I don't remember the last time I looked at the front of my car so its not a problem. Dealership are replacing the water pump under warranty and I'll pick it up next week Few things I'm already thinking about I'll be missing from my golf GTE.. the fuel economy! Its a petrol hybrid so can easily get 60MPG+ on my daily 60 mile round trip to work. The bucket seats in the golf are more... buckety.. Virtual cockpit, although I have it set to tacho and speedo constantly so losing that to replace it with actual tacho and speedo isn't a bad thing. Despite being older than the Octavia, it looks like a newer car. Also, oddly.. Its got one of them old fashioned hand brake things.... All in all, I'm a happy bunny and looking forwards to the new car
  5. Welcome to the forum. Despite your claimed lack of welding skills (sounds a lot like me in the past 🤣) you sound like you are fully hands on!
  6. Hello, I'm looking for an infotainment system other than MIB. It should retain the OEM Swing functions, such as start-stop information, vehicle status and fault messages, while providing smartphone mirroring and a larger display. Thank you!
  7. I withdrew from my Škoda finance agreement last year after 11 days (within the 14 day period) on a 3 month old used Karoq I had to pay £72.38 interest ( £6.58 per day) but retained all the incentives that were given at that time, £250 Škoda Contribution, 2 years roadside assistance and two services.
  8. The person concerned was a supervisor at a very large airport. His department was outsourced and then reorganised; he was then made redundant. He struggled financially for a few years and a good friend of his paid off his bank overdraft when the bank was harassing him (it wasn't a huge amount but the bank was being nasty). It was the same friend who heard that a courier company was recruiting drivers for a new contract delivering confidential documents; these had to be collected from locations all over the UK and delivered to other locations all over the UK. As he was in his late fifties and couldn't get another job, and after the previous few years of impoverishment, he leapt at the chance of the job. He dealt with the driving by smoking cigarettes until he had an M.I. on the M4 in south Wales and was taken to hospital there. After that he continued working until his pension from his 'old' job paid out. He did repay the friend who had paid off his overdraft. In his retirement, he worked for a chap who had a small garage; customers left their keys at the reception of their workplace and he collected and returned their cars; it was the chap's USP and his garage was always busy. He was a tough character and wouldn't be best pleased to be described as "BS"er! BTW, I agree that average hourly mileage on a cross-country journey using mainly motorways is about 50 miles on a good weekday. PS Having written the above, I hope that the truth of the "700 mpd" is is now accepted. PPS The courier company's cars were all Skoda diesels and the mileages that they were run up to were enormous.
  9. It sounds to me that the key problem is a failing oil pump, oil pressure live data from OBD port would be interesting.
  10. VW Group including Skoda sometimes get away in the UK with telling the DfT / DVSA that there is no need for a SAFETY CRITICAL RECALL because they will do a Voluntary Service Campaign / Recall Action and get registered keepers contact details from the DVLA. These have been known to mean nothing. The ones that look like they might get priority dues to the years covered and earliest are the VW Caddy.
  11. Today
  12. 700 miles a day + couriering sounds exactly like bull sh-it to me so i will react as i wish.
  13. 1) It was not "BS". I knew the person and the daily driving that he was doing with classified documents. It was a huge mileage. 2) Please don't use expressions similar to "sounds like BS" on BRISKODA's forums. 3) Don't cast doubts on the accuracy of my postings by using expressions similar to "sounds like BS" when replying to my postings.
  14. Further entry courtesy of serdar_18fr on the Cupra side altering the country to TUR gives Turkey https://download.updateportal.skoda-auto.com/maps/OI_P177_TUR_202612_Offline_Update.zip I guess you can use this trick on the other missing countries on the list for RoW.
  15. I found - with the typical poorly designed workflow runarounds - the Spanish motor vehicle division's search page for recalls. As of now, it shows no recall for my car. Yo dije que cualquier lado donde yo asiento es el correcto, no dije que me assiente en cualquier lugar ... :what, there's no :GrouchMarx face emoji in this web board system??
  16. Yes I think you’re right but worth a check!
  17. Nope, I don't do socials at all. 🙈 I did though a short review sponsored by Porsche Albania dealer. You won't understand much but you can enjoy the car with its external upgrades (H&R, maxton skirts and Audi RS wheels)
  18. Hi Binx, it's only about 3 years old, purchased from Tayna. I think the shudder is what's the causing the lights to appear.I will suggest to the garage when it goes in to check the battery. Thanks
  19. Not sure on the shudder but that collection of lights usually means a communication issue between control modules, which is commonly caused by low battery voltage. How new is the battery?
  20. 700 miles in a day driving would be 14 hours or more. Sounds like BS if the car / vehicle has one driver. Taxis might well be doing that with more than one driver.
  21. Evolution13 started following New car
  22. I believe I have seen someone on another post on here someone state that the lock has some relatively poor quality internal switches which detect the state. I would think swapping out the latch mechanism is probably the solution. I have a copy of the workshop manuals I can share if you need the instructions.
  23. Thanks Gaz. Appreciated. No boroscope but I think pretty sound reasoning, sadly. That said, I'd be delighted to be wrong so I'll lay it all out here. (And if someone wants to buy it as-is, I want to do it honestly and not screw the next guy over.) The car felt fine but kept going into limp home mode on longer journeys with rev restriction to 4000rpm. I took it to my regular independent who's looked after me over the years, had it traced to oil pressure switch 3, had a coolant regulator valve fixed. It kept happening and my usual garage couldn't find a cause. I noticed the engine oil temperature would reach 110C and the warning would be triggered. I took it to a local independent specialist who serviced it, noticed: "Fault found with oil pressure switch 3, p168d00, checked tpi's and none applicable. Carried thorough test plan and unable to fault and states system has no defect. Removed oil filter housing and found debris within filter. Advise oil and filter change and oil set at correct level and advise customer to monitor as fault is only sporadic". They estimated £390+VAT to pull the engine apart to find more of a cause so I took it to a 3rd garage, another independent specialist: "Checked fault codes found code P000A camshaft position sensor A component sluggish. This code together with the history of swarf in the oil and P168D oil pressure switch code is a sure sign that the oil pressure to the camshaft adjusters is dropping. As this is happening when the engine is at operating temperature I would suspect that components inside the engine are worn to a point where oil is leaking past excessively once the oil thins at temperature. This will be causing the oil pressure to drop and the code to log. It will also have a snowball effect as more wear happens the oil contains more swarm that causes more wear. The only reasonable solution at this point is a complete engine replacement or engine rebuild. Including a new oil pump, oil cooler and turbocharger oil feed and return lines." So it's pretty damning. Oddly, if it weren't for the restriction on max revs I wouldn't know- it isn't rattling and feels like it drives fine. There aren't any warning lights in between, only after it gets up to higher temps and the warnings go away when it's cooled down again.
  24. Amazing!. What a great car!
  25. I did 5 to 6 speed gearbox swap for my 2002 Mk1 Octavia TDI after a couple years ownership from new. Aside from the gearbox including gear selector on top, reverse switch and speed sensor, you will need matching gearbox mount and its console, dogbone mount, driveshafts, flywheel and clutch including slave cylinder and related piping, and a whole lot of new bolts as a lot are stretch bolts. Ironically, the gear lever and linkage fitted both old 5-spd and new 6-spd, so I did not bother replacing the gearstick nor linkage and had a "secret" 6th gear for the life of the car, ie still 5 gears+ reverse printed on the gearstick yet the 6th could be selected. Aside from this, the airco piping is usually different between 5 and 6 speed gearboxes, but I was able to get round this by fabricating an additional mount (just a small piece of steel bar with a couple holes). Speed sensor needed adaptation somewhere using VCDS, but the difference was not massive. In summary, it was quite a bit of hassle getting all the parts and then a half day of work. For me, the reduced revs on motorway were worth it though, both for comfort and for fuel bill. At least at autobahn speeds of 100mph+ I estimated that the saved fuel has more than paid for the outlay on gearbox swap over the 80k or so autobahn miles. Note at UK motorway speeds the fuel saving would likely be minimal, and at current diesel prices at least it makes financial sense to go slow anyway. Also note that this was 22 years ago, and since then Adblue injection and engine cooling layout changes went in, so there may be other parts that interfere and may need replacement. HTH
  26. lbm2211 joined the community
  27. @Scratch You need to reset SmartLink to factory settings through setup. @ovidex You don't need to remove board, just remove cover.
  28. Emergency - Esc fault on the dash, saying take car to workshop. Map detail disappearing leavimg just the car icon on a blank screen. message saying smart road sign not functioning or something like that, it didn't stay on long enough to see it all. Booming/Echoing in the cabin. When driving I felt I was fighting the car.
  29. Got the rest of the axle painted roughly in hammerite black. It still needs more time to set up, but in the meantime I squitted this out of my tiny cricut as a stencil for the yellow paint I got. It's sticky backed stuff, so i should be able to slap it on the axle, mash around it and go to town for a few coats of yellow. Hopefully that will produce sharp enough text to be readable after 50,000 miles. After it's coloured in, I'll shove some top clear coat over it to try and protect it a bit.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.